• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

MPs who suck

In fairness the Somalians only turned to piracy as a last resort after other countries completely wiped out their fishing industry. 

I'd ban fishing, but still. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

In fairness the Somalians only turned to piracy as a last resort after other countries completely wiped out their fishing industry. 

I'd ban fishing, but still. 

Maybe they liked British Naval history so much, they thought they would give it a go?

Edited by MrPin

I'd suggest there is a conflict of interest when representatives for a local population also represent people who aren't local and don't necessarily have the same needs/interests as the local population.

MPs should represent British people, either through birth or naturalisation.  That he is speaking of 'Somaliland friends' suggests that they're not citizens of the UK.  Of course, they might be naturalised, but in that case they should be British friends, not Somaliland friends.

Of course, I do think that non-citizens should be represented in some way-- just that it should be through a different mechanism than via the local MP.

13 minutes ago, dgul said:

I'd suggest there is a conflict of interest when representatives for a local population also represent people who aren't local and don't necessarily have the same needs/interests as the local population.

MPs should represent British people, either through birth or naturalisation.  That he is speaking of 'Somaliland friends' suggests that they're not citizens of the UK.  Of course, they might be naturalised, but in that case they should be British friends, not Somaliland friends.

Of course, I do think that non-citizens should be represented in some way-- just that it should be through a different mechanism than via the local MP.

Yes. Quisling traitor springs to mind.