• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
NTB

Man gets AI to write ACDC song

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, NTB said:

Some bright spark has got an AI bot to parse all of ACDC's lyrics and write a song based on them. He then set it to music. It's the future I tell thee.

That's not a bad effort but it needs to learn to play the drums - Phil Rudd woud not be impressed.

Edited by Fully Detached

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NTB said:

Some bright spark has got an AI bot to parse all of ACDC's lyrics and write a song based on them. He then set it to music. It's the future I tell thee.

I thought that was how heavy metal songs had always been written.

Anyway the Bonn Scott version would have been better

Edited by Virgil Caine

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NTB said:

It's the future I tell thee.

Or the past if '1984' was anything to go by

It's in there...

Edited by Loki

Explains how Eurovision songs are written.

I suppose the most impressive part is the scanning of the phrases, but an algrithm to handle a few basic chord progressions and the odd key change isn't all that.

The problem will always be that you can teach a machine the rules of music, but can you teach it to break them in a way that still makes sense? If you can't you will never get a mechanical Zappa or Stravinsky. 

Davdi Bowie used to cut up his lyrics with a scalpel and rearrange them to unlock hidden meanings.

That's all the first is doing IMO; though with ACDC the starting pallette is much narrower.  They really are all about the music rather than the words; and teh music is excellent.

I think Bowie was during his Berlin drugs years.

16 hours ago, Virgil Caine said:

I thought that was how heavy metal songs had always been written.

Anyway the Bonn Scott version would have been better

With a few exceptions, "metal" is as tedious as "Rap".