DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

I'm not a fan. Due to timezone differences I often come to a thread several hours after it was started and want to reply to several posts. Those replies then get merged which makes it hard to figure out which part of the merged post subsequent replies are referring to. Is there any easy way to turn it off?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

I'm not a fan. Due to timezone differences I often come to a thread several hours after it was started and want to reply to several posts. Those replies then get merged which makes it hard to figure out which part of the merged post subsequent replies are referring to. Is there any easy way to turn it off?

It's a pain in the arse and can't be turned off - but you can defeat it.

After each reply, use your browser's "back" button to go back to the last thread you were on, then use the "forward" button to go back to the post you want to reply to another user on - and when you submit that reply, your posts won't be merged.

If you forget to do the above, and end up with a merged post, then edit the post and select and copy your second response - including any poster quoted -  then delete that selection and save the edited post.

Then do the back and forward trick, go to the box at the bottom of the page and paste your copied text from the merged post and submit that post.

Play around with it a bit, you'll sharp get the hang of it...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

:Old:

Actually I think you can change the post merging interval, you cannot disable it entirely. It's set to 5 minutes now IIRC. I can increase it... But to what? 10 minutes?

999 minutes would disable it I suppose. I didn't know anyone had gripes with it.

18 hours ago, spunko said:

:Old:

Actually I think you can change the post merging interval, you cannot disable it entirely. It's set to 5 minutes now IIRC. I can increase it... But to what? 10 minutes?

999 minutes would disable it I suppose. I didn't know anyone had gripes with it.

It is annoying - but shouldn't you reduce the time interval - to maybe 1 minute?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...