• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
maynardgravy

Listen up you ugly tossbag, scroat-necked retards - I apologise

He was fucking ugly though, seems to have grown into his face a bit.

Still he's got the decency to hide it behind a beard.

Now Peter Beardsley, he was repugnent. Can't remember too many kids with a Quasimodo shirt.

Poof. If it bothered him that much, he had enough money to do something about it.

Wasn't Rooney known as Shrek? (with some justification, he was and still is butt-ugly IMO).

OK he could have done better if he'd chosen fitness over being a boozing granny-shagger, but he did alright.

As the OP said, the abuse handed out all round at school in the 70s/80s was such that you simply had to toughen up.

9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I note that there are no early pictures in the article.  Um, what a fine looking lad. The beard was a good idea.

luke-chadwick-football-players-soccer-ph

Ian Dowie got far more stick than Chadwick and laughed it off.

Iain-Dowie.jpg

I remember Matt Le Tissier saying the reason he didn't score more goals was the thought of being kissed by Iain Dowie in the celebration.

8 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Education has become feminised.   Any normal boyish behaviour needs suppressing with Ritalin.

It's going to make it that much worse in the real world when you come up against the exact same thing but without the controlled environment of a school around you and no teacher to which to turn.

Depending upon your personality you will either not leave your flat for weeks or attack the person offending you with a weapon.

It's really best to get the rough edges knocked off you when you're at school.  I knew somebody through work called Mickey Rooney and had he introduced himself with a smile as "Mickey Rooney, and yes I've heard them all" instead he used to just say Mickey Rooney and get ridiculously wound up when anyone made a quip.

Posted (edited)

I remember the headmaster of the other comprehensive nearby, genuinely the other side of the train tracks, receiving a dogs head in a bag with a note saying "this is what is happening to your pupils on Friday".

Even the local shop was boarded up on the day and my primary school shut at 12:00. Police were rounding up teenage lads wandering around armed with golf clubs and cricket bats. Dad went to work, but mum had the shotgun loaded, just in case.

Edit** I eventually went to the other comprehensive that sent the dogs head.

Edited by MrLibertyRedux
Addition

2 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

I remember the headmaster of the other comprehensive nearby, genuinely the other side of the train tracks, receiving a dogs head in a bag with a note saying "this is what is happening to your pupils on Friday".

Even the local shop was boarded up on the day and my primary school shut at 12:00. Police were rounding up teenage lads wandering around armed with golf clubs and cricket bats. Dad went to work, but mum had the shotgun loaded, just in case.

xD That's a bit extreme, maybe even snowflakeland is preferable to that!

5 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Edit** I eventually went to the comprehensive that sent the dogs head.

Where did you go to school? Govan?

2 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

xD That's a bit extreme, maybe even snowflakeland is preferable to that!

One has to wonder how one of today's "Executive Heads" would react.

The joys of school during the miners strikes.

1 minute ago, maynardgravy said:

Where did you go to school? Govan?

Derbyshire mining town, this was a pit village on the outskirts.

2 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

One has to wonder how one of today's "Executive Heads" would react.

The joys of school during the miners strikes.

Derbyshire mining town, this was a pit village on the outskirts.

'Brassed Off' shouldv'e been renamed 'Hacked Off'.

I remember the joke about Chadwick's face coming with free garlic bread.

1 hour ago, maynardgravy said:

Nigel Spink was hounded by opposing fans as 'Lurch'

image.png.d2aeb56e2e6220b08fd683ea24c99ce4.png

What about Ian Ormondroyd, who mixed a stupid name and unfortunate facial features with being stick thin and 6' 5" tall?

OrmondroydOTDMain.ashx?mh=720&mw=1280&ha

4 minutes ago, eight said:

What about Ian Ormondroyd, who mixed a stupid name and unfortunate facial features with being stick thin and 6' 5" tall?

Ah yes - well remembered. 'Sticks' was his chant.

Never mind the bollocks, here comes Peter Beardsley xD

pb.png.30d886a5cf09897fc950b3b72678da0e.png

1 hour ago, Wahoo said:

But the BBC is constantly going on about Orange man

I never read the BBC so I had to remind myself about the 'orange men' courtesy of the urban dictionary o.OxD

'inbred bigoted fat bowler hat wearing protestant bastards who beat their wives and childern. these cunts claim to be 'holy' and 'pious' when trutly they are no better than the KKK. these inbreds also love to insult and annoy the good catholic people in the occupied six counties of the north of ireland with their annual marching through catholic areas. they cling to a distant memory of the battle of the boyne where the protestant william of orange defeated the good catholic king james in 1690. grow up lads its 2006.'

Posted (edited)

I'm gonna go against the popular opinion here.

The idea of repeatidly being called an ugly cunt on a national level which is what was happening to this chap when he was little more than a kid does seem a bit fucking rough.

Fair enough you shouldn't lie to someone who's ugly and tell them they're attractive, that's just patronizing, but they shouldn't have to be repeatidly insulted about it. Perhaps the assumption here was that because this was a (presumably rich) footballer in the public eye he should just be able to take it, which some will be able to (I don't think Rooney lost any sleep over being called Shrek) but some will not.

I knew a bloke a few years back who fair enough was on a downward spiral for quite some time, and wasn't in a good place mentally, and some cunt he'd never met before in a bar loudly mocked something about his looks that he was a bit sensitive about to get a laugh out of the room, and the guy reacted really badly to it, led to a big argument with him falling out with a bunch of friends that night, leaving him socially isolated, and they never saw him again because he shut himself away from the world for about a year and then killed himself.

So yeah, it's rough enough if someone's been dealt a bad hand genetically, and the world will treat them differently anyway, without them being insulted about it repeatidly.

Now the good news is, this footballer fellow looks much better a bit older, with a bit more weight on him and the shaved head/beard combo. And once you get past a certain age you care less about this kinda stuff cause most of your peers have gotten old and ugly too :D

Edited by JoeDavola

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

the controlled environment of a school around you and no teacher to which to turn

You're surely joking. I think you mean the dangerously uncontrolled environment and teachers who are themselves a large part of the problem.

I was "clever for my age" and therefore moved up a year at school. Huge mistake which they don't do anymore as it meant I was smaller and weaker than my peers. I was simultaneously unlucky enough to be visibly very poor (clothes etc.) and what with one thing and another I was hugely bullied both by the other kids and by the teachers. My life was a misery for years.

50 years on I can see that there were hidden advantages in this, the main one being that I developed a rabid hatred fear and resistance to any kind of authority which has been instrumental in my not (I hope) becoming the sheeple which I may well otherwise have been.  But let's not label me and others as snowflakes who should have cowboyed up and taken it on the chin.

@JoeDavola it's footy mate, extremely TRIBAL ......you'll never get rid of tribalism, it's human nature......I remember having a convo with the ex years ago about it, she's very intelligent but just didn't get it

This is why you'll never get rid of racism from footy either

Now grow some balls or I'll see you down the market square for a punch up....how does Friday at 12 sound? :P

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

@JoeDavola it's footy mate, extremely TRIBAL ......you'll never get rid of tribalism, it's human nature......I remember having a convo with the ex years ago about it, she's very intelligent but just didn't get it

This is why you'll never get rid of racism from footy either

Now grow some balls or I'll see you down the market square for a punch up....how does Friday at 12 sound? :P

Fair enough if you think it's human nature to both be racist and to be as horrible as possible to those who we find physically repulsive, but there's also the option to....ya know....shut the fuck up. Even if you're thinking it, you could shut the fuck up because why make the other person feel bad.

If you had say a son who had big buck teeth like that footballer, and he came back from home from school a wreck say because the other kids and the PE teacher (cause PE teachers are often cunts) had been repeatdly hurling abuse at him making him the joke of the class about it, would you think it was hilarious and tell hime "well it's your own fault for being so fucking ugly, son....", and tell him that finding a way to cope with such abuse is the price he'll pay for looking like that, or would you maybe feel a bit of empathy for him?

Edited by JoeDavola

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, eight said:

I remember the joke about Chadwick's face coming with free garlic bread.

OrmondroydOTDMain.ashx?mh=720&mw=1280&ha

He's well thought of in these parts (as is Kevin Francis, who always lost headers to strike partner Rodney Rowe). 

0_kev4.jpg

Edited by The Generation Game