Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Missing Person - Duncan Selbie


Recommended Posts

https://www.gov.uk/government/people/duncan-selbie#biography

s465_Duncan-Selbie-RESTRICTED.jpg

Last seen ~February 2020.

Police have checked his bank account and can see large amounts of money being drawn.

Duncan's colleagues and Boris are concerned for his safety as, despite being paid shedloads, the useless NHS dosser has failed to do anything.

https://www.economist.com/britain/2020/05/16/the-pandemic-has-exposed-flaws-in-public-health-england

 

On march 25th Sharon Peacock, a director at Public Health England (phe), appeared in front of a House of Commons committee. At the time, her agency was doing just 7,000 tests a day. Why, the chair of the committee, Greg Clark, wondered, were phe concentrating testing in their own and nhs laboratories? Why hadn’t they brought private-sector laboratories into the system, as in South Korea? Ms Peacock paused. “That’s a good question,” she said. A written explanation was promised.

 

Glimpses into phe suggest a startling failure to get on top of the problem. In her evidence to the science committee, Ms Peacock said personal tests would be available within days from Amazon and Boots. Seven weeks later, they are still not. Britain is now testing 60,000 or so people a day, but numbers jumped only after the Office for Life Sciences, a smaller, more agile body, got involved, expanding the testing network to include three big laboratories involving universities and the private sector.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, spygirl said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/people/duncan-selbie#biography

s465_Duncan-Selbie-RESTRICTED.jpg

Last seen ~February 2020.

Police have checked his bank account and can see large amounts of money being drawn.

Duncan's colleagues and Boris are concerned for his safety as, despite being paid shedloads, the useless NHS dosser has failed to do anything.

https://www.economist.com/britain/2020/05/16/the-pandemic-has-exposed-flaws-in-public-health-england

 

On march 25th Sharon Peacock, a director at Public Health England (phe), appeared in front of a House of Commons committee. At the time, her agency was doing just 7,000 tests a day. Why, the chair of the committee, Greg Clark, wondered, were phe concentrating testing in their own and nhs laboratories? Why hadn’t they brought private-sector laboratories into the system, as in South Korea? Ms Peacock paused. “That’s a good question,” she said. A written explanation was promised.

 

Glimpses into phe suggest a startling failure to get on top of the problem. In her evidence to the science committee, Ms Peacock said personal tests would be available within days from Amazon and Boots. Seven weeks later, they are still not. Britain is now testing 60,000 or so people a day, but numbers jumped only after the Office for Life Sciences, a smaller, more agile body, got involved, expanding the testing network to include three big laboratories involving universities and the private sector.

 

 

It’s quite interesting that when these public bodies are needed to swing into action, they are found wanting. Anyone with any experience of modern management methods could have seen this coming. 
 

exactly how much do we pay these incompetent tossers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, One percent said:

It’s quite interesting that when these public bodies are needed to swing into action, they are found wanting. Anyone with any experience of modern management methods could have seen this coming. 
 

exactly how much do we pay these incompetent tossers?

 

Prince 2 and PowerPoint.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

They get a lot of money round here. Women of a certain age. Presumably it's a reward job for having not rocked any boats or come up with any good ideas.

Like those 'outreach and diversity co-ordinators' and 'head of change management' jobs that are common in local councils, presumably.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

26767036-8333513-Boris_Johnson_sits_at_t

Too many orgs,, too many chains of command, noone in charge.

Should have been sorted out in February.

 

Having too nay people esp. public sector, is worse than having too few.

 

 

cosford is the one where I've had to check the colour of the sky after he said it was blue

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, spygirl said:

26767036-8333513-Boris_Johnson_sits_at_t

Too many orgs,, too many chains of command, noone in charge.

Should have been sorted out in February.

 

Having too nay people esp. public sector, is worse than having too few.

 

 

Notice the absence of Local Authorities, responsible for care homes, on the org chart. PHE was responsible for the health aspects of that. PHE is also above both the NHS and the LAs in that regard. The org chart is a big over-simplification, like the tube map.

PHE has fucked up big time. It's the obvious scapegoat for politicians, yet they cannot ignore the fact that PHE is a political organisation, created by politicians because devolution, an agency of the Health department. Cushty place to stick a few mates until retirement, not so great for leading a national health emergency. 

Why do we even need PHE? Why isn't it just NHS England? 

Because social care, and bringing care home off balance sheet liabilities into the NHS would highlight the parlous state of UK finances, which is why no politician has dared to do what should have been done.

The UK's clusterfuck response has very little to do with the NHS, it's nearly all down to politicians - and a unique combination of:

* needing to react fast to the advance evidence from China & Italy

* trying to do so with their own unworkable labyrinthine creations.

Remember this (11th Feb)? https://www.hsj.co.uk/finance-and-efficiency/trusts-told-not-to-stockpile-amid-coronavirus-supply-fears/7026901.article

Quote

The Department of Health and Social Care has told trusts not to stockpile products, amid growing concern over the impact of novel coronavirus on medical supplies.

edit: plus, it's ironic that Dominic Cummings has been banging on about fast government reaction to data in his blogs, yet testing (for that data) is only just becoming available - more than three months after the Department of Health was telling NHS trusts not to stockpile PPE. To be fair to them, BoDom DomBo haven't had time to reform yet - they have impetus to do so now!

DomBo.jpg.a33d994c6e5fad9fd9d8cc4f9cf18faa.jpg

Edited by Heffalump
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

https://order-order.com/2020/07/20/public-health-england-chief-on-his-postage-stamp-public-health-credentials/

After a litany of failures by Public Health England throughout the Coronavirus pandemic, attention must turn to the unaccountable leadership of Duncan Selbie. When taking up the Chief Executive role upon the busybody quango’s founding in 2013, Guido’s archive digging has discovered that Selbie himself professed “you can fit my public health credentials on a postage stamp, but this is what I want to do for the next number of years because it matters so much.” Another stellar appointment by the UK’s ‘world-renowned’ civil service…

The 2013 article in the Lancet observes “Selbie’s career has been remarkable considering he has no medical or substantial academic qualifications”, with the newly-appointed Chief Executive claiming that because he was “not a public health professional… “I need to listen. That is the strength I uniquely bring”. Over the last few months, Selby’s great listening ability has led to:

  • PHE being placed under urgent review after a “staggering fiasco” in counting Covid deaths
  • Responsibility for failing to ramp up testing capacity sufficiently enough
  • Devoteding time during Coronavirus to pushing for interventionist 20% sugar reductions

What is it about appointing clueless Civil Service generalists to critical specialist roles? Incidentally, why does Matthew Gould still have a job at NHSX?

The Financial Times reports that PHE will be “toast” when the pandemic is over. Perhaps its future would be less uncertain had they appointed a CEO with an ounce of public health experience seven years ago…

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...