Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Recommended Posts

As we are now living in the End of Days, I've decided I need to work through some legacy issues (we've all got 'em).

One important one that springs to mind is Tequila. We had a house party in my early 20's and drank mucho mucho tequila (we were poor so it would have been bargain basement stuff). During the night and into the morning I hurled so much I thought a lung would come up. Not touched the stuff since.

Anyway, I'm a sophisticated boozer these days so I've gone large and bought a bottle of Mexico's finest. The kind Fedex man has just delivered it.

Will report back this evening. Ther may be speling mishtakes.

Quote

IMG_0594.thumb.JPG.369e3481a9aac488d0901db720cee936.JPG

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That looks nice, but it's not the sort of shite stuff that you consume mutiple shots in succession, is it?

Aaaaahhhh Te - fuckin quila. Those were the nights of madness (Early/mid 90's Manchester -  1quid shots with salt/lemon)  waking up in the morning with no wallet, no clothes & a tranny next to you in bed:)

Haha them the dayz :ph34r:

Edited by mattydread
cos i is tick init
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mattydread said:

That looks nice, but it's not the sort of shite stuff that you consume mutiple shots in succession, is it?

Absolutely not. I'll be using a crystal tumbler. Mrs S has the same legacy issue to work through and will be joining me on our quest to enlightenment.

I've just sent the same photo to my daughter and she's texted straight back with a photo an empty bottle of tequila with a little sombrero on top. She has much to learn.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mattydread said:

That looks nice, but it's not the sort of shite stuff that you consume mutiple shots in succession, is it?

Aaaaahhhh Te - fuckin quila. Those were the nights of madness (Early/mid 90's Manchester -  1quid shots with salt/lemon)  waking up in the morning with no wallet, no clothes & a tranny next to you in bed:)

Haha them the dayz :ph34r:

I was doing exactly the same in Manchester in that era - though I don't recall any trannies - perhaps that was just the power of the tequila...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Knickerless Turgid said:

I was doing exactly the same in Manchester in that era - though I don't recall any trannies - perhaps that was just the power of the tequila...

Never underestimate the power of Trannies.. or Tequila. 

Did you hear about the why the Mexican threw a tranny off a cliff?:D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In Mexico it's not that common for people to drink it straight..    usually people drink it with lemonade which goes quite a long way to mask the taste.

Here's the authentic way (and also a recipe for properly nice Mexican lemonade):

Get a blender:

Juice about 5 or 6 limes

Put juice into the blender and add white sugar until you've got just a bit less sugar than juice.

Add a bit of water and whirl it up until most of the sugar has dissolved. 

Now chuck in a tonne of ice (few mint leaves optional) and give it a quick whirl again.  

Add sugar and water to taste.  Personally I like it quite sweet and strong  (it'll dilute as the ice dissolves anyway).

 

It's superb on its own..  but add Tequila blanco to it in any moderate quantity and you'll barely know it's there.   Very dangerous on a hot day !

Edited by Libspero
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

As we are now living in the End of Days, I've decided I need to work through some legacy issues (we've all got 'em).

One important one that springs to mind is Tequila. We had a house party in my early 20's and drank mucho mucho tequila (we were poor so it would have been bargain basement stuff). During the night and into the morning I hurled so much I thought a lung would come up. Not touched the stuff since.

Anyway, I'm a sophisticated boozer these days so I've gone large and bought a bottle of Mexico's finest. The kind Fedex man has just delivered it.

Will report back this evening. Ther may be speling mishtakes.

 

Christ remember drinking a bottle of cheap stuff with a friend in Reno the night before setting off for Burning Man. Fuck me I almost missed my ride into the desert. Christ.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is some personal preference here,  but I always use Tequila blano for mixed drinks..  it's not as smooth as tequila reposado for sipping,  but it doesn't add colour to your drink.

Reposado (briefly oak aged) is my favourite for sipping straight.

Añejo is aged longer and is meant to be the best..   but personally I prefer reposado. I don't find the aging does much for tequila.

 

Also,  as most probably know,  tequila is only tequila if it comes from the town of Tequila near Guadalajara.   Traditional tequila doesn't have a worm.  Anything from outside Tequila is called Mezcal.  You can sometimes find this with a worm in,  but it is really only marketed to tourists.

Many Mezcals are just as good,  or even better than tequilas.  And they're usually cheaper.

 

 

Edited by Libspero
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I'd be interested in the outcome from a decent one as whenever I've drunk it Tequila has been a punishment drink rather than a pleasure.

Aftershock seems to fulfill a similar role these days.

You will have a report from me around 6pm. That is a promise.

I have been reliably informed that it should be drunk neat and at room temperature (bit like a good single malt*)

* I do like a small splash of water in my single malt though. The kind fedex man also delivered a bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail. My current favourite....but that's for another thread one day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit late with my report but then I am rubbish with timed promises.

Really enjoyed it. Absolutely nothing like my trace memory from 1990!

Drank it neat and at room temperature. Quite smooth without a harsh aftertaste. Quite a distinct toffee/caramel/butter taste on the palate. 

To keep on the Mexico theme we followed up with a bottle of Corona :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't touch vodka for the same reasons. Or so I thought until I tried a decent, premium  vodka. World's apart from that cheap shite, a decent vodka barely has any taste. 

Anyone know if tequila is the same? I've never really drank much of the stuff besides in shots etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/05/2020 at 16:07, Libspero said:

This is some personal preference here,  but I always use Tequila blano for mixed drinks..  it's not as smooth as tequila reposado for sipping,  but it doesn't add colour to your drink.

Reposado (briefly oak aged) is my favourite for sipping straight.

Añejo is aged longer and is meant to be the best..   but personally I prefer reposado. I don't find the aging does much for tequila.

 

Also,  as most probably know,  tequila is only tequila if it comes from the town of Tequila near Guadalajara.   Traditional tequila doesn't have a worm.  Anything from outside Tequila is called Mezcal.  You can sometimes find this with a worm in,  but it is really only marketed to tourists.

Many Mezcals are just as good,  or even better than tequilas.  And they're usually cheaper.

 

 

My parents brought me back a bottle of Mezcal (including worms) when they visited Juarez. Really cheap shit that the taxi driver warned them against. They only bought it for the worms (supposedly a sign of purity - you don't want one with bits of worm). 

It was such good quality that it came with its own little 'coin purse', attached to the neck with an elastic band. Rather than containing salt, this appeared to contain leftovers from the local chain gang's exploits (it was like gravel). 

I managed one slammer and decided that was enough. I left the bottle with my friend Dan, who finished the whole thing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

My parents brought me back a bottle of Mezcal (including worms) when they visited Juarez. Really cheap shit that the taxi driver warned them against.

They are braver than me :ph34r:

 

 

After the homicide rates escalated to the point of making Ciudad Juárez the most violent city in the world, violent crime began to decline in the early 2010s. In 2012, homicides were at their lowest rate since 2007 when drug violence flared between the Sinaloa and Juárez Cartel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...