DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Australia

Snark

12 minutes ago, Reck B said:

TFH time.

What if these prison camps are actually for sum-won else?

It's fucking bizarre.

It looks like they ran a simulation of WWIII and China won. So they have surrendered and are turning the whole world into China.

They (the politicians) could be building their own prisons, but we won't be putting them in there.

• Agree 5

Just now, XswampyX said:

It's fucking bizarre.

It looks like they ran a simulation of WWIII and China won. 

I reckon their future prediction techniques are beyond anything we could imagine. Maybe there are multiple future paths and only this nonsense throws China off guard enough to stop them winning. 6-D chess... :ph34r:

22 minutes ago, Reck B said:

TFH time.

What if these prison camps are actually for sum-won else?

The gvt would have plans for mass internment of chinese citizens in case of war.  I've heard same from ex-army contacts for a while.

Those camps will be used for returning australians (quarantine) and then for other australians who the government says are infected and can't stay in their home (for example, in a tower block).  They already did this in Adelaide - forced people to move to gvt run hotels for two weeks.  I think it's disgusting and destroys the idea this is about health.

Another reason not to be in the cities or in high density centres.  Try doing that to someone on an 80 acre block in the bush.

If the plan is to use them on all non vaxxed, or another group (such as political opponents), then you would have a civil war.   

In any case, if it's going that way - full on 1984 - Australia is so fucked we will be warring in the streets at some point.  People riot here if the KFC is shut.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 5

Bien Pensant

As I see it, there are three potential reasons for all this:

1) The Australian government suffers from acute hypochondria (I think there is some evidence for this in the zealousness of the 'bio-security' regime at customs).

2) The CCP are using compromised regional politicians to destabilize the whole country.

3) Because Australia (and New Zealand) have been essentially cut off from the World, officially at least, throughout this thing they are worried that if most people aren't vaccinated and huge numbers of them fail to drop dead when they do reopen the borders it will be obvious that it was a con.

• Agree 4
  • Cheers 1

I'm starting to wonder if the severity of a covid response is, amongst other things, related to a country's degree of political corruption.

Edited by Harley
  • Agree 3

The Generation Game
38 minutes ago, Harley said:

I'm starting to wonder if the severity of a covid response is, amongst other things, related to a country's degree of political corruption.

So Africa is mostly free from corruption?

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

9 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

I remember a suggestion somewhere here a while back that pro-vax handouts may have been small change for some more corrupt leaders, and so they may have resisted the pressure more than others (until they were killed). 

Also, third World countries may have corruption at all levels, top to bottom. You may be able to bribe your way into a fake vaccine certificate for example. 

Advanced economics seem to have their corruption concentrated at the top. Big money does the lobbying; state powers at lower levels follow orders; ordinary citizens are fucked and they can't buy their way out of it. 

• Agree 7
  • Informative 2

58 minutes ago, Harley said:

The countries going most full on mental authoritarian are UK/US/AUS/CAN/EU. I think that tells us something...

• Agree 1

Long time lurking
7 hours ago, Bien Pensant said:

As I see it, there are three potential reasons for all this:

1) The Australian government suffers from acute hypochondria (I think there is some evidence for this in the zealousness of the 'bio-security' regime at customs).

2) The CCP are using compromised regional politicians to destabilize the whole country.

3) Because Australia (and New Zealand) have been essentially cut off from the World, officially at least, throughout this thing they are worried that if most people aren't vaccinated and huge numbers of them fail to drop dead when they do reopen the borders it will be obvious that it was a con.

3 it can`t be seen to fail now they all bet the house on a three legged donkey every Politian that supported this are fighting for there careers

#TheGreatIfluenzanComeBack 

• Agree 2

Long time lurking
30 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

They are just in the wrong gang ,they can`t be trusted to tow the line and not just fuck off with all the spondoolies 

• Agree 1

Yadda yadda yadda
1 hour ago, Harley said:

Wider than purely political. Although you could call this nitpicking. Institutional. Bodies such as the FDA, MHRA, EMA and their equivalents on licencing. Equally importantly on post approval follow up. Why has there been no research into the side effects from vaccines reported to the various databases? The reach of the Wellcome Trust, The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation and Fauci in commissioning research. In Australia even the construction union turning against their members.

Contrast this with the relatively light touch seen in Sweden and wider Scandinavia.

Corruption is clearly a part of the problem but it is very far reaching. The information flows into Government are corrupted as well as Government itself.

Good point you made as it helps clarify thoughts.

• Agree 1

Yadda yadda yadda
1 hour ago, The Generation Game said:

They have limited organisational abilities. Some countries don't have rudimental control on their regions. South Africa went full retard to the point of sustained riots. I heard Nigeria started to ramp up the restrictions and they've got much bigger problems from any rational viewpoint.

Over in the Carribbean some of the islands locked down over single cases. I spoke to someone in the week who said Trinidad was tyrannical now.

South America has a lot of repression, which isn't uncharacteristic! The Brazilian President has been fined for breaking local laws and was prevented from attending a football match in Sao Paulo State without a vaccine passport. That does show the advantages of a federal system as well as the disadvantages of being in Sao Paulo currently. Different laws across the country both show the effects of local corruption and shine a light on alternative methods.

Overall most people in the UK don't give a shit about countries that aren't either near neighbours or that don't speak English. So we don't tend to hear about them.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Stunley Andwin said:

My goodness look at this, these people are absolutely beyond satire.

If you are fully vaccinated against Covid the next step to improve your immunity may be to actually catch the virus. #COVID19Aus

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/dont-freak-out-catching-covid-after-you-are-vaccinated-improves-immunity/news-story/a65e560935dc5f4a271e9bcba226478e

This is a real twitter account from a real newspaper.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/

This is unfathomable stupidity on at least three different levels. It is a kind of quantum stupidity, stupidity so stupid that it takes several seconds to realise just how stupid it is. The multiple levels of stupidity interact with each other to create a stupidity hyperloop.

Tokyo Olympics gold medallist swimmer Madison Wilson is living proof of how vaccination can protect a person even if they catch the infection.

The 27 year old was hospitalised for four days with Covid on September 19, but went on win a Gold medal in the 200 metre freestyle event at the FINA championships on October 3.

Ms Wilson said she “truly believed” the vaccine had minimised her symptoms.

“I want to continue to encourage people to get vaccinated, I did end up in hospital but that is as a precaution because I do have underlying chest and lung issues,” she said.

I don't care if she won a swimming Gold. SHE IS A FUCKING RETARD !!!

• Agree 2

As a gold medalist swimmer, her underlying chest condition can’t be that serious.

Is it just that she’s got small tits?

• Lol 2

37 minutes ago, Reck B said:

As a gold medalist swimmer, her underlying chest condition can’t be that serious.

Even says she was in hospital as a precaution. Really ? 4 fucking days just as a precaution. 9_9

As for the condition it will be asthma like many otherwise perfectly healthy athletes who have had little issue with the mythical illness.

• Agree 1

The Generation Game
1 hour ago, Reck B said:

Underlying would suggest subcutaneous so you may be right. 

41 minutes ago, ccc said:

Even says she was in hospital as a precaution. Really ? 4 fucking days just as a precaution. 9_9

As for the condition it will be asthma like many otherwise perfectly healthy athletes who have had little issue with the mythical illness.

So Covid boosters will become a back door for dodgy (dodgier) TUPEs?

Roger_Mellie
11 hours ago, LC1 said:

The countries going most full on mental authoritarian are UK/US/AUS/CAN/EU. I think that tells us something...

Confirmation bias. 

I'll raise you China, France, Italy, Lithuania and Slovenia. All waaaay more draconian than the UK. Although to be fair Aus has lost its shit. 

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, ccc said:

I always find it funny when I see international rugby stars having a quick asthma hit in the breaks.  It shows that the illness (which I have mildly) is real, but can be very safely lived with if you eat well, exercise well, and watch your body.

• Agree 2

Syd Germs
32 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Confirmation bias. 

I'll raise you China, France, Italy, Lithuania and Slovenia. All waaaay more draconian than the UK. Although to be fair Aus has lost its shit. 

Plus the Germanic countries. Can't even get a haircut unless vaxxed or tested. Only the dirty unvaxxed have to wear masks in shops. Lose your benefits if you refuse a job cos you need to be vaxxed. Way worse than the UK.

Edited by Syd Germs
  • Agree 4
  • Informative 2

Roger_Mellie
Just now, Syd Germs said:

Plus the Germanic countries. Can't even get a haircut unless vaxxed or tested.

Out of all countries globally the UK has probably had one of the most balanced approaches. I was convinced (along with many on here) that the unlocking in July was going to be temporary and as soon as we hit October the fear mongering would crank up, mandatory masking would come back and we'd be back in lockdown. It doesn't look to be going that way so I need to hold my hands up. 

Boris hasn't done too bad a job, it could have been a lot worse. I'd have flipped under Australian conditions. 

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Out of all countries globally the UK has probably had one of the most balanced approaches. I was convinced (along with many on here) that the unlocking in July was going to be temporary and as soon as we hit October the fear mongering would crank up, mandatory masking would come back and we'd be back in lockdown. It doesn't look to be going that way so I need to hold my hands up. 

Boris hasn't done too bad a job, it could have been a lot worse. I'd have flipped under Australian conditions. 

Agreed. It's still rather fucking depressing that we can be vaguely "celebrating" because the shite we have to put up with is slightly less shite than elsewhere 

• Agree 5
  • Lol 1

The Masked Tulip
11 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I think it is only because of population size and density. Things kicking off in one city would quickly spread. There are not enough police and military to stop 65 million people. The places where they have got away with most are parts of the UK such as Wales. You can make your own mind up as to why this is so. 

• Agree 4