DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Australia

Snark

Bien Pensant
Just now, Sugarlips said:

My wife and I have/are making contingencies. All the kids now have their Uk passports for example.

The subject has been occupying our minds for several months. We are monitoring the Austria/Germany situation to see where things go next. It’s possible we are closer to the end game here than the rest of the western world.

We will go where we are treated best but it’s not yet clear, if we leave that we won’t be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

Most concerned about the isolation here both geographically and the obtaining permission to leave, all we can realistically do is take things a day at a time. Last thing I want to do is uproot the family for no real benefit as we’ve worked very hard to ensure our set up here is excellent.

It's a really tricky situation, as you say it could be a case of 'tomorrow the world'. All anyone outside can really say is 'good luck' but it's good to know that you have options/plans.

• Agree 2

Long time lurking
5 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Unreal conversations.

This thread is the one i'm always the most reluctant to click on.

Just fucking horrendous.

Then at the other end of the spectrum you have this and it`s this that makes me think it`s more about  incompetence and greed rather that world wide conspiracy 

Edited by Long time lurking
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 3

King Penda
18 minutes ago, Sugarlips said:

My wife and I have/are making contingencies. All the kids now have their Uk passports for example.

The subject has been occupying our minds for several months. We are monitoring the Austria/Germany situation to see where things go next. It’s possible we are closer to the end game here than the rest of the western world.

We will go where we are treated best but it’s not yet clear, if we leave that we won’t be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

Most concerned about the isolation here both geographically and the obtaining permission to leave, all we can realistically do is take things a day at a time. Last thing I want to do is uproot the family for no real benefit as we’ve worked very hard to ensure our set up here is excellent.

I’d just have the jab if I was you I will if it suits my agenda I’m still looking for a way out but I suspect multiple attempts at geting out of it will be flagged

57 minutes ago, Bien Pensant said:

Serious question @wherebee and @Sugarlips, do you think it's time to come home yet?

Not possible.  You can't leave unless fully vacccinated (none of the airlines take you).  I have considered buying a boat and sailing, but that's a hell of a risk in itself.

I am encouraged by the public demonstrations arising.  Every week they double - 10,000, 20,000, 50,000, 100,000, 200,000 last week in Melbourne.  Could be half a million this week in melbourne.  Weather is looking good.

I expect Dan to unleash the riot police on children and women at one of these.  Then we'll really see it kick off.   

I don't think Australia is beyond saving yet.  My contacts in police and army say there is a lot of unrest - a hell of a lot - in the rank and file.  These things suddenly shift.

So not yet for us (plus my wife has no right to the UK).  If Australia does go full on 1984, then the UK is getting there as well at some point, and I'd rather be here than there with your population density and lack of natural resources.

• Agree 5
  • Informative 4
  • Cheers 2

98% of the ACT (think Washington - it's where all the pollies are) adults are double vaxxed.

If the vaccines are as dangerous as we think, the damage to the political class will be immense.

Every cloud, etc.

• Agree 3
  • Lol 3
  • Cheers 2

Talking Monkey
6 hours ago, wherebee said:

98% of the ACT (think Washington - it's where all the pollies are) adults are double vaxxed.

If the vaccines are as dangerous as we think, the damage to the political class will be immense.

Every cloud, etc.

But could the bastards not have all had saline

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Talking Monkey said:

But could the bastards not have all had saline

Perhaps the Politicians might have -the 98% referred to are the plebs (Mostly public servants & Tradies)

Australia to shut border over ‘worrying’ Covid strain

PM Scott Morrison and heath officials are urgently meeting to develop a plan around the troubling new Covid variant, Omicron that has twice the mutations of Delta.

Story behind paywalls but ffs haven’t we suffered enough?

1 minute ago, Stuey said:

It's all too peaceful.

It has to be, Stuey.  The media has already labelled them far right and violent (despite no such violence).  Keep it peaceful, it keeps growing, families and children support, individuals feel empowered to speak up their concerns.

There is a time for violence, now is not it.  Dan Andrews is itching for a chance to send in the goons.  The longer this stays a mass event, the more his support erodes.  Plus, every week people will be talking about side effects they see.

I'm much more hopeful than a month ago.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 4
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wherebee said:

It has to be, Stuey.  The media has already labelled them far right and violent (despite no such violence).  Keep it peaceful, it keeps growing, families and children support, individuals feel empowered to speak up their concerns.

There is a time for violence, now is not it.  Dan Andrews is itching for a chance to send in the goons.  The longer this stays a mass event, the more his support erodes.  Plus, every week people will be talking about side effects they see.

I'm more hopeful than ever.

I'm openly talking about being anti vaxx in the gym and getting positive feedback. A good group of us there now.

The office is next. Subtly at first - "has any footballer collapsed last night" with a smirk. 

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Stuey said:

I'm more hopeful than ever.

I'm openly talking about being anti vaxx in the gym and getting positive feedback. A good group of us there now.

The office is next. Subtly at first - "has any footballer collapsed last night" with a smirk. 

"When did XXX collapse on the pitch?  Wednesday?  Oh, no, that was YYY.  It's craxy how many are collapsing with heart issues, eh?  Never seen it before this year."

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, wherebee said:

"When did XXX collapse on the pitch?  Wednesday?  Oh, no, that was YYY.  It's craxy how many are collapsing with heart issues, eh?  Never seen it before this year."

And when the soyboys and chunks and workshy managers are WFH it is so much easier...

Office atmosphere is very interesting at the moment.

Just now, wherebee said:

Until people start to riot these big demos won't make much difference - this has been proven now for over a year. 

I don't see any other way out now. Tyranny needs to be hit hard. Arab spring would not have been so with peaceful demos. 

• Agree 2