• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
Libspero

Apparently Daily Global CO2 Dropped 17% During Covid

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Really? Human contribution to planetary CO2 is tiny - 3% of the pie. Lockdown's hardly likely to see a 17% fall!

they said emissions reduced 17%, not the same as all CO2 production.

It does show how much the economy would need to contract to reduce emissions without alternative fuel.

Edited by snaga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the moronic language that gets me.  What exactly is it that these scientists are "fearing"?

That when car use returns to previous levels so will their emissions?

They shouldn't be "fearing" that this will happen; they should "know" that this will happen or are they are very rubbish scientists who fail to realise that repeating an identical action provides an identical result?

 

 

Climate change: Scientists fear car surge will see CO2 rebound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emissions may well be down 17%. What about the other 83%? And I think the implied suggestion is that all CO2 is man made, which it isn't. It's a perfectly natural part of the atmosphere anyway, unlike some emissions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrPin said:

Emissions may well be down 17%. What about the other 83%? And I think the implied suggestion is that all CO2 is man made, which it isn't. It's a perfectly natural part of the atmosphere anyway, unlike some emissions.

Methane is a biggie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrPin said:

Emissions may well be down 17%. What about the other 83%? And I think the implied suggestion is that all CO2 is man made, which it isn't. It's a perfectly natural part of the atmosphere anyway, unlike some emissions.

Indeed. My comment about chaos ..

Less flying

Less travel. Lea factory output. Etc and it's only 17% down.

Fuck it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Methane is a biggie

I'm sure I don't produce any more methane at a desk than I do at home, and commuting doesn't make methane. In fact if it did, it would be captured and sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Do you pronounce it Me-Thane, or Meth-Ane? For all the funding of climate science consensuses, the scientists don’t seem able to settle it.

From the Greek it would be meth-ane, but by the time it got to 'everyone else' it became mee-thane.

The Americans like to stick with the Greek pronunciation because they've all had a classical education.

We in the UK like to keep it complicated, using mee-thane for methane, but meth-anol for methanol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dgul said:

The Americans like to stick with the Greek pronunciation because they've all had a classical education.

Like their Frat Houses at Bunkum University, Montana?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Do you pronounce it Me-Thane, or Meth-Ane? For all the funding of climate science consensuses, the scientists don’t seem able to settle it.

In English vowels are often pronounced differently than in other languages

Aey instead of ah

Eee instead of eh

Iey instead of ih

Owe instead of oh

You instead of ou

Like saying the alphabet rather than making the sound.

Edited by Panther

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.