DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Bus accident enquiry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-52721726

Seems incredibly pleasant to the driver considering they concluded it was his fault. :S

We all make mistakes and this one caused him his life. At the same time it injured a number of people who were in his care.

I just find the summing up extremely strange. 

Sheriff Neilson said she wished to formally express the court service's condolences to Mr Chache's family.

She said: "Mr Chache was clearly a much valued and respected employee who was well liked by both his employers and passengers."

1 minute ago, ccc said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-52721726

Seems incredibly pleasant to the driver considering they concluded it was his fault. :S

We all make mistakes and this one caused him his life. At the same time it injured a number of people who were in his care.

I just find the summing up extremely strange. 

Sheriff Neilson said she wished to formally express the court service's condolences to Mr Chache's family.

She said: "Mr Chache was clearly a much valued and respected employee who was well liked by both his employers and passengers."

From the article 

Mr Chache, known by the nickname Smiler, lived in Inverness but was originally from Zanzibar.

would love to know how you would end up in Inverness if you originated from Zanzibar. o.O

16 minutes ago, One percent said:

From the article 

Mr Chache, known by the nickname Smiler, lived in Inverness but was originally from Zanzibar.

would love to know how you would end up in Inverness if you originated from Zanzibar. o.O

My first thought.

I'll not even bother looking up my options for a Zanzibar visa.

Now the thing is, all bus driving is logged - speed, etcetc.

Stagecoach are penny pinchers, so they prob have strict speed limits.

52mph is pretty much foot down in a bus. They really dont have much speed.

Bbc is a bit selective.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/bus-driver-in-fatal-accident-near-munlochy-was-travelling-at-excessive-speed-200219/

The speed limit on the road is 40mph, but most drivers cross the bridge at 20 – 30mph. Mr Chache was driving at 52mph.

During his break, the deceased was spoken to by the operations manager at Stagecoach about failing to pick up passengers on a previous run that day. He stated that he had been running late, and Mr Chache was asked to pay more attention next time.

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/news/fatal-accident-inquiry-hears-bus-driver-killed-in-black-isle-accident-was-driving-too-fast-193271/

K2XWFREM1FPUMS63BNGJ.jpg

Mr Chache (50) was thrown through the windscreen after his bus hit Littlemill Bridge on the B9161 near Munlochy on January 11 last year.

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

Now the thing is, all bus driving is logged - speed, etcetc.

Stagecoach are penny pinchers, so they prob have strict speed limits.

52mph is pretty much foot down in a bus. They really dont have much speed.

Bbc is a bit selective.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/bus-driver-in-fatal-accident-near-munlochy-was-travelling-at-excessive-speed-200219/

The speed limit on the road is 40mph, but most drivers cross the bridge at 20 – 30mph. Mr Chache was driving at 52mph.

During his break, the deceased was spoken to by the operations manager at Stagecoach about failing to pick up passengers on a previous run that day. He stated that he had been running late, and Mr Chache was asked to pay more attention next time.

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/news/fatal-accident-inquiry-hears-bus-driver-killed-in-black-isle-accident-was-driving-too-fast-193271/

K2XWFREM1FPUMS63BNGJ.jpg

Mr Chache (50) was thrown through the windscreen after his bus hit Littlemill Bridge on the B9161 near Munlochy on January 11 last year.

I'm shocked the BBC decided to leave that out. 9_9

Their entire article was framed as if he did nothing wrong. When clearly he did. 

2 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Some cultures have a different approach to H&S. I assume he wasn't wearing a seatbelt if he was thrown through the windscreen.

But why was he in the UK? Was there no Brit that wouldn't want a relatively secure job in one of the most scenic parts of the U.K.?

Dont be daft. Indigenous brits are way too lazy. So the establishment tell us. o.O

43 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

But why was he in the UK? Was there no Brit that wouldn't want a relatively secure job in one of the most scenic parts of the U.K.?

I can just about swallow the argument for unskilled immigration in the most densely populated parts of the UK I.e London and the south east.

But as you say, is there really a desperate need for unskilled/low skilled migrant workers in one of the least populated areas?

I'd love to up sticks and move to the Scottish highlands or west coast and a driving job would be pretty much my dream job once there, but I'm not convinced I'd be able to find any work at all.