DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

National Gravedigger Day

22 hours ago, Thombleached said:

Today is the day that the NHS can automatically pinch bits of your dead body and use as they see fit.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-20/new-organ-donor-law-gives-hope-to-patients-awaiting-life-saving-transplants/

Hope mine goes to a good home and not to the cat-food factory

That deserves a clap - oh, where have my hands gone? O.o

On 20/05/2020 at 12:24, Thombleached said:

Today is the day that the NHS can automatically pinch bits of your dead body and use as they see fit.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-20/new-organ-donor-law-gives-hope-to-patients-awaiting-life-saving-transplants/

Hope mine goes to a good home and not to the cat-food factory

They have had that right in Wales for several years.

I opted out as I have my doubts about how much medical staff might fight for your life if they are also eyeing up your organs. Not having any family to fight for me in such circumstances - and that is important when people are seriously ill in hospital - made the automatic organ donor thing a worry.

Would they even check that you have opted out? If you are dead and you have no family who is going to complain on your behalf? How would it benefit you when you are dead? It might just come down to a meeting and a "Mistakes were made... but onwards and upwards." tweet.

Don't get me wrong, I think organ donation is a wonderful thing. I just don't think they have put in enough safeguards from what I can see.