DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Double fighters of some sort flew over teesside twice last night. They're just practicing landing at airports while they are quiet :ph34r:

I suspect they are replenishing the emergency stocks tapped into over the last two months. I bet we find out we had two days' food left in late March, in years to come... 

44 minutes ago, spunko said:

What I want to know is who is flying. Where is the demand coming from, for a commercial flight from Shanghai to London? I can't see why anyone needs to travel at the moment by air.

Illegally employed black market cash in hand  workers (takeaway trade / counterfeit DVD's & Tobbacco etc) & various Triad gang members, 

Maybe a smattering of wealthy Chinese visiting London etc

52 minutes ago, spunko said:

What I want to know is who is flying. Where is the demand coming from, for a commercial flight from Shanghai to London? I can't see why anyone needs to travel at the moment by air.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8325045/Flying-height-madness-No-checks-illegal-BA-holidaymakers.html

BA arranging illegal holidays. Does the adjective add more exitement or bragging rights?

People who think there is any consistent reliable enforcement of silly rules even at a border where it's easy are bonkers. Not the UK way.

They make silly rules catch a few and make an obscene publicised enforcements and hope enough people live in fear. The UK way, applies to a lot of stuff and it's shit.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, spunko said:

I live in Southampton - there's been a different cruise ship docking each day with passengers (I have pictures).One time this week, I heard the tannoy on board telling people to social distance and cover your mouth if you cough, so these aren't empty ships.

There are also people flying to foreign places as people want travel vaccinations in tropical countries.

Edited by 201p
59 minutes ago, 201p said:

I live in Southampton - there's been a different cruise ship docking each day with passengers (I have pictures).One time this week, I heard the tannoy on board telling people to social distance and cover your mouth if you cough, so these aren't empty ships.

There are also people flying to foreign places as people want travel vaccinations in tropical countries.

As a species, we deserve what’s coming.

4 hours ago, spunko said:

Business goes on. It's probably freight. Masks maybe?

I went on a cargo plane once. It was a jumbo jet from Korea. Had about 20 business class seats, and the rest must have been full of washing machines. Those Koreans do make very good washing machines BTW.

14 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Business goes on. It's probably freight. Masks maybe?

I went on a cargo plane once. It was a jumbo jet from Korea. Had about 20 business class seats, and the rest must have been full of washing machines. Those Koreans do make very good washing machines BTW.

Did the stewardesses give you one?

5 hours ago, spunko said:

Airplanes often need to be moved around for servicing, refits, etc, and suitable parking facilities for the lockdown. All of EasyJet's fleet returned to the UK at the start of the lockdown, so if they know aspects of the lockdown will be lifted soon, they'll be getting the planes ready and sending them where they need to be.