• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

UK n Sweden vs the rest of Europe

Its not over til its over.

Or they develop a vaccine.

Britain has the highest number of deaths in Europe per capita from Covid-19 over the last seven days apart from lockdown-free Sweden, data reveals

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8336695/Britain-second-highest-number-deaths-Europe-capita-Covid-19-week.html

Between May 12 and May 19, in a rolling seven day average, Britain saw 5.75 deaths per million inhabitants. In Sweden the figure was 6.25 deaths per million. 

The United Kingdom's proximity to Sweden as compared with the United States (4.17), France (3.49), Italy (3.0), Spain (2.95) and Germany (0.81), is unsettling.

Sweden carried on as normal + more hygiene.

UK sort of locked down, in a half arsed way.

Rest of Europe locked themselves inside.

If no vaccine is forthcoming then Italy and Spain face no economy or another massive surge., and no economy.

2 minutes ago, Stuey said:

It's not the lockdown it's the care homes. 

Theres a bit of that..

And the number of non whites is a factor.

However ... Ive family in the bad areas of Spain n Italy.

Chatting, comparing My lockdown is worse than yours ..... Both Spain and N Italy basically nailed up the doors and have sat inside the last 2 months.

I was going to BIL - Oh off to get some food. And he goes- What? he cannot step foot outside without getting a fine.

23 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Theres a bit of that..

Chatting, comparing My lockdown is worse than yours ..... Both Spain and N Italy basically nailed up the doors and have sat inside the last 2 months.

I was going to BIL - Oh off to get some food. And he goes- What? he cannot step foot outside without getting a fine.

It's General Franco, I tell you.

45 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Its not over til its over.

Or they develop a vaccine.

Britain has the highest number of deaths in Europe per capita from Covid-19 over the last seven days apart from lockdown-free Sweden, data reveals

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8336695/Britain-second-highest-number-deaths-Europe-capita-Covid-19-week.html

Between May 12 and May 19, in a rolling seven day average, Britain saw 5.75 deaths per million inhabitants. In Sweden the figure was 6.25 deaths per million. 

The United Kingdom's proximity to Sweden as compared with the United States (4.17), France (3.49), Italy (3.0), Spain (2.95) and Germany (0.81), is unsettling.

Sweden carried on as normal + more hygiene.

UK sort of locked down, in a half arsed way.

Rest of Europe locked themselves inside.

If no vaccine is forthcoming then Italy and Spain face no economy or another massive surge., and no economy.

No they didn't. Germany has been way more relaxed than the UK from what I have experienced.  People have reduced their contacts but there are a significant number who have totally ignored social distancing and there are huge numbers out jogging, walking, cycling etc. as the gyms are all closed.  I have no idea why the figures are so low here but it has nothing to do with government measures.  Pubs, restaurants and schools are all starting to open again albeit with some restrictions in place.

39 minutes ago, Stuey said:

It's not the lockdown it's the care homes. 

Surely this is it. I doubt there is a country in the world keener to lock up its elderly than the UK.

Is there any data on numbers of care home inmates per million of population across countries? Apologies if this has already been posted, there is too much Wuflu information to wade through now.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Surely this is it. I doubt there is a country in the world keener to lock up its elderly than the UK.

Is there any data on numbers of care home inmates per million of population across countries? Apologies if this has already been posted, there is too much Wuflu information to wade through now.

It's a strange one to consider though. 

Is it that we treat them so well that they survive much past the age they wouldn't, with mass medicine. So when something beastly comes along we know nothing about... 

Or that we treat them so badly in times of crisis. 

I think a combination of the two is what has led to appalling death tolls in the areas it has. 

Edited by Stuey

31 minutes ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Somebody posted it in recent days. There was quite clear correlation IIRC.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sukuinage said:

No they didn't. Germany has been way more relaxed than the UK from what I have experienced.  People have reduced their contacts but there are a significant number who have totally ignored social distancing and there are huge numbers out jogging, walking, cycling etc. as the gyms are all closed.  I have no idea why the figures are so low here but it has nothing to do with government measures.  Pubs, restaurants and schools are all starting to open again albeit with some restrictions in place.

Germany only record a coronavirus death if it's the primary cause of death, UK record it even if it's the 7th cause on a long list. Comparing nation stats is pointless really.

Edited by snaga

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

Theres a bit of that..

I have a friend in the south of France. Its been harsher there than here also, as far as she is concerned.

13 hours ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

I have a friend in the south of France. Its been harsher there than here also, as far as she is concerned.

It was harsher, until the 11th May. We had to have a piece of paper on us to say why we were outside with a list of about 7 accepted reasons. I think more shops were open than in the UK.

Where we live there weren’t many cases and no deaths that I’m aware of. 

Climate is against the UK and Sweden too. You also have population density issue for the UK. London zero new cases as we run into a warm rain free period. I think if we had had Spain or Italy's climate we would have had far fewer deaths than them.

15 hours ago, snaga said:

Germany only record a coronavirus death if it's the primary cause of death, UK record it even if it's the 7th cause on a long list. Comparing nation stats is pointless really.

Agree, and this is only the beginning when trying to compare stats between countries...you then need to consider:-

1. Age dispersion within the population as the virus affects different age groups differently.

2. Population density and how many large conurbations there are in relation to this.

3. How the eldely (the main target group) are cared for I.e OAP homes or within the family.

4. How those dealing with at risk groups are monitored and/isolated.

5. Current policy on immigration+emigration.

6. Level of health care provision and general health of the nation.

7. Climatic variables.

8. General education of population regarding health/hygiene.

...with this few variables the ability to produce comparable statistics is severely limited, and this is only the beginning.

As a result I have given up listening to the daily statistics toll as its complete meaningless...what isn't thought is the financial, civil, social and health related impacts the whole lockdown approach will have on future populations.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MrXxxx said:

Agree, and this is only the beginning when trying to compare stats between countries...you then need to consider:-

1. Age dispersion within the population as the virus affects different age groups differently.

2. Population density and how many large conurbations there are in relation to this.

3. How the eldely (the main target group) are cared for I.e OAP homes or within the family.

4. How those dealing with at risk groups are monitored and/isolated.

5. Current policy on immigration+emigration.

6. Level of health care provision and general health of the nation.

7. Climatic variables.

8. General education of population regarding health/hygiene.

...with this few variables the ability to produce comparable statistics is severely limited, and this is only the beginning.

As a result I have given up listening to the daily statistics toll as its complete meaningless...what isn't thought is the financial, civil, social and health related impacts the whole lockdown approach will have on future populations.

Somebody should tell the British MSM.

What could they be up to?

Edited by Bus Stop Boxer

The UK and Sweden both appear to have high deaths rates in part because they deprived health care to care home residents. I agree that the majority of these people shouldn’t have been put on a ventilator but they should have been given oxygen, fluids and antibiotics for secondary infections as required. Whereas we’re hearing stories that they were denied this full stop in both the UK and Sweden. 

51 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

The UK and Sweden both appear to have high deaths rates in part because they deprived health care to care home residents. I agree that the majority of these people shouldn’t have been put on a ventilator but they should have been given oxygen, fluids and antibiotics for secondary infections as required. Whereas we’re hearing stories that they were denied this full stop in both the UK and Sweden. 

Scandi oap health care - leave granny outside with wolves.....

Scandis are a bit more pragmatic.  No oap has ever got better after going into a home at 85+.

Our problem is that the NHS enables a person's ill health rather than making them better.

High blood pressure due to obesity - here, have some high blood pressure tablets, carry on as you were

The NHS has played its part in worsening this epidemic.

Why are we clapping ?