Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

UK n Sweden vs the rest of Europe


Recommended Posts

Its not over til its over.

Or they develop a vaccine.

Britain has the highest number of deaths in Europe per capita from Covid-19 over the last seven days apart from lockdown-free Sweden, data reveals

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8336695/Britain-second-highest-number-deaths-Europe-capita-Covid-19-week.html

Between May 12 and May 19, in a rolling seven day average, Britain saw 5.75 deaths per million inhabitants. In Sweden the figure was 6.25 deaths per million. 

The United Kingdom's proximity to Sweden as compared with the United States (4.17), France (3.49), Italy (3.0), Spain (2.95) and Germany (0.81), is unsettling.

Sweden carried on as normal + more hygiene.

UK sort of locked down, in a half arsed way.

Rest of Europe locked themselves inside.

If no vaccine is forthcoming then Italy and Spain face no economy or another massive surge., and no economy.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stuey said:

It's not the lockdown it's the care homes. 

Theres a bit of that..

And the number of non whites is a factor.

However ... Ive family in the bad areas of Spain n Italy.

Chatting, comparing My lockdown is worse than yours ..... Both Spain and N Italy basically nailed up the doors and have sat inside the last 2 months.

I was going to BIL - Oh off to get some food. And he goes- What? he cannot step foot outside without getting a fine.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Theres a bit of that..

And the number of non whites is a factor.

However ... Ive family in the bad areas of Spain n Italy.

Chatting, comparing My lockdown is worse than yours ..... Both Spain and N Italy basically nailed up the doors and have sat inside the last 2 months.

I was going to BIL - Oh off to get some food. And he goes- What? he cannot step foot outside without getting a fine.

 

It's General Franco, I tell you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Its not over til its over.

Or they develop a vaccine.

Britain has the highest number of deaths in Europe per capita from Covid-19 over the last seven days apart from lockdown-free Sweden, data reveals

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8336695/Britain-second-highest-number-deaths-Europe-capita-Covid-19-week.html

Between May 12 and May 19, in a rolling seven day average, Britain saw 5.75 deaths per million inhabitants. In Sweden the figure was 6.25 deaths per million. 

The United Kingdom's proximity to Sweden as compared with the United States (4.17), France (3.49), Italy (3.0), Spain (2.95) and Germany (0.81), is unsettling.

Sweden carried on as normal + more hygiene.

UK sort of locked down, in a half arsed way.

Rest of Europe locked themselves inside.

If no vaccine is forthcoming then Italy and Spain face no economy or another massive surge., and no economy.

 

 

 

No they didn't. Germany has been way more relaxed than the UK from what I have experienced.  People have reduced their contacts but there are a significant number who have totally ignored social distancing and there are huge numbers out jogging, walking, cycling etc. as the gyms are all closed.  I have no idea why the figures are so low here but it has nothing to do with government measures.  Pubs, restaurants and schools are all starting to open again albeit with some restrictions in place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Stuey said:

It's not the lockdown it's the care homes. 

Surely this is it. I doubt there is a country in the world keener to lock up its elderly than the UK.

Is there any data on numbers of care home inmates per million of population across countries? Apologies if this has already been posted, there is too much Wuflu information to wade through now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Surely this is it. I doubt there is a country in the world keener to lock up its elderly than the UK.

Is there any data on numbers of care home inmates per million of population across countries? Apologies if this has already been posted, there is too much Wuflu information to wade through now.

It's a strange one to consider though. 

Is it that we treat them so well that they survive much past the age they wouldn't, with mass medicine. So when something beastly comes along we know nothing about... 

Or that we treat them so badly in times of crisis. 

I think a combination of the two is what has led to appalling death tolls in the areas it has. 

Edited by Stuey
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Surely this is it. I doubt there is a country in the world keener to lock up its elderly than the UK.

Is there any data on numbers of care home inmates per million of population across countries? Apologies if this has already been posted, there is too much Wuflu information to wade through now.

Somebody posted it in recent days. There was quite clear correlation IIRC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sukuinage said:

No they didn't. Germany has been way more relaxed than the UK from what I have experienced.  People have reduced their contacts but there are a significant number who have totally ignored social distancing and there are huge numbers out jogging, walking, cycling etc. as the gyms are all closed.  I have no idea why the figures are so low here but it has nothing to do with government measures.  Pubs, restaurants and schools are all starting to open again albeit with some restrictions in place.

Germany only record a coronavirus death if it's the primary cause of death, UK record it even if it's the 7th cause on a long list. Comparing nation stats is pointless really.

Edited by snaga
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spygirl said:

Theres a bit of that..

And the number of non whites is a factor.

However ... Ive family in the bad areas of Spain n Italy.

Chatting, comparing My lockdown is worse than yours ..... Both Spain and N Italy basically nailed up the doors and have sat inside the last 2 months.

I was going to BIL - Oh off to get some food. And he goes- What? he cannot step foot outside without getting a fine.

 

I have a friend in the south of France. Its been harsher there than here also, as far as she is concerned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

I have a friend in the south of France. Its been harsher there than here also, as far as she is concerned.

It was harsher, until the 11th May. We had to have a piece of paper on us to say why we were outside with a list of about 7 accepted reasons. I think more shops were open than in the UK.

Where we live there weren’t many cases and no deaths that I’m aware of. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, snaga said:

Germany only record a coronavirus death if it's the primary cause of death, UK record it even if it's the 7th cause on a long list. Comparing nation stats is pointless really.

Agree, and this is only the beginning when trying to compare stats between countries...you then need to consider:-

1. Age dispersion within the population as the virus affects different age groups differently.

2. Population density and how many large conurbations there are in relation to this.

3. How the eldely (the main target group) are cared for I.e OAP homes or within the family.

4. How those dealing with at risk groups are monitored and/isolated.

5. Current policy on immigration+emigration.

6. Level of health care provision and general health of the nation.

7. Climatic variables.

8. General education of population regarding health/hygiene.

...with this few variables the ability to produce comparable statistics is severely limited, and this is only the beginning.

As a result I have given up listening to the daily statistics toll as its complete meaningless...what isn't thought is the financial, civil, social and health related impacts the whole lockdown approach will have on future populations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MrXxxx said:

Agree, and this is only the beginning when trying to compare stats between countries...you then need to consider:-

1. Age dispersion within the population as the virus affects different age groups differently.

2. Population density and how many large conurbations there are in relation to this.

3. How the eldely (the main target group) are cared for I.e OAP homes or within the family.

4. How those dealing with at risk groups are monitored and/isolated.

5. Current policy on immigration+emigration.

6. Level of health care provision and general health of the nation.

7. Climatic variables.

8. General education of population regarding health/hygiene.

...with this few variables the ability to produce comparable statistics is severely limited, and this is only the beginning.

As a result I have given up listening to the daily statistics toll as its complete meaningless...what isn't thought is the financial, civil, social and health related impacts the whole lockdown approach will have on future populations.

Somebody should tell the British MSM.

What could they be up to?

Edited by Bus Stop Boxer
Link to post
Share on other sites

The UK and Sweden both appear to have high deaths rates in part because they deprived health care to care home residents. I agree that the majority of these people shouldn’t have been put on a ventilator but they should have been given oxygen, fluids and antibiotics for secondary infections as required. Whereas we’re hearing stories that they were denied this full stop in both the UK and Sweden. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

The UK and Sweden both appear to have high deaths rates in part because they deprived health care to care home residents. I agree that the majority of these people shouldn’t have been put on a ventilator but they should have been given oxygen, fluids and antibiotics for secondary infections as required. Whereas we’re hearing stories that they were denied this full stop in both the UK and Sweden. 

Scandi oap health care - leave granny outside with wolves.....

Scandis are a bit more pragmatic.  No oap has ever got better after going into a home at 85+.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...