DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

53 minutes ago, Stuey said:

What does it say 

Snooze you lose

To find out whether you’ve had coronavirus, you can take our certified antibody test. This allows you to take a sample yourself and send it to a lab for speedy results. The test checks for antibodies your body has made in response to COVID-19. 

The test is 97.5% sensitive, and has 100% specificity, which means it will not give you a positive result if you do not have coronavirus antibodies. You need to take it at least 14 days after the start of your coronavirus symptoms, but you can test at any point if you’ve never had symptoms.

You can only order a test for yourself. If someone else in your household or family requires a test, they will need to create an account to place an order. This is due to strict medical guidance. You must also be over 18 years old.

Due to the high demand of orders, this service is currently not available.

12 minutes ago, One percent said:

Exactly. It’s a stat that is of interest to government, not the individual. Are you still alive?  That’s all that matters. 

Of interest to epidemiologists perhaps. Which makes it a big expensive experiment.

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

Why on earth would I pay to find out that I used to have a virus? The information is no use to me.

There's no absolute guarantee it means that you'll have ongoing immunity, but I think that it's likely that you would be immune to at least one strain for a period of time. It is after all a test that you're immune system is producing antibodies against the virus.

It's also useful to me because I've got an obscure lung disease, and nobody has any real idea whether this puts me at high risk from the virus. My doctor's added me to the shielding list, but to be honest they're making it up as they go along. If I've already had it, then I know I'm not high risk, because I didn't die or have to go into intensive care.

It would be useful to know if you've already had it if it turns out that second infections are a lot worse but if you test negative you'd have to keep getting tested every few months which would add up, particularly if you have to pay out for your whole family.

Posted (edited)

Interesting that the swab test - have you got it now - costs twice as much.

COVID-19 test kits

Showing 2 of 2
  • Coronavirus (COVID-19) antibody blood test kit

Determines if you have previously had COVID-19

Includes free tracked delivery

Pack size
    • 1 test kit
    Coronavirus- COVID-19 antibody test kit
    £59.00

• Coronavirus (COVID-19) swab test kit

Determines if you have COVID-19

Includes free tracked delivery

Pack size
    • 1 test kit
    Coronavirus testing - COVID-19 swab home test kit
    £135.00

I have an invitation from Imperial college London as part of a randomized sample to have a swab test - they are wanting to research how many people have it right now.

I would have been more likely to do it if they'd offered an antibody test. Aware of all the arguments but don't really support the group of VIs just attempting to determine how many have it now. If they'd been going for how many have had it already with the prospect of that being 30% ++ and therefore causing an earlier end to [and more resistance to return of] nonsense rules, I may have said yes.

No mention of Prof Shagalot but signed by a lady caller Beaver, Lord Bethell of Romford and Prof the Lord Darzi. [No kidding]

Edited by BWW
sp
32 minutes ago, This Time said:

Why did you think you'd had it?

Went skiing to Val d’Isère with the family late Feb. 4 days after returning, the worst sore throat I’ve ever had kicked in, followed by a mix of headaches, lethargy, runny nose (that they now say could be a symptom - it wasn’t at the time), and a bad cough (but mostly at night).

Was back skiing again the next week with friends, and was absolutely fucked until Friday 6th. (No way I could have missed that trip, even though I felt like death at times 😂)

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Rowley said:

Went skiing to Val d’Isère with the family late Feb. 4 days after returning, the worst sore throat I’ve ever had kicked in, followed by a mix of headaches, lethargy, runny nose (that they now say could be a symptom - it wasn’t at the time), and a bad cough (but mostly at night).

Was back skiing again the next week with friends, and was absolutely fucked until Friday 6th. (No way I could have missed that trip, even though I felt like death at times 😂)

Just goes to show that there are a lot of similar bugs about and that you're unlikely to have had it even if you caught something with matching symptoms in a SARS2 hotspot.

Edited by This Time