DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

55 minutes ago, deathfunk said:

The big lies:

Add:

There is no rape culture among certain cultures in the UK. Move along, nothing to see, you massive racist.

A massive climate emergency every decade from the 70’s, that will “end the world” if we don’t change (acid rain, deforestation, ozone etc - of course, nothing of the sort happens and we slide onto the next crisis...)

Water shortage - a SJW cousin was flapping 10 years ago that this would progressively become a problem in the UK 

Most of the reasons for going to war in the last 50 years

Just now, Rowley said:

Add:

There is no rape culture among certain cultures in the UK. Move along, nothing to see, you massive racist.

A massive climate emergency every decade from the 70’s, that will “end the world” if we don’t change (acid rain, deforestation, ozone etc - of course, nothing of the sort happens and we slide onto the next crisis...)

Water shortage - a SJW cousin was flapping 10 years ago that this would progressively become a problem in the UK 

Most of the reasons for going to war in the last 50 years

AKA: The big lie that multiculturism is a strength. Definitely add that to the list. Weaponised mass immigration has only lowered living standards for the average prole. The key metric is GDP per capita, not gross.

And they know this very well.

44 minutes ago, spunko said:

The first 2 points you highlight when taken together cannot be accurate. Most land is productive in growing food, or (at least) could be. We struggle to be self-sufficient as a country now, for a variety of reasons; it'd be worse if all the farmland was built on. I had hoped that Covid-19 would put to death the argument that we must tarmac over the countryside to build slaveboxes.

-

In any case, you forgot:

• There aren't enough police due to the savage Tory cuts... yet there are clearly more than enough.
  • Farmers would love to employ local, British people but they are "too lazy to work"... yet hundreds of thousands volunteered and heard nothing.
  • That Boris Johnson is going to be a decent PM who wants to close the borders and massively reduce immigration.

We could perhaps build up instead of out. Either way there is no excuse for claiming there is a housing shortage in this country. It is not Hong Kong or Japan. And we haven't been self-sufficient in food since WW2 but that's not the problem either. Autarky has never been our aim as we are an open economy based on trade. The real reason for the food banks is because the rentier filth take such a large slice of everyone's wealth. The proper solution here is to simply stop subsidising the parasites.

The problem with the police is that they are doing the wrong things - bureaucracy and politics - and not enough actual policing.

The problem with British farmers is they want a low cost workforce in a high cost economy. Does not compute.

BoJo was simply the Not-an-Outright-Communist option. I wouldn't read much more into his election than that. 

Some other myths:

There is no 'homelessness' in the UK - there are people who, due to mental illness, substance addiction or a combination thereof, are unable to keep a roof over their heads.

There is no 'poverty' in the UK - there are differences in relative income but nobody need go without food, clothing or shelter (which is the definition of poverty)

There is no 'gender pay gap' in the UK - men and women are paid differently based on their individual circumstances - it is has been illegal to have differential pay rates based purely on sex since the early 1970s.

1 minute ago, Snark said:

Employers and management don't see it that way. As long as they have a certificate from the University of Wakanda and they'll accept minimum wage, then great.

Until it all goes wrong and the projects cost twice as much. But then there is a reason I set up on my own I could not take corporate bollocks anymore

Just now, ad_ceng said:

Until it all goes wrong and the projects cost twice as much. But then there is a reason I set up on my own I could not take corporate bollocks anymore

Oh that's inevitable, but they're safe from their management failures, blame the employee, sack the employee, hire another, same problem, rinse/repeat.

5 minutes ago, Snark said:

Employers and management don't see it that way. As long as they have a certificate from the University of Wakanda and they'll accept minimum wage, then great.

Bums on seats, usually a sign of bad management and or ripping the customer off, usually the government and its quangos.

It can also be seen as good management bringing value into the company.

Depends which side of the fence you are on.

Just now, Chewing Grass said:

Bums on seats, usually a sign of bad management and or ripping the customer off, usually the government and its quangos.

It can also be seen as good management bringing value into the company.

Depends which side of the fence you are on.

Good God this the defense companies exist only to milk the tax payer. i have never seen so many mediocre engineers and managers 

2 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

Yup we really have lost the ability to do things, mostly because everyone wants to be a manager 

Not sure about this. The egotistical twats that know nothing do. Those that can actually do the job would rather stay doing the job in my experience 

9 minutes ago, One percent said:

Not sure about this. The egotistical twats that know nothing do. Those that can actually do the job would rather stay doing the job in my experience 

Noticed where I work, I have a 'job-title' that is different to everyone else around me, I have no degree bollocks like the rest but with 35 years under the belt to pay me the correct amount for what I do I have the grand title of 'principal' which puts me one above the 'senior' and on a par with those 'Responsible' without being responsible for signing off the crap they sometimes produce.

12 minutes ago, One percent said:

To some extent yes however, the only way you get any money is to me manager so many people go that route. I did ended up director level of a large defense company and just saw more and more craziness as I moved up the levels.

Luckily I kept up my technical skills, which amazed the others at my level and was able to say fuck it but my case was pretty unique 

13 hours ago, deathfunk said:

We could perhaps build up instead of out. Either way there is no excuse for claiming there is a housing shortage in this country. It is not Hong Kong or Japan. And we haven't been self-sufficient in food since WW2 but that's not the problem either. Autarky has never been our aim as we are an open economy based on trade. The real reason for the food banks is because the rentier filth take such a large slice of everyone's wealth. The proper solution here is to simply stop subsidising the parasites.

I'm not so sure. Netherlands is also famously one of the world's greatest trading nations, with its former empire, their economy is built on growing food / agri and exporting it. Their population density is even higher than ours. They have enough to feed their own many times over. 

I don't see why we cannot replicate that here, our climate and weather is similar. I think you can have both autarky and enough houses for the population, as the Netherlands more or less proves. 

But it becomes a lot easier if you reduce the population first. :D

4 minutes ago, spunko said:

I'm not so sure. Netherlands is also famously one of the world's greatest trading nations, with its former empire, their economy is built on growing food / agri and exporting it. Their population density is even higher than ours. They have enough to feed their own many times over. 

I don't see why we cannot replicate that here, our climate and weather is similar. I think you can have both autarky and enough houses for the population, as the Netherlands more or less proves. 

But it becomes a lot easier if you reduce the population first. :D

Yes you could. And you could also have enough infrastructure to make the UK a lot more comfortable even for 70 million without “concreting over all the country”, the NIMBY’s favourite expression. The Swiss, and the Dutch, have demonstrated this. The Swiss have way less usable land per head, once you remember all the mountains, but even in Geneva, the most crowded canton, it’s a lot more comfortable than most of the UK. 

There are immense amounts of usable land in the UK. The overcrowded feel is down to the poor infrastructure not the lack of space. 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, ad_ceng said:

We are not powerless any time we want we can rise up and over throw them. Problem is most people are confortably numb and would see it as terrorism.

I'd like to think I'm already carrying out my own form of revolution, in fact possibly even terrorism (economic terrorism at least)

Simply by not buying in to the modern day, debt fuelled mindless consumerism.

Edited by Royston
24 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Yes you could. And you could also have enough infrastructure to make the UK a lot more comfortable even for 70 million without “concreting over all the country”, the NIMBY’s favourite expression. The Swiss, and the Dutch, have demonstrated this. The Swiss have way less usable land per head, once you remember all the mountains, but even in Geneva, the most crowded canton, it’s a lot more comfortable than most of the UK. 

There are immense amounts of usable land in the UK. The overcrowded feel is down to the poor infrastructure not the lack of space. 

I think you'll find that " NIMBYs " want infrastructure, they don't want houses without any infrastructure. And quite right too.

1 hour ago, spunko said:

I think you'll find that " NIMBYs " want infrastructure, they don't want houses without any infrastructure. And quite right too.

"We want infrastructure" is cloak of reasonableness donned by a bunch of selfish old cunts who know they're selfish old cunts.

They know that "It'll spoil my view" is a losing argument so instead use the lack of facilities, crowded country lanes or ferreting round fields in the hope of finding a lesser spotted tree newt.

All stalling tactics in order to drive up development costs.

All in  the hope of making it economically unviable.

Under what perverse logic does someone exist where they think it is morally acceptable to buy a house on a plot of land then stop someone from building on the plot next to them?

It's tin pot fudalism.

4 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

"We want infrastructure" is cloak of reasonableness donned by a bunch of selfish old cunts who know they're selfish old cunts.

They know that "It'll spoil my view" is a losing argument so instead use the lack of facilities, crowded country lanes or ferreting round fields in the hope of finding a lesser spotted tree newt.

All stalling tactics in order to drive up development costs.

All in  the hope of making it economically unviable.

Under what perverse logic does someone exist where they think it is morally acceptable to buy a house on a plot of land then stop someone from building on the plot next to them?

It's tin pot fudalism.

A bit of a generalisation, there's a huge difference between 5 new builds in the field next door and 5,000.

Anyway, none of those arguments work with the Planning Inspector.