DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Mask Wearing  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on wearing face masks?

• I do it because it makes me feel safer.
    • I've always worn a gimp mask.
    • I wear one because I'm ugly.
    • I wear one as its a visual signal that I care.
    • Fuck Off
    • Waste of time.
    • Don't really want to, but I might start wearing one.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a virus - it is just a piece of efficient code that needs a host to self-replicate. (If it is either a bio-weapon (I don't believe it is) or a research project escapee (I believe it is) I wo

Just watching so-called news. School children indoors - no Masks People on trains - compulsory masks people in supermarkets- optional masks people milling about going into shops- no mas

How many shop/supermarket cashiers have died in this pandemic?  Anyone know? Frontline shop workers across the uk are very exposed to a stream of people throughout their shift. Maybe I’

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I'm seeing more and more masks. I'm conflicted, I don't want to look a tit. However there must be some benefits ie it stops you touching your mouth/ it reduces cough droplets spreading/ visual sign that you care.

I saw someone wearing a mask on a walk along the coastla path - he looked a tit to me

I saw two people wearing masks at the garden centre - they looked a pair of tits to me

I saw many peole wearing masks at the supermarket - they all looked tits to me

Why did they look tits ?

Because I was pretty sure they would all reuse the same mask over and over again.

Edited by Hopeful
2 minutes ago, Harley said:

I should have yesterday with all that postcrete even though I was outside!

At least you will die of silicosis, although it's likely to say COVID-19, on the certificate.

Seriously though, grinding, please use some PPE.

20 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I'm seeing more and more masks. I'm conflicted, I don't want to look a tit. However there must be some benefits ie it stops you touching your mouth/ it reduces cough droplets spreading/ visual sign that you care.

I have a few and I did wear them shopping a few times. Stopped now as it increasingly looks like dangers are exaggerated. 

Will wear one if I was on a plane but it looks like that would be compulsory now anyway

11 minutes ago, Harley said:

I should have yesterday with all that postcrete even though I was outside!

This is the real issue, no masks for those that genuinely need them. Before the start of the "pandemic" I bought 3 PPE masks from Screwfix, ended up giving away one to my mum (who is too scared to leave the house anyway) and another to a labourer mate who has to breath in concrete etc and couldn't get one anywhere. Still got the other one but haven't used it.

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Nah I'm not bothering to wear one.

There's not much point now, as the virus has peaked, and it on its way out. Obviously the response to an event is always late, and masks will be ending up in landfill for years.

Posted (edited)

I have a dog bullocks full face mask in my collection.  I save it for visits to the GP and pharmacists to promote mask envy given what the government/NHS did (lie) and didn't do (build up stocks).

No GP visit yet but is was a close call with one pharmacist and her visor, mask, and suit.  I also wear a military suit I decontaminate with mask and gloves in their car park (the curtains twitch so a free course for them)!  Dubious NHS NBC training versus the real thing (military).

PS: I'm saving the portable shower (bleach) for the second wave.  Gotta keep something in reserve!

Edited by Harley
4 minutes ago, MrPin said:

There's not much point now, as the virus has peaked, and it on its way out. Obviously the response to an event is always late, and masks will be ending up in landfill for years.

Yeah I just don't think I'm actually making any difference wearing a mask. Especially since I'm not in close proximity to people anyway.

Didn't vote, none of the options applied.

I posted my masks to my sister in London (along with disinfectant wipes, etc) months ago.

We formed a local group for home deliveries. The pharmacy supplied us with disposable surgical masks and we wore them whilst doing that, but that seems to be over now.

I would wear one if I had to go on the tube, or public transport.

53 minutes ago, spunko said:

I keep seeing "people of a certain age and gender " driving around with masks and gloves on... WTF is that all about.

The masks can make sense - if you're e.g. going to two different shops, it's better not to touch it on the drive between them.

1 hour ago, Hopeful said:

I saw someone wearing a mask on a walk along the coastla path - he looked a tit to me

I saw two people wearing masks at the garden centre - they looked a pair of tits to me

I saw many peole wearing masks at the supermarket - they all looked tits to me

Why did they look tits ?

Because I was pretty sure they would all reuse the same mask over and over again.

Fabric masks are re-usable by simply ironing them.

Disposable surgical masks are disposable.

I'd be quite happy to reuse an N95, after I'd left it e.g. on the windowledge, in the sun, for 3 days. I'd like to know the results of the following research but can't find any references: https://www.designboom.com/design/clean-and-reuse-n95-mask-coronavirus-inventor-peter-tsai-04-02-2020/

One here for @One percent?

My mother's hairdresser was coming over to their house tomorrow - masks in hand - to do both of their hairs. She's had to cancel as - and this is just me relating the story I was told - she has had a letter from her trade body saying that they will be fining any members found to be working at the present time.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Heffalump said:

Fabric masks are re-usable by simply ironing them.

Disposable surgical masks are disposable.

I'd be quite happy to reuse an N95, after I'd left it e.g. on the windowledge, in the sun, for 3 days. I'd like to know the results of the following research but can't find any references: https://www.designboom.com/design/clean-and-reuse-n95-mask-coronavirus-inventor-peter-tsai-04-02-2020/

Assuming your windowledge works, your window will have to be open of course because glass blocks UVs B and C, the latter is the really important UV

So, you wear your mask to go out. you get home and take it off and put it on the windowledge, or do you wear it all day without touching it?

Let's assume you take it off because you are alone indoors, perhaps you want to eat or drink. I also assum you know hoe to take it off properly.

Someone comes to the door - you put a new mask on, you then take it off and put it on the windowledge

You need to go out again, you put a new mask on, you get home and take it off and put it on the windowledge.

Hope you have a ong windowledge

How many disposable masks can you source ?

Edited by Hopeful
  • spunko changed the title to Anyone wearing a mask?