• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Karachi passenger aircraft crash

4 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Poor sods. Got to wonder if it's due to a previously grounded plane being brought back into service without full testing first. 

Last weekend of Eid too isn't it? 

I have been wondering about whether we would see crashes once airlines begin running again. All those aircraft parked up. You have to wonder about what maintenance will take place before they are back in the air.

In theory well maintained aircraft will be a minimum of maintenance but they all will need some. You can't just let thousands of aircraft sit idle form months and not have some glitches.

21 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Poor sods. Got to wonder if it's due to a previously grounded plane being brought back into service without full testing first. 

Last weekend of Eid too isn't it? 

I think they should start after a few weeks, if you keep the battery charged up.

Airliners normally spend more time in the air than on the ground during their entire working life, including regular strip-down servicing.

Ironically, the shut-down would be an ideal time to do more serious maintenance work, but I expect a lot of the relevant staff will be laid off or on shutdown.

4 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

says lost both engines on approach

Fuel or control problem would be most likely there then.

Or bilateral squirrels in both engine management units.

We won't know the facts until WorkingPoor has done his Polly Pocket simulation.

2 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Yes, they won't go without fuel.

19 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Airliners normally spend more time in the air than on the ground during their entire working life, including regular strip-down servicing.

Ironically, the shut-down would be an ideal time to do more serious maintenance work, but I expect a lot of the relevant staff will be laid off or on shutdown.

My first thought was contaminated fuel.

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I have been wondering about whether we would see crashes once airlines begin running again. All those aircraft parked up. You have to wonder about what maintenance will take place before they are back in the air.

In theory well maintained aircraft will be a minimum of maintenance but they all will need some. You can't just let thousands of aircraft sit idle form months and not have some glitches.

Consider most pilots are out of regency too, so need to regain that. 

I will not be flying for a while once it all opens back up

36 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

Consider most pilots are out of regency too, so need to regain that. 

I will not be flying for a while once it all opens back up

think you're overreacting, he nearly did it, was the third attempt at landing

3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

How truly terrible.

Awful. I live near Lockerbie and will never forget the carnage caused when parts of the plane crashed on the town and surrounding area. It’s bad enough when a plane crashes but even more horrific when on a residential area. Truly terrible. I still can’t look at Lockerbie air disaster pictures without crying. It makes me tear up even writing this. 

1 hour ago, Van Lady said:

Awful. I live near Lockerbie and will never forget the carnage caused when parts of the plane crashed on the town and surrounding area. It’s bad enough when a plane crashes but even more horrific when on a residential area. Truly terrible. I still can’t look at Lockerbie air disaster pictures without crying. It makes me tear up even writing this. 

Miraculously, 3 survivors - all from the first row of the aircraft.

22 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Miraculously, 3 survivors - all from the first row of the aircraft.

It always pays to have a lucky seat, and a parachute. Mind you a parachute would have been a mere placebo at that height.

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

It always pays to have a lucky seat, and a parachute. Mind you a parachute would have been a mere placebo at that height.

I think I woud know whether I was swallowing a placebo, or a parachute.