• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Karachi passenger aircraft crash

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Poor sods. Got to wonder if it's due to a previously grounded plane being brought back into service without full testing first. 

Last weekend of Eid too isn't it? 

 

I have been wondering about whether we would see crashes once airlines begin running again. All those aircraft parked up. You have to wonder about what maintenance will take place before they are back in the air.

In theory well maintained aircraft will be a minimum of maintenance but they all will need some. You can't just let thousands of aircraft sit idle form months and not have some glitches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Poor sods. Got to wonder if it's due to a previously grounded plane being brought back into service without full testing first. 

Last weekend of Eid too isn't it? 

I think they should start after a few weeks, if you keep the battery charged up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Airliners normally spend more time in the air than on the ground during their entire working life, including regular strip-down servicing.

Ironically, the shut-down would be an ideal time to do more serious maintenance work, but I expect a lot of the relevant staff will be laid off or on shutdown.

4 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

says lost both engines on approach

Fuel or control problem would be most likely there then.

Or bilateral squirrels in both engine management units.

We won't know the facts until WorkingPoor has done his Polly Pocket simulation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Fuel or control problem would be most likely there then.

Or bilateral squirrels in both engine management units.

We won't know the facts until WorkingPoor has done his Polly Pocket simulation.

Yes, they won't go without fuel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Airliners normally spend more time in the air than on the ground during their entire working life, including regular strip-down servicing.

Ironically, the shut-down would be an ideal time to do more serious maintenance work, but I expect a lot of the relevant staff will be laid off or on shutdown.

Fuel or control problem would be most likely there then.

Or bilateral squirrels in both engine management units.

We won't know the facts until WorkingPoor has done his Polly Pocket simulation.

 

My first thought was contaminated fuel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

I have been wondering about whether we would see crashes once airlines begin running again. All those aircraft parked up. You have to wonder about what maintenance will take place before they are back in the air.

In theory well maintained aircraft will be a minimum of maintenance but they all will need some. You can't just let thousands of aircraft sit idle form months and not have some glitches.

Consider most pilots are out of regency too, so need to regain that. 

I will not be flying for a while once it all opens back up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

Consider most pilots are out of regency too, so need to regain that. 

I will not be flying for a while once it all opens back up

think you're overreacting, he nearly did it, was the third attempt at landing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

 

How truly terrible.

Awful. I live near Lockerbie and will never forget the carnage caused when parts of the plane crashed on the town and surrounding area. It’s bad enough when a plane crashes but even more horrific when on a residential area. Truly terrible. I still can’t look at Lockerbie air disaster pictures without crying. It makes me tear up even writing this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Van Lady said:

Awful. I live near Lockerbie and will never forget the carnage caused when parts of the plane crashed on the town and surrounding area. It’s bad enough when a plane crashes but even more horrific when on a residential area. Truly terrible. I still can’t look at Lockerbie air disaster pictures without crying. It makes me tear up even writing this. 

 

Miraculously, 3 survivors - all from the first row of the aircraft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

Miraculously, 3 survivors - all from the first row of the aircraft.

It always pays to have a lucky seat, and a parachute. Mind you a parachute would have been a mere placebo at that height.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrPin said:

It always pays to have a lucky seat, and a parachute. Mind you a parachute would have been a mere placebo at that height.

I think I woud know whether I was swallowing a placebo, or a parachute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.