DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

daily lab confirmed infections:

image.png.83530fe31488ec0984fe629b93952dea.png

daily additional UK covid-19 deaths

*guessing this is the speculative total above the normal ~12,000 deaths / week, site doesn't say. Real number could be higher or lower, we'll never know what the actual causes were now the people are dead and buried.

image.png.026459b201a4d6cbe3f6b3125078ca88.png

How much longer will the government drag out business closures for? What would happen if the Prime Minister addressed the nation and said 'fuck it, just open everything back up and have at it, it'll be alright'?

Posted (edited)

I too am wondering just how much longer the bandwagon can keep rolling.

There are still lots of 'true believers' on social media cowering at home from the 'deadly virus'.

But there does seem to be something of a 'new normal' developing with people not particularly scared of the virus but getting used to the whole idea of staying in most of the time and working from home. It's a bit like everyone's moved from a big city to an isolated island and many have found it's actually quite nice.

Of course, this could all just be the calm before the storm when the economic reality of redundancies etc hits home.

I do think we need to get out there and start spreading the germs around so that immunity can spread before seasonal flu reappears in the autumn.

Edited by Austin Allegro

This is interesting and amazed none of the MSM are printing it ;)  circa 100 hospital deaths from it yesterday in the UK 

It has been over since before it begun, we should be hanging the politicians from lampposts for what they have done to freedoms

For some people this could be bad they should have been told to isolate. 

1 minute ago, ad_ceng said:

We are being manipulated, most people cannot see it. 

Luckily (unluckily) here on Dosbods most of us are independent thinkers

We are all individuals.O.o

Quite honestly I can't imagine another panic like this, except maybe I forgot one. This will be forgotten, and only the subject of a BBC4 documentary in the wee hours in some years time

3 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Looks like the lockdown stopped transmission then?

It looks like the government are "back pedalling" on the latest "Corona update". They are trying to keep the panic going, to make their previous actions look "wise". It's not looking wise to me. They have blown a lot of money.

5 minutes ago, the gardener said:

No. The rate of growth of infections had slowed before any lockdowns. Once that slope stopped getting steeper the decline and disappearance of the virus was baked in. It was over in mid-March. 

Any lockdowns were too late. Once again it's government being God. Look, you are saved!O.o

2 hours ago, Stuey said:

I think Tuesday, they want to get past the Bank Holiday first. They are still in lockdown-justification mode. 

Once the manipulation starts on lowering the perceived numbers that's when things will change. 

That and schools breaking up, officially. They keep trying to push that one back until it no longer matters because the little darlings would have finished anyway. 

3 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think  it may go the way of other mass hysteria episodes in history, such as Princess Diana's death. All a bit embarassing in retrospect but it seemed very important at the time. Even the changes that it did bring, such as the more modern royal family and the triumph of the Blairite emotive 'muh feelings' culture, will simply become part of life and most people won't notice the changes. With Covid it will probably be greater surveillance/state interference and a growth in the fraidy-cat, risk avoidance culture. But in twenty years' time most people will think things have always been that way.

I fear this bullshit will be with us for the next 10 years at least. Charles speech at Davos this year was clear evidence that there will be a new economic model, a new paradigm. Greta hasn't gone away y'know. 

https://youtu.be/8jaTt7sfI1k

1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

He'd be drowned in a sea of shrieking Twitterati, Guardianistas and their acolytes.

Although the question of how widely their opinion is shared amongst the wider population remains. The more they drag this out and stretch the credibility of the narrative, the more people get red pilled and are lost to the agenda forever.

6 hours ago, Caravan Monster said:

Although the question of how widely their opinion is shared amongst the wider population remains. The more they drag this out and stretch the credibility of the narrative, the more people get red pilled and are lost to the agenda forever.

Went out today to get some timber. North Derbyshire folk appear to have missed the government guidance around social distancing, business continued unabated where permitted to open.