DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Posted (edited)

So I signed up to a multi currency online Crypto wallet and from there I wanted to pick up some cheap shitcoin which then got me on a survey site. After earning a few shitcoins i decided I rather liked taking surveys as hobby-that-pays (very badly - the money is awful). I have now signed up to two sites - Branded Surveys and Prolific. I have actually not gone back to the poor quality crypto survey site I joined initially as it was poor quality. The two I am on at the moment appear to be well managed and easy to use.

I have already given Gillette both barrels of invective. That particular survey was evaluating the quality of the packaging and brand. "The packaging is absolutely fantastic, market leading, sadly I would never consider buying any Gillette products owing to their prior misandrist advertising".

I keep getting surveys asking me how the government are doing in handling the COVID crisis. You can guess at my responses here.

I did one survey which had me watching a movie trailer then giving my thought. I did a humanities degree which has no real world value of any kind other than the ability to talk pseudy bollocks about cultural products. So I was well in there. 

And for extra fun I do academic studies at Prolific. I just did a 10 minute betting game study for the LSE and earned £2. It was genuinely interesting and I smashed it out of the park because I am a hero. 

Edited by deathfunk
11 hours ago, deathfunk said:

So I signed up to a multi currency online Crypto wallet and from there I wanted to pick up some cheap shitcoin which then got me on a survey site. After earning a few shitcoins i decided I rather liked taking surveys as hobby-that-pays (very badly - the money is awful). I have now signed up to two sites - Branded Surveys and Prolific. I have actually not gone back to the poor quality crypto survey site I joined initially as it was poor quality. The two I am on at the moment appear to be well managed and easy to use.

I have already given Gillette both barrels of invective. That particular survey was evaluating the quality of the packaging and brand. "The packaging is absolutely fantastic, market leading, sadly I would never consider buying any Gillette products owing to their prior misandrist advertising".

I keep getting surveys asking me how the government are doing in handling the COVID crisis. You can guess at my responses here.

I did one survey which had me watching a movie trailer then giving my thought. I did a humanities degree which has no real world value of any kind other than the ability to talk pseudy bollocks about cultural products. So I was well in there. 

And for extra fun I do academic studies at Prolific. I just did a 10 minute betting game study for the LSE and earned £2. It was genuinely interesting and I smashed it out of the park because I am a hero. 

Bollocks.

Heroes never start a sentence with "So"....

XYY

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I do surveys. 

Some start well then they fade.

Currently doing Life Points which used to be Global Test Market. Doing it for over ten years though not as good now still a fiver a week.

Valued opinions used to be good but shite now so stopped. 

Do a You guv one, bit slow.

Incompass Diary, a survey once every 3 weeks about media gets me a fiver.

Swagbucks which is a grind. Only go there if no other surveys about.

Occasionally I get,  other companies sending me surveys. 

One one paid me about £140 over a lot of weeks by going into a supermarket and taken photos of Tuna! then asking me questions about it. Also going into a pub and take photos of things behind the bar, had to explain that one to the Barman. 

All free money. I have done so many surveys a lot multiple times I barely read them now.

• 2 weeks later...

The ONS man used to come round my house every year because I was nice and a statistical deviant or significant, not sure which.  Then one year he never turned up.  I hope he's ok.  Or maybe I was the new normal.  I left shortly after.  Things just weren't the same.  And that's all I've got to say about surveys.

Edited by Harley
On 05/06/2020 at 10:45, dillinger said:

Doing yourself a profile make it attractive to them.

I'm basically retired and live on my own but my profile says I work, earn a fair bit and have a Wife and kids at home.

Mine too. I'm a member of a few survey sites. The best paying one is Populuslive, which works out at about £1 per five minutes.

On 21/06/2020 at 00:23, jay67 said:

Mine too. I'm a member of a few survey sites. The best paying one is Populuslive, which works out at about £1 per five minutes.

Will look at them.

The youguv one I do, I have cashed out last two times at £10 for an Amazon voucher and they have sent me two codes for £10 😃

Straight into my Amazon account.