DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not the first time that has happened but I have seen plenty of other footage since the first one they successfully landed. Put a buffet on for my staff once and had them wag off for an hour to watch i

It isn't so much an altitude thing as a velocity thing; the rocket is mainly there to get them sufficient velocity that they can keep on being dragged back to earth by gravity, but by the time they ge

Suspiciously during a video feed cut. Mmmmmm.?  I've never been convinced by that footage of the rockets landing. 

1 minute ago, Ash4781b said:

Spacex have an upcoming launch with astronauts. I’ve been looking at the Crew dragon capsule videos inside looks amazing. Suits look good too. There’s also a docking simulation online I think. Anyone excited ?

Do the Spacex thingies blow-up?

You can watch it online; I have a history of getting timezones confused but I think it's 5:15PM ish on Wednesday 27th for the foreplay, and blastoff at 9:33PM. "You can watch NASA TV via NASA’s website, YouTube, Roku, Pluto and Twitch TV."

I remember watching the first booster he successfully landed.

Game changing. Not that long ago everyone was laughing at him.

Here's hoping the economic destruction doesn't put an end to it.

Growing up in the post Apollo era I thought we would have colonised Mars and be mining the asteroid belt for precious metals by now.

Hopefully one day soon.

1 minute ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Growing up in the post Apollo era I thought we would have colonised Mars and be mining the asteroid belt for precious metals by now.

It's made of cheese.

9 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

I remember watching the first booster he successfully landed.

Game changing. Not that long ago everyone was laughing at him.

Here's hoping the economic destruction doesn't put an end to it.

Hopefully one day soon.

I was 19 when the first Apollo landing was made and I thought that too. There would be moon bases, propellents and or reaction mass would come from the moon and we would be on the way to exploring the solar system. So disappointing at how little has happened.

I have watched quite a few YT videos about the SpaceX capasule in recent months.

They all rave about the Sci Fi minimalist interior with all press buttons.

I have a suspicion that if the crew ever come to press a button that nothing will work. 

22 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

We are. We just don't tell everyone. I am typing this from Moonbase, surrounded by hot chick in silver spacesuits with purple bob hair styles.

12 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Bastard. Utter, utter bastard. That's my future that is. Stolen from me.

:(

Was it wrong of me, as a lad, to fancy Mrs. Robinson from Lost in Space and to wonder what scrapes she and her two daughters would get up to if they were stranded alone on an alien planet?

Is that the buzzing sound of approaching robotic aliens coming to enslave them?

On 24/05/2020 at 20:16, Ash4781b said:

Spacex have an upcoming launch with astronauts. I’ve been looking at the Crew dragon capsule videos inside looks amazing. Suits look good too. There’s also a docking simulation online I think. Anyone excited ?

So very excited, but most of my designs fly in space, these days. SpaceX are really showing the dinosaur agencies how to do it 

1 hour ago, ad_ceng said:

So very excited, but most of my designs fly in space, these days. SpaceX are really showing the dinosaur agencies how to do it 

I was just wondering if the NASA guy who was commenting on the launch actually realised how bad it made NASA look?

Not sure about NASA looking bad, they did pay for it after all. As I understand it there was a lot of arguments about the NASA way vs SpaceX approach. It does make compnaes like Boeing and Airbus look bad 

I mostly work with the European Space Agency and many people do not realise the engineers who work for them are not that good, as they do very little real engineering. They do love documentation though, I have just been through a PDR with them and the ammount of RIDS raised on minor things which has taken months to address has to be seen to be believed. This is after we actually created a complete system on a single board to demonstrate the engineering and performance was possible.