• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
MrPin

Let's BRAG

4 minutes ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Didn't Steve Parrish bag that one?

PEN1S was issued in Bury to a TNT truck based at the Ramsbottom depot. It was in a sequence they had up to PEN16S. TNT didn't want it so the plate went elsewhere and ended up on a BSB riders Merc, although I don't remember it being Steve Parrish.

GEN1E was also in Bury on a Vauxhall VX490

2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I respect your right to be wrong!

Level42 did a good gig when I saw them. Everyone else was at the "other" concert. I can't remember who I missed now.

3 minutes ago, Option5 said:

PEN1S was issued in Bury to a TNT truck based at the Ramsbottom depot. It was in a sequence they had up to PEN16S. TNT didn't want it so the plate went elsewhere and ended up on a BSB riders Merc, although I don't remember it being Steve Parrish.

I've never bought a "special" number plate. I have to remember whatever the vehicle came with. One was a personal plate, as it was an import, but it meant nothing to me (Oh Vienna), as it wasn't my initials.

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

PEN1S was issued in Bury to a TNT truck based at the Ramsbottom depot.

Mr Dad bought a brand new Datsun 120y in August 1977.

The reg was PEN100S, only 99 out.

We lived in Salford, so not far from Bury.

2 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

It was by long margin the best equipped and most reliable car that he had had at the time.

Made everything else he had owned (Vauxhalls and Fords) look like unreliable shit.

I'm not knocking the Japanese mechanics, as they were pretty solid, but the bodywork used to "disappear".

4 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I'm not knocking the Japanese mechanics, as they were pretty solid, but the bodywork used to "disappear".

I remember the Vauxhall Viva that he had before the Datsun, it was visibly rusty before its first birthday.

The old man was not happy, and he has not had a British car since.

1 minute ago, Bornagain said:

I remember the Vauxhall Viva that he had before the Datsun, it was visibly rusty before its first birthday.

The old man was not happy, and he has not had a British car since.

Cars of "that age" all rusted spectacularly.

57 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I've always wanted PEN1S, but I don't think it was issued.

What is the story behind the registration number on your car?

I’ve got two registration plates, PEN15 and 60CK. For dirty minded people, these appear to say something… They were originally purchased when I was married to stop my wife driving my cars.

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/racing/archive/motogp/2013/you-ask-steve-parrish-answers

34 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

Mr Dad bought a brand new Datsun 120y in August 1977.

The reg was PEN100S, only 99 out.

We lived in Salford, so not far from Bury.

When I bought my recent car, the first new car I've ever bought, the registration ended in  CNT

I changed it because it was my business vehicle

But in hindshight, I wish I hadn't

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

I'm glad I'm not your neighbour, Mr Boggs.

Well they have been drilling whilst I’m in bed so I’m in the street with the sound bar cranked up listening to rush 2112 .the fact there kids aged 2 and in bed has slipped my mind  to be fair I’ve been away from home for 3 weeks but it’s got to be done .they should realise im

in my cars outside . Note the lead crystal tankard I drink in style even alone in the street .

5E5D983A-91E7-40F2-B102-195D290FE9B9.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Two coronation street brags, one for sure and one iffy as I was blotto and a mate told me the next day.

1, I was nocked of my motorbike in Lees, Oldham, by Martyn Platt.

2, I got off and copped a feel of one of the Tracy Barlows in Sparks nightclub in Ashton under Lyne.

Bollocks while I'm at it, I used to get free entry into that club and Blues as the guy that owned it was convinced he was going to fuck me as were his mates who played Alec Gilroy and Fred Elliott, I might have led them on a little. :D

Edited by GBDamo

3 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

Two coronation street brags, one for sure and one iffy as I was blotto and a mate told me the next day.

1, I was nocked of my motorbike in Lees, Oldham, by Martyn Platt.

2, I got off and copped a feel of one of the Tracy Barlows in Sparks nightclub in Ashton under Lyne.

Bollocks while I'm at it, I used to get free entry into that club and Blues as the guy that owned it was convinced he was going to fuck me as were his mates who played Alec Gilroy and Fred Elliott, I might have led them on a little. :D

Which one were you blotto for?

6 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Which one were you blotto for?

All, but I have no little recollection of number two other than her being a pretty brunette.

My mate was going nuts the next day as I never asked her name or got her number.

No loss, I'd have only disappointed her.

2 hours ago, Panther said:

Paul Daniels overtook me on the M1, registration number MAG 1C

Willie Thorne The baldy snooker player overtook me on the M1, registration number A147 PRO.

It was a Roller back then, but he's pissed all his snooker money up the wall these days...

XYY

13 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Willie Thorne The baldy snooker player overtook me on the M1, registration number A147 PRO.

It was a Roller back then, but he's pissed all his snooker money up the wall these days...

XYY

I recall he spent a lot of time pissed in the Embassy club in Weybridge. I think Jimmy White was a regular there to.

1 hour ago, Option5 said:

I used to work in the “Sale of Marks” office for the DVLA in Swansea back in the day.