DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Reaction videos

lid

I've found myself watching these now and again recently. I find them quite enjoyable. Typical example involves younger folk, often from the black community, watching classic old tunes. 

There's also a similar example of Americans watching the likes of Mickey Flanagan for the first time :)

In the gig economy we live in I can only applaud these guys for having a go at earning an honest living. Good on em.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

It looks like a spoof from "Hollywood Shuffle". Surely they twigged the Animals were very much into American R&B? Maybe too much RAP in their heads?

I'm gonna start making reaction videos to reaction videos.

I have found my YouTube niche. Ker-ching!

EDIT: Fuck, already been done.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

I'm gonna start making reaction videos to reaction videos.

I have found my YouTube niche. Ker-ching!

EDIT: Fuck, already been done.

Bummer, eh?

Still, there's no barrier to entry so you just need to do it better/flash more tit than the competition?

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
Long time lurking
1 hour ago, lid said:

Too much division in the world. We need more cool black guys and more cool white perms 👊

Watch some Pink Floyd ones i just though everyone knew what they were all about 

• Agree 1

• 8 months later...
Stinky Wizzleteats
7 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

I think a lot of these "reaction" videos are faked.

But watching some daft tart gushing over Tom Jones or Elvis isn't something I'm not used to, and can be a pleasant way to spend an evening if there's nowt decent on the telly...

XYY

Agreed. Started off as a fun genre but now they're just doing it for show. First time reacting to Imagine by John Lennon next? Fuck off!

The guy in the second video in the OP does have a good laugh when he gets going though. His reactions to the inbetweeners and Catherine Tates interpreter sketch were funny

• Agree 1

Roger_Mellie

There's a reason these are so popular - white people, for some reason, wanting validation from black people. 

I was tempted to watch one that appeared on my YouTube feed... Guy reacts to Bohemian Rhapsody for the first time. I was about to click it then I realised I was only going to click it because I wanted to see if this black guy, who according to my own internal bias is probably into rap or some hip hop stuff likes a classic piece of white rock music. Then I realised I have no reason to give a shit and I couldn't care less if he likes it. 

Load of bollocks. 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Underwhelmed

yes mostly bollocks, as has been said most are fake reactions. Seen some reacting to Frankie's 'Relax' (the more explicit video) and feigning shock at discovering what it's about, fuck off!