DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

12 weeks I've been in.  12 bloody weeks.  Been for a few walks, but not been to a shop, takeaway etc etc.

So today, was the 1st day in approx 3 months I had to venture out.

1) The motorway was busy, not as busy as before but not far off

2) The town, rammed.  If I'd landed from Mars and you told me the country was in lock down, social distancing, being aware etc. I'd have thought you were making it up.

3) No queues at the 3 super markets I drove past.

I was in lock down, not sure anyone else was.  Still, at least the banksters get another $10,000,000,000,000 to spend.

1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

Oops. You fell for the joke.

Everyone has been out and about all the time.

Sorry.

Though there is some truth in this. I think a lot of people thought it was total tumbleweed beyond their garden gate. It wasn't.

It most certainly wasn't.  Looked more like India though than eastern Europe that I saw the last time.

I'm totally sick to fucking death of this lockdown bullshit.  If it wasn't for my living situation I probably would have broken it already.  I go to work thankfully although tbh that's like a holiday these days - wish I was being more productive rather than spending time on dosbds et al though.  Even good reading I'm not doing.  Try to avoid inane chatter where possible.  Today a few people seem to be getting concerned about this bug thing going around.  Apparently 4 cases in just a few days in some different area of the building.  We should be getting danger money and masks, yes masks.  Sorry just ranting but fed up with this bullshit - honestly at this stage more danger seems to be people dying of boredom or loneliness than this thing.  Indeed the sick and old may be at heightened risk but young people etc you just can't wrap in bubble.

Meanwhile the top politicians decision makers and scientific bods all been found guilty of breaking their own rules (follow what they say not do). 

I'm still really concerned about this thing making a big inroad come winter (should I be?).  I'm not really worried about personal danger more the added stresses of navigating a lockdown society. (one which up to now I have heeded (well exceeded) the shitty mixed messages we have ie  mask wearing cleanliness etc etc but most people don't bother for shit.  Going forward I'm not up for locking myself away if this comes back to such a degree but may be forced to for various reasons.  

1 hour ago, Gloommonger said:

There has definitely been a change in attitude. I saw my parents on Saturday for the first time in 2 months. We decided that as adults we could make our own choices and risk assessment. I think many others are doing the same.

Yep, had my parents over too on Monday afternoon. Also had a personal trainer over a couple of times for sessions in garden. My wife same with a yoga teacher.

44 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

I'm totally sick to fucking death of this lockdown bullshit.  If it wasn't for my living situation I probably would have broken it already.  I go to work thankfully although tbh that's like a holiday these days - wish I was being more productive rather than spending time on dosbds et al though.  Even good reading I'm not doing.  Try to avoid inane chatter where possible.  Today a few people seem to be getting concerned about this bug thing going around.  Apparently 4 cases in just a few days in some different area of the building.  We should be getting danger money and masks, yes masks.  Sorry just ranting but fed up with this bullshit - honestly at this stage more danger seems to be people dying of boredom or loneliness than this thing.  Indeed the sick and old may be at heightened risk but young people etc you just can't wrap in bubble.

Meanwhile the top politicians decision makers and scientific bods all been found guilty of breaking their own rules (follow what they say not do). 

I'm still really concerned about this thing making a big inroad come winter (should I be?).  I'm not really worried about personal danger more the added stresses of navigating a lockdown society. (one which up to now I have heeded (well exceeded) the shitty mixed messages we have ie  mask wearing cleanliness etc etc but most people don't bother for shit.  Going forward I'm not up for locking myself away if this comes back to such a degree but may be forced to for various reasons.  

I wouldn't waste another moment worrying about what ifs. If it resurfaces then the compliance with any future lockdown is going to be much less pronounced ie. many will ignore a second time around. I know I will.

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

I wouldn't waste another moment worrying about what ifs. If it resurfaces then the compliance with any future lockdown is going to be much less pronounced ie. many will ignore a second time around. I know I will.

Im quite enjoying it. State sanctioned sitting on the settee drinking gin all day. The only thing that could betterit would be if the state started delivery of gin for free. :)