Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, OurDayWillCome said:

The inane waffle from remainers and the media pandering to their patheticness - that was beyond tedious. THIS bollocks... I now detest an ever increasing proportion of the population! How did we get to such an insane level of retardedness? I feel broken, not by the virus, but by my lack of desire to engage with a country full of morons :-(

It feels like we’ve changed from a nation who turn to the press for their information to a nation who turn to the press for their opinion.   But I suspect it was really ever thus.

Fortunately with the abundance of available information now,  the media have never been more superfluous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Libspero said:

It feels like we’ve changed from a nation who turn to the press for their information to a nation who turn to the press for their opinion.   But I suspect it was really ever thus.

Fortunately with the abundance of available information now,  the media have never been more superfluous.

The court of public opinion is very strong sometimes.

Normally no government wants to be hugely unpopular.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

The smartphone is the reason, end of.

 

XYY

 

The smartphone enables you to consume stuff anywhere 24/7. True. I consider that it's a huge contributor to many social changes, for example our immigration crisis - if you are sitting in an impoverished town in Africa you can now see the comparative excesses of UK life and you'll think quite reasonably, 'I'm going there".

Bur, the real culprit is what lies underneath the smartphone and that is the internet.

It is the fact that there is no longer any real cost to words

In the past, information had a cost because every word cost money because it occupied space on a finite and expensive  resource, the printed page.

Space is now infinite. there is an infinite amount of space to fill.

The internet should have just been kept for responsible people, scientists, just like me xD

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

 

The smartphone enables you to consume stuff anywhere 24/7. True. I consider that it's a huge contributor to many social changes, for example our immigration crisis - if you are sitting in an impoverished town in Africa you can now see the comparative excesses of UK life and you'll think quite reasonably, 'I'm going there".

Bur, the real culprit is what lies underneath the smartphone and that is the internet.

It is the fact that there is no longer any real cost to words

In the past, information had a cost because every word cost money because it occupied space on a finite and expensive  resource, the printed page.

Space is now infinite. there is an infinite amount of space to fill.

The internet should have just been kept for responsible people, scientists, just like me xD

 

Typical scientist overcomplicating the simple answer. ;)

Sure the internet is the conduit, but the smartphone has created the zombies that are glued to it 24/7, and believe every single word they read on it.

If it comes out of their phone, it is 100% true. Especially if their mate on Facebook cut and pasted it.

And since the infernal device cost them the best part of a grand, it has to be justified as being worth the money the fucking idiots paid for it.

Devil's dildos, end of...

 

XYY

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Sure the internet is the conduit, but the smartphone has created the zombies that are glued to it 24/7, and believe every single word they read on it.

I think you'll find that those Zombies have always existed it's just that they used to be busy watching soap operas, "reality" TV, and "talent" shows. Apart from that they were fairly silent. The mobile phone has given them a platform to voice their opinions to the world. 

Anyone with a smartphone is an idiot in comparison to their technology.

Sent from my Huawei P30 🥴

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Typical scientist overcomplicating the simple answer. ;)

Sure the internet is the conduit, but the smartphone has created the zombies that are glued to it 24/7, and believe every single word they read on it.

If it comes out of their phone, it is 100% true. Especially if their mate on Facebook cut and pasted it.

And since the infernal device cost them the best part of a grand, it has to be justified as being worth the money the fucking idiots paid for it.

Devil's dildos, end of...

 

XYY

 

 

I have a fat wood pigeon about 10 ft from me as I type this from my reclaimed plastic sunlounger in my garden

Every animal we associate with food that now enters my garden, whether it be a rabbit, a pheasant, and now wood pigeon, I now immediately, think "How i would catch it"

how I would catch it never used to cross my mind, it is now the frst thought.

Could I spring form my sun lounger and land on top of the pigeon, or would I need some net-like contraption. An air rifle would be no use as pellets could become a limiting resource.

Covid19, innit

I appreciate that is nothing to do with this thread

I just find the change in how i view the animals in my garden, interesting.

As you were

(Edit 1 the wood pigeon is now sitting on the lawn about 15ft away and looking over it's shoulder at me - is it eyeing me up...disconcerting....)

(Edit 2 the Wood pigeon is now preening its arse - @The XYY Man is it you?)

Edited by Hopeful
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Panther said:

I propose that all Twitter content gets rendered in a green scrawl, like the old days of nutters writing in green biro.

Actually, I would wish for not so much Twitter content to be posted here. All it is, is the opinion of somebody else I don't know, and I've never heard of.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

 

I have a fat wood pigeon about 10 ft from me as I type this from my reclaimed plastic sunlounger in my garden

Every animal we associate with food that now enters my garden, whether it be a rabbit, a pheasant, and now wood pigeon, I now immediately, think "How i would catch it"

how I would catch it never used to cross my mind, it is now the frst thought.

Could I spring form my sun lounger and land on top of the pigeon, or would I need some net-like contraption. An air rifle would be no use as pellets could become a limiting resource.

Covid19, innit

I appreciate that is nothing to do with this thread

I just find the change in how i view the animals in my garden, interesting.

As you were

(the wood pigeon is now sitting on the law about 15ft away and looking over it's shoulder at me - is it eyeing me up...disconcerting....)

Would a catapult be any good? A resourceful man like yourself could probably find or make projectiles in a pinch.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hopeful said:

 

...

how I would catch it never used to cross my mind, it is now the frst thought.

Could I spring form my sun lounger and land on top of the pigeon, or would I need some net-like contraption. An air rifle would be no use as pellets could become a limiting resource.

Covid19, innit

...

The answer is to stockpile air pellets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpectrumFX said:

Would a catapult be any good? A resourceful man like yourself could probably find or make projectiles in a pinch.

 

 

This would my weapon of choice come the armageddon

or a sling shot, like David.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hopeful said:

 

The smartphone enables you to consume stuff anywhere 24/7. True. I consider that it's a huge contributor to many social changes, for example our immigration crisis - if you are sitting in an impoverished town in Africa you can now see the comparative excesses of UK life and you'll think quite reasonably, 'I'm going there".

Bur, the real culprit is what lies underneath the smartphone and that is the internet.

It is the fact that there is no longer any real cost to words

In the past, information had a cost because every word cost money because it occupied space on a finite and expensive  resource, the printed page.

Space is now infinite. there is an infinite amount of space to fill.

The internet should have just been kept for responsible people, scientists, just like me xD

 

Yes, sums it up nicely.

The internet should have been kept within its controlled box.

If you want to use the internet then you should have to book in advance a half hour slot at your local library costing £10.

Connectivity - the ability to connect into your work server from home - is something different and should be allowed.

In 2001 my part of the office, with a hundred people, had a single internet PC to which people could go to look up work-related information.

 

These are entitely moot points as it's there and cheap; it's not going to keep becoming more expensive like energy.

 

I maintain my view that social media - where you have an ID that is a virtual representation of yourself as opposed to a discussion forum with random identities - is toxic.

People think that it is a free gift to them (Facebook is free and always will be) but in reality it is way for them to be tracked and their spending power farmed by algorithm.  It also operates its own Overton window whereby if you express or even merely like "incorrect" views then you are barred from such media.

If you don't wish to be profiled, trolled, or have your personal information sold to advertisers then do not touch social media.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

 

This would my weapon of choice come the armageddon

or a sling shot, like David.

 

In.March1947, reports appeared about an exchange that Einstein reportedly had with a group of friends at a dinner party:

Professor Albert Einstein was asked by friends at a recent dinner party what new weapons might be employed in World War III. Appalled at the implications, he shook his head.

After several minutes of meditation, he said. “I don’t know what weapons might be used in World War III. But there isn’t any doubt what weapons will be used in World War IV.”

“And what are those?” a guest asked.

“Stone spears,” said Einstein.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OurDayWillCome said:

The inane waffle from remainers and the media pandering to their patheticness - that was beyond tedious. THIS bollocks... I now detest an ever increasing proportion of the population! How did we get to such an insane level of retardedness? I feel broken, not by the virus, but by my lack of desire to engage with a country full of morons :-(

The only people I really want to have contact with are my children, everyone else can **** off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

The internet should have been kept within its controlled box.

If you want to use the internet then you should have to book in advance a half hour slot at your local library costing £10

I grew up with the Internet, though didn't get access until the early 90s but I knew it was there from the early days. I don't remember any time when there wasn't the endless endless struggle to defeat people who knew better than everyone else and wanted to make rules for who could do what. 

Yes Facebook is shit but you don't have to go there, it's not The Internet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

I grew up with the Internet, though didn't get access until the early 90s but I knew it was there from the early days. I don't remember any time when there wasn't the endless endless struggle to defeat people who knew better than everyone else and wanted to make rules for who could do what. 

Yes Facebook is shit but you don't have to go there, it's not The Internet. 

I don't need to go there (or to Twitter, various messaging apps, Mumsnet) because it is all widely reported as being actual news in the national press.

Look at the recent Dominic Cummings witchhunt; various celebs, MPs and ex-MPs vomiting forth their dislike of Dom reported as news.

I may have zero interest in what Piers Morgan thinks about a particular story but if I read that story then I am going to be informed about his view as though he is some representative voice rather than oen of their cosy media chums.  And they're not even going to him to solicit his views; he is pumping them out upon Twitter so that the journo can cut and paste them.

In many ways these Tweets are making the stories: "Fury at" "Anger with" "Outrage at" because one utter bellend has posted a Tweet saying how they have had an emotional meltdown because somebody was not the full 6'6" away from them in a supermarket.

These social media platforms give voices to many but it's the ones who over-react the most that are cherry picked by the press and reported widely so it's their stupid opinions that are reported as public reaction.

:PissedOff:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tim Pool made a great point in a recent video.

Given two news sites,  one presenting straight, factual news of current events, and another which focuses on ideologically slanted opinion pieces, ad hominems and intersectional victim politics,  the latter will garner more  social media shares, a larger audience, and therefore higher ad revenues.

Furthermore, these articles articles and videos will be recognised by the search engines and YouTube as more popular, and therefore be promoted above the boring but factual content.

As commercial entities, news outlets are bound to produce content that makes the most profit.  It's built in to the system.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

It was always this way. What’s changed is that the spasticated retards now have a platform to get their cretinous views widely published. Have you noticed how many articles and TV news reports are effectively a write up of someone latest social media excrescences? Go back ten years and the fucktards you’re talking about were constrained to forums like this and rarely influenced the MSM. As of today, particularly with revenues plummeting, journalists being laid off and the lock down the amount of real, independently researched news is minuscule. 

I did see that ABC Newspaper circulation numbers will no longer be published. 
 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52754762

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Panther said:

I propose that all Twitter content gets rendered in a green scrawl, like the old days of nutters writing in green biro.

It used to take a bit of dedication to do that sort of stuff. You had to cut the letters out of newspapers and then stick them on a bit of paper. Twitter just makes it easy for nutters to crayon their opinions. All these outlets need content so they are happy for all submissions no matter how barking. 

Edited by Virgil Caine
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By TheBlueCat
      My cycle route to work goes past a lot of apartment blocks and other housing. Over the years I’ve seen the depressing site of an ambulance (usually with a fire engine indicating it was an emergency call) picking up some old person on a gurney. Some were probably dead but most were not (but soon would be). After seeing another one this morning it occurred to me that this is probably the path to death that the largest proportion of people take. I can count half a dozen from my own family for example. The problem is that it’s so fucking miserable.
      So, how best to bypass the few horrific days in hospital prior to death that usually follows the early morning ambulance pick up? Even better now to avoid the pick up entirely?
    • By Carl Fimble
      "Giving the gift"
      "Getting the gift"
      "Bug chasers"
       
      Ok, so this is the worst thing I have ever heard I think, ever!
      It's really fucked up and disturbing, and I would recommend you don't listen to this Mister Metokur video. Basically people trying to get, and give AIDS, worse even than it sounds though.
      Awful, and absolutely not safe for work, or anywhere really.
      Almost unbelievable, if it wasn't for the world being so topsy turvy I wouldn't believe it. I pray it isn't real but suspect it is.
       
      NSFW !!!!
       
       
      NSFW !!!!
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...