DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Localised Lockdowns, how you gonna act?

Posted (edited)

As i have been pointing out for sometime now, the plan going forward is to lockdown hotspot towns and cities whenever there is a Covid 19 flare up. 

I believe there will also be serious discrimination based on your serology status with the introduction of "immunity passports" based on antibody test results. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/britain-local-lockdowns-tackle-areas-22090848

Will all be briefed out later today. by the health secretary. 

So.......

How do you feel about being ordered into quarantine by private security company staff from G4S & Serco running the test track & trace programme? 

How do you feel about the introduction of facial recognition to the NHS app "neccasary for an immunity passport" ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52807414

How will you feel about people flying into the UK and brits holidaying down the med whilst your town is locked down? would this be fair? 

I'm of the opinion "we are all locked down or no-one is locked down" after all we're all in this together right? 

Edited by WorkingPoor
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lockdown is a farce. Considering they STILL havent implemented any controls over airports and imported cases, then its not a lockdown. You can judge the seriousness of how to take your lock in, b

I draw the line at getting involved in any track and trace operations. There is no obligation for me under common law to carry a phone around with me, just as there is no obligation for me to car

1) If any lockdown is like the last and the legislation is the same, it won't affect me much.  My life in England contracted from a 40 mile radius to a 10 mile radius and, apart from 2 friends and dif

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

As i have been pointing out for sometime now, the plan going forward is to lockdown hotspot towns and cities whenever there is a Covid 19 flare up. 

I believe there will also be serious discrimination based on your serology status with the introduction of "immunity passports" based on antibody test results. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/britain-local-lockdowns-tackle-areas-22090848

Will all be breifed out later today. by the health secretary. 

So.......HOW YOU GONNA ACT? 

1) How do you feel about being ordered into quarantine by private security company staff from G4S & Serco running the test track & trace programme? 

2) How do you feel about the introduction facial recognition to the NHS app "nessacary for immunity passport" ?

3) I'm of the opinion "we are all locked down or no-one is locked down" afrer all we're all in this together right? 

1) If any lockdown is like the last and the legislation is the same, it won't affect me much.  My life in England contracted from a 40 mile radius to a 10 mile radius and, apart from 2 friends and different scenery that is special to me at certain times of year, everything I need  to cope with shithole Britain can be found in the 10 mile radius that is my little nirvana. I will consider G4S and Serco officials as scum and the fact they exist will anger me if I think about them.

2) No concerns about facial recognition in the app. More concerend about the smartphone app in the first place.

3) No, I don't see that we should all be locked down, much as you seem to want to develop as much anger among people as possible. We are not all in it together. According to data, I'm much less likely to suffer complications than a Covid19 vulnerable person because I bother to make the effort to keep a check of my weight and eat healthily. People that can't be bothered to lead a healthy life should not impact me.

I'm curious how partial lockdowns will work however. International travel will return. You are booked to travel and then somewhere within the geofenced area you are placed inside becomes a hotspot and you are locked down. Makes planning very difficult.

We really need to just lockdown the vulnerable and let Covid19 rip.

I've accepted that my life expectancy is probably reduced to 70, so I have 15 years left. I may get more but I'm not banking on it.

I'm very glad I quit the rat race at 50 and won't be retirng at 67.

The fact that my last 15 years could be blighted by,

i) Individuals that have no understanding of science - yes, I'm looking at you Matt Hancock and any equally, unqualified successor

ii) People that won't take responsibility for their health

Pisses me off more than anything.

Edited by Hopeful
Posted (edited)

Good point on planning and booking travel / holidays, that'll really piss people off if their location gets locked down. Their travel insurance wont cover financial loss due to Covid 19. 

Things are going get very harsh for some people in some areas, whilst the rest enjoy the "sunny uplands" 

Edited by WorkingPoor
18 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

That's what it comes down to as Japan, Sweden, Mexico etc. have demonstrated. Although open to the idea of short term temporary restrictions to 'flatten the curve', I'm increasingly convinced that the lockdown killed a significant excess (in the thousands) by unspecified causes on top of the covid-19 deaths in the UK April spike.

Lockdowns make it look like the authorities are doing something and protect the sensibilities of those that who are not familiar with confronting their own mortality. Localised lockdowns are just going to employ and empower another army of clipboard Karens, cost a load of money, red pill even more citizens and generate negative headlines for the authorities as the G4S thugs do their thing.

Just now, Bear Hug said:

Is this true? I'd go anywhere if a discount is big enough! 

https://www.traveller.com.au/coronavirus-and-travel-japan-to-offer-subsidised-flights-to-tourists-h1obl0

Also

Sicily recently offered to subsidise some of the costs of travelling there; paying for half of the airline ticket plus some hotel accommodation.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hopeful said:

It is odd that all these so called clever Oxbridge, adviser, etc types who like to go around telling you "you're asking the wrong question" didn't see Italy, etc and think maybe there was some sort of dynamic at work here and recommend locking down the 10% or whatever rather than the 100%.  Not me obviously because I'm a pleb and they're clever, which I know because they tell me.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing?  I thought that defines a wonderfully clever person though!

Edited by Harley
44 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Japan is offering to pay half your air fare if you go there this year.

Haven't been out of the UK for going on thirty years now but always thought Japan looks cool, although the summer humidity sounds like the stuff of horror being a round eye built for the northern lands. That kid that did a youtube diary travelling through Iran on a moped made a good pitch for that country although I guess it will be of the menu for a while with the neo-cons wanting to start a war there.

25 minutes ago, Harley said:

It is odd that all these so called clever Oxbridge, adviser, etc types who like to go around telling you "you're asking the wrong question" didn't see Italy, etc and think maybe there was some sort of dynamic at work here and recommend locking down the 10% or whatever rather than the 100%.  Not me obviously because I'm a pleb and they're clever, which I know because they tell me.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing?  I thought that defines a wonderfully clever person though!

Or even strongly recommending that the vulnerable stay at home and offering financial and practical assistance where necessary and letting them make their own decision, like adults in  a free country.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

You'd need a list of who was vulnerable.
Some people would like to be vulnerable.

Cheaper than the alternative.  A lot cheaper.  And more practical and effective (especially if (but not only if) this herd immunity is true), at least as a starter.  Could always ramp up if needed, rather than try and ramp down from the carnage, as currently.  Aka, "arse about face"!

PS:  We had an unresolved issue about all sorts of alleged "vulnerable" people before CV!

Edited by Harley
Just now, Harley said:

Cheaper than the alternative.  A lot cheaper.  And more practical and effective (especially if (but not only if) this herd immunity is true), at least as a starter.  Could always ramp up if needed, rather than try and ramp down from the carnage, as currently.  Aka, "arse about face"!

Apart from Wales sent 13000 unvulnerable people letters to self isolate and the vulnerable got ignored.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52283236

Coronavirus: 13,000 shielding letters in Wales go to wrong addresses