DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The Not Coping Well With This Shit Thread

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^^^^ Thank you all for your comments. Some made me laugh too. I’m feeling better today. I had a nice FaceTime chat with my daughter last night. I’m not going to drink because my kids would hat

The attempts to drag this crisis out when it's been evident for weeks that it's all over bar (literally) the shouting - for now - is pissing me off more than anything.

Sadly I don't think that's going to  happen. The pandemic response will become like 'climate change', ie, a web of manipulated and politicised data, models, opinions etc all mixed into a toxic fog so

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Melchett said:

It all seems so pointless if all there is is work, eat, sleep, lift weights and drink myself into a stupor.

Have you tried dancing when drinking ? So far since lockdown started i have nailed the moonwalk, side glide, various hip hop / popping moves and some basic tap dancing. There are loads of tutorials on youtube (i recommend Mihran K)

1 hour ago, Melchett said:

A safe space for us to let it all out and share hugz over our growing alcohol problem, growing waistline, suicidal ideation, family rows, the body we’ve just chopped up and dropped off in hedgerows around town (working on making a GPS trace of a giant penis out of the locales of the little packages).

I’ll  start. Too much booze, I’m actually one of those who is otherwise losing weight and toning up though. A fair bit too much passive aggressiveness and the body is under the undug bit of my allotment. Oh and I want to jack it all in. Not just work. All of it. It all seems so pointless if all there is is work, eat, sleep, lift weights and drink myself into a stupor.

Don't be too hard on yourself

I've seen worse

This thread is not too bad

yet

1 hour ago, Melchett said:

A safe space for us to let it all out and share hugz over our growing alcohol problem, growing waistline, suicidal ideation, family rows, the body we’ve just chopped up and dropped off in hedgerows around town (working on making a GPS trace of a giant penis out of the locales of the little packages).

I’ll  start. Too much booze, I’m actually one of those who is otherwise losing weight and toning up though. A fair bit too much passive aggressiveness and the body is under the undug bit of my allotment. Oh and I want to jack it all in. Not just work. All of it. It all seems so pointless if all there is is work, eat, sleep, lift weights and drink myself into a stupor.

I'm at that happy point where drinking makes me fall asleep so self policing!

23 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

this guy got away with drawing a giant buttock in the sky and calling it a smiley face, heard him doing it, noisy bugger

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/cheltenham-news/man-who-made-many-people-4165647

Three planes yesterday. FUCKING HELL THEY'RE NOISY, WHY DO WE PUT UP WITH THIS NOISE POLLUTION.

:)

I've reduced the amount. It wasn't at an excessive level at all, just too frequent. (4 nights a week rather than 1 or 2)

Frankly i'm enjoying lockdown - but with one caveat- I do miss the gym. ... I was pretty well prepped for everything, save a decent barbel and weights set - gutted.. had just hit my goal of 10 reps at 100kg before lockdown, and now i'll be all the way in the 70's & 80's I suspect when we open up. Did look at buying some but prices had gone stupid (over £1k) so just decided to suck it up and train hard when allowed back in

I never followed advice about not driving anywhere when that was on anyway, and I work from home - so the only thing i really noticed was that my online sales businesses went up nicely, and i could drive around without any other git on the roads. It was like a little bit of heaven.

I had got into pretty good shape via daily CrossFit workouts. Body and mind suffering without them now. Concern about job security and economic impact over next few years starting to manifest. Should be in Sicily now for a family holiday. We are all getting hit with a double whammy of extra stress and no release mechanisms.

Never worked harder and with more focus.  Slim and tanned.  My partner even more so and never been more attractive (even in baggy clothes!).  I'm at that happy point where I fall asleep after one drink so it's self policing!  Of course, we could have gone off the deep end already and not know it.  Wonder if a friend would turn up and tell us how we really are as opposed to what we think!   

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Would you like to come round mine and dig a nice trench for my tomatoes? about 6 foot long, 2 foot wide, 6 foot deep should do it?

I'll supply the shovel.

I'm scared..........will that pass media scrutiny!

PS:  No such thing as a shit thread on DOSBODS!

Edited by Harley
30 minutes ago, Southmartin said:

Frankly i'm enjoying lockdown - but with one caveat- I do miss the gym. ... I was pretty well prepped for everything, save a decent barbel and weights set - gutted.. had just hit my goal of 10 reps at 100kg before lockdown, and now i'll be all the way in the 70's & 80's I suspect when we open up. Did look at buying some but prices had gone stupid (over £1k) so just decided to suck it up and train hard when allowed back in

I never followed advice about not driving anywhere when that was on anyway, and I work from home - so the only thing i really noticed was that my online sales businesses went up nicely, and i could drive around without any other git on the roads. It was like a little bit of heaven.

I got the home gym just before the prices went mental.

Did take three weeks to arrive though.

My garden now looks like a prison yard with the lads working out in the sunshine. The eldest is pressing 100 but the younger only manages 90. Give him a few weeks of this though....

Complete opposite here. We're way ahead on the work front compared to usual (and I'm going back at least 10 years). As things stand we get to the end of June and then drop down to 1/3 to 1/2 time for the summer. We have earned enough already to get us through to winter. Therefore work pressure way down. Fitness up as we've had more time and now training (indoor bike and online exercise classes at least three times a week). Not drinking any more or less than usual. Saving lots of money by not eating out. Enjoying cooking at home again and also growing vegetables/fruit. The covid event has given us the opportunity to focus on our retirement plans which are now tantalisingly close. Unless something goes wrong I should be retired in my 50's (which was always the plan :D)

The only downside is some uncertainty with our house sale but we are not panicking yet. Also the inability to physically meet up with our grown up children. We saw them the weekend before the lockdown but not since. They are both moving rented houses at the end of June so we are travelling up to help them with that (regardless of any government rules).

I am not worried about catching the virus. Selfishly speaking from what I have gathered the risk of a serious infection is very low. I will not be wearing a mask or gloves and I am going out and about with zero fear. Saying that I do not relish the thought of a business trip to London and using the tube. I might be 'scared' enough to avoid those trips in the future.

I've stopped watching MSN although I do log into the BBC website now and then for a chuckle. I think that Mr Cummings is doing a terrific job with the country.

That is all.

9 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Not the same show at all....

But an interesting juxtaposition! Its' never occured to me before. Very funny. xD

I know, but you never know!  Sense of humour follows loss of taste?

But, are you really an Essex boy?  Norf or Sayth?  Preferablely Sayth East!

Love me Essex I do.