DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Well I put on 5kgs during the 2 month lockdown. Largely down to stress snacking brought on by teleworking and at the same time joining an entirely new project.

So I'm on a diet :-(

First days have been tough, I can self identify with Biafrans, I feel their pain.

Basically nothing too drastic but 1 small slice of toast in the morning instead of 2 or 3. No mid morning coffee and biscuit break.

Normal lunch with small desert

No 4pm biscuit break

Evening meal

No midday glass of wine, just water.

But apparently you need to be on a 500-1000 calorie / day deficit to lose weight so I'll have to keep doing sport.

36 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

Well I put on 5kgs during the 2 month lockdown. Largely down to stress snacking brought on by teleworking and at the same time joining an entirely new project.

First days have been tough, I can self identify with Biafrans, I feel their pain.

Basically nothing too drastic but 1 small slice of toast in the morning instead of 2 or 3. No mid morning coffee and biscuit break.

No 4pm biscuit break

Evening meal

But apparently you need to be on a 500-1000 calorie / day deficit to lose weight so I'll have to keep doing sport.

Didn't you post pictures of yourself doing famous Tour de France ascents?

2 or 3 weekends of that and a slight reduction in food/alcohol input will get rid of 5kg pronto.

I've put on 2kg, but as soon as I can walk at altitude I'm expecting to get rid.

27 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I did post one last year, a Giro ascent. It is a question of time though. Sport takes a long time so I'm combining it with an improved diet, which I've never really tried before. I would like to get a bit lower than my usual weight of 82kg, Maybe stabilize a bit under 80 but that is pie in the sky at the moment.

I've put on nearly 8kg and I was overweight to begin with. I'm not continental but I am too lazy to explore how to reconfigure my bluetooth scales so kg will have to do.

To be fair I was doing well losing it before lockdown with basically a low-carb Atkins diet. I got a cheapo China ketolyser (which is identical to a cheapo alcohol breathalyser) and within a few days was blowing 0.02 (anything from 0.01 to 0.04 means burning ketones instead of food thus losing fat.)

My piece of good luck though was some inexpensive weights I bought from Aldi in January to use when I couldn't be arsed driving to the gym. Very lucky break considering gyms now of course closed.

I'm one of those lucky cunts who can get away with eating what I like pretty much without weight consequence.

I know I have put a bit on in the last two months though as my belt buckle is expanded a notch. Not sure how much as I don't have any scales.

I've not had the level of excercise that I would do as swimming is my thing as I have a back problem that I can get by with but always end up injuring so things like running and the gym are not an option.

I have being gorging on food though as I enjoy cooking.

As some of you may have guessed, I've not exactly been holding back on the booze either with My Beautiful Pubs being shut.

Would have been interesting to know what the before and after numbers were though.

I bet a few gains are widespread across the country and I'm sure it can come off relatively quickly in most cases.

I put on ~7lbs in the first 3 weeks, mostly from additional alcohol and nuts. I managed to stabilize that with more exercise, I'm running ~15miles a week now as well as some strength exercises. Weight has stayed the same, but body composition is improving, so hoping to continue the same regime, but it's going to be much harder when I have less free time.

2 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

No 4pm biscuit break

Evening meal

Christ, you are taking this seriously.  o.O  good luck. 

Posted (edited)

I'm as skinny as ever, but I've just coninued my regimen of cooking all my own meals. Been quite strict as ever, though eating more eggs and chicken to keep my protein up a bit. Not a drinker which also helps.

I get the impression a lot of people are relying more and more on deliveroo carry outs which will add to the waistline.

I get out for a walk an hour a day but beyond this I can't seem to find the time to do additional exercise i.e. weights which is annoying. Can't do weights at night as it leads to insomnia and I find myself too busy during the day between work, cooking, and housework.

Edited by JoeDavola
43 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Lost 10lbs since start of lockdown. No running kids to/from school or sports/music training leaves me much more time for exercise and cooking healthier food.

Well done. I'm riding a 10 mile loop on my bike most days. Weight is fairly stable at 88 or 89 kg. I really could do with being 80kg. I am going to do a dry June, as I feel the beers are probably the main issue.

But I really really like beer.😰

21 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I'm as skinny as ever, but I've just coninued my regimen of cooking all my own meals. Been quite strict as ever, though eating more eggs and chicken to keep my protein up a bit. Not a drinker which also helps.

I get the impression a lot of people are relying more and more on deliveroo carry outs which will add to the waistline.

I get out for a walk an hour a day but beyond this I can't seem to find the time to do additional exercise i.e. weights which is annoying. Can't do weights at night as it leads to insomnia and I find myself too busy during the day between work, cooking, and housework.

Housework, what's that? About a minute a day cleaning a baking tray for its next use... 

My younger son took a picture of the wife and I when we were out for a walk on Tuesday. When we got home we looked at the picture and she wanted me to delete it because she felt she looked fat in it. I said “no, I look all toned and muscular in it”.

Later that afternoon she went to the supermarket and bought me absolutely tons of “treat food”: bags of chilli pistachios and bags of honeyed peanuts, and bars of chocolate and nougat. All my favourites.

I have just noticed that she is now dieting hard.

Posted (edited)
On 27/05/2020 at 14:39, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I took your advice and rode my bicycle up to the Col de Petit St Bernard. No dogs on the col but a very nice young girl in what looked like a nightie who took my photo for me. She'd driven up in a sports car. It was about 12C at the pass and snow everywhere but she didn't seem to notice.

Edited by Dave Bloke
3 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

I took your advice and rode my bicycle up to the Col de Petit St Bernard. No dogs on the col but a very nice young girl in what looked like a nightie who took my photo for me. She'd driven up in a sports car. It was about 12C at the pass and snow everywhere but she didn't seem to notice.

As ccc has suggested or at least implied, a pic please! One of you is alright but her is better, we already know you look like a fairly fit fiftyish bloke with a big nose! (much like myself in fact)