• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Dogtania

Escape from LA

Just saw this looks pretty lawless but I'm sure this is isolated.  

Was a black lives matter protest, a few whitie's too...strangely they are the only ones crazy enough to sit on a patrol car..one guy didn't judge it well.

Posted (edited)

Look at the dude who decided to ride the police car for a few meters hamming it up like a footballer with a bruised shin when he lands lightly lands on the ground. Wonder how long he 'played dead' for....until the camera man yelled 'cut'?

Just a bunch of losers and thugs who want an excuse to smash something up, and would crumble if an actual fight was brought to them.

Edited by JoeDavola

17 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Regardless of the spread of the protests it seems that the initial cause, the murder of a man under arrest in Minnesota, is yet another example of psycho cops in the US.  

Yes.  There does seem to be a lot of them behaving badly.

You see the same with US airport security / customs staff.  Towering arrogance and bad attitudes a plenty.

I've not experienced their high handedness but a relative did; he was separated from his wife for hours and she was told nothing about what was going on.

It was a straightforward case of mistaken identity, there was a wanted conman with the same name from the same city, but there was no politeness and no attempt to reassure his wife.

They never went to the US again.

We saw similar in the earlier police video of the "jogger" where the first policeman was reasonable but the second's first thought was to attempt to Taser somebody who was presenting no threat.

I'm sure that there are a small number of British police who are similar but generally they are not regarded as "the enemy" by non-criminals; that does seem to be their role in the US.

Forget our "policing by consent" this is policing by threat and occasionally lethal force.

The odd Black Lives Matter protest is a nonsense in the UK but in the US they may have a point.  Their police require reining in.

29 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Regardless of the spread of the protests it seems that the initial cause, the murder of a man under arrest in Minnesota, is yet another example of psycho cops in the US.  

completely agree.  I've interacted with cops in many western nations, and the yanks seem to have a higher level of unsuitables, in my view.

15 minutes ago, wherebee said:

completely agree.  I've interacted with cops in many western nations, and the yanks seem to have a higher level of unsuitables, in my view.

UK cops seem to be just as unsuitable, only for a different reason.

More interest in pride marches and rainbow flags than police work.

There is apparently almost 9 minutes of video before and leading up to his death. I just watched a bit of it on the Hannity show and George Floyd is not resisting in any way.

I have no idea how it went to him being co-operative when cuffed to ending up on the floor - not seen that part of the video, if it even exists.

55 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Yep - I have a disdain for both the cops in question and the types of protesters in that video, as odd as it seems.

First time I passed through customs in the US the customs officer was really nasty for no reason at all. I think he was actually trying to get a rise out of me or something so he could exercise his authority in some way (perhaps involving a rubber glove). I can see why such experiences, and worse, would cause people to say "fuck that" and not holiday in the US any more.

7 minutes ago, wherebee said:

UK cops are light years away from 30 years ago.  I'd now see them as a mix of idiots, and weaklings, lead by political cowards who will approve any action as long as it doesn't threaten their pension.  

every single cop in the UK needs sacking and reapplying for their job.  If they can't run 1 mile without stopping, and can't subdue someone single handed, they are not fit for duty.

I passed some cops on the street yeserday.

Two of the blokes were overweight and didn't look like they could run the length of themselves, and there was a third woman cop who looked like she weighed all off 100lbs and looked like a little girl who had dressed up as a policeman for fancy dress.

If these 3 came up against any real physical force they were truly fucked. Thankfully it was 3 cops against one skinny smackhead who could barely stand let alone fight.

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Yep - I have a disdain for both the cops in question and the types of protesters in that video, as odd as it seems.

First time I passed through customs in the US the customs officer was really nasty for no reason at all. I think he was actually trying to get a rise out of me or something so he could exercise his authority in some way (perhaps involving a rubber glove). I can see why such experiences, and worse, would cause people to say "fuck that" and not holiday in the US any more.

I think a lot of people entering the US have stories of rude, or worse, customs staff. I suppose it is a thankless and relentless job - people keep on coming - plus there seems to be a bit of 'US is best' arrogance combined with a narrow world view. Perhaps all US customs staff should be forced to travel to foreign countries for a 2 week holiday before beginning their jobs.

Canadian customs seem a lovely bunch though. I have only seen them on the TV shows but they seem to have enormous patience even when faced with idiots. Maybe that is partly because the idiots often come from the US or China - the 2 countries that Canada is most dependent upon economically.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I passed some cops on the street yeserday.

Two of the blokes were overweight and didn't look like they could run the length of themselves, and there was a third woman cop who looked like she weighed all off 100lbs and looked like a little girl who had dressed up as a policeman for fancy dress.

If these 3 came up against any real physical force they were truly fucked. Thankfully it was 3 cops against one skinny smackhead who could barely stand let alone fight.

Time for another rummage around in the police memes folder

https://webmshare.com/AWbYA

edit: dammit, what's the best way of embedding .webms on here?

Edited by Boglet

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I think a lot of people entering the US have stories of rude, or worse, customs staff. I suppose it is a thankless and relentless job - people keep on coming - plus there seems to be a bit of 'US is best' arrogance combined with a narrow world view. Perhaps all US customs staff should be forced to travel to foreign countries for a 2 week holiday before beginning their jobs.

Canadian customs seem a lovely bunch though. I have only seen them on the TV shows but they seem to have enormous patience even when faced with idiots. Maybe that is partly because the idiots often come from the US or China - the 2 countries that Canada is most dependent upon economically.

I have been to the USA quite often maybe 40 times in the last two years, I have honestly never had an issue going into the USA. closest we came when as a family they forgot to admit my son on the computer after stamping his passport but that was all sorted in a few seconds once the guy came racing after us to borrow the passport again.

I flew to Vegas and the plane was full of celtic supporters, I have never seen people so drunk customs were even great with them, I think the last few years they have been on a charm offensive 

Edited by ad_ceng

I've been taken aside at passport control at LAX before, sent to a waiting room where I sat for a couple of hours (and not allowed to use your phone etc) for some guy to have a chat with me for 10 mins, for god knows what reason. Don't really remember, I was half asleep at that point.

Mrs was left outside to wander around with no idea WTF was going on.

10 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

I have been to the USA quite often maybe 40 times in the last two years, I have honestly never had an issue going into the USA.

I haven't been there that many times. Please put it on the BRAGGING thread.  Airport staff can be a bit humourless.

I thought LA was Louisiana where I got spectacularly drunk.

9 minutes ago, Boglet said:

I've been taken aside at passport control at LAX before, sent to a waiting room where I sat for a couple of hours (and not allowed to use your phone etc) for some guy to have a chat with me for 10 mins, for god knows what reason. Don't really remember, I was half asleep at that point.

Mrs was left outside to wander around with no idea WTF was going on.

They were watching you on CCTV.

"What's he doing now?"

"I think he is summoning the dark forces of the underworld... or he has fallen asleep."

Just now, Knickerless Turgid said:

We may have met then (not that I would remember)!

1998 I think. I would have been the one in the pith helmet and Union Jack t-shirt.