DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Diary of a house sale....post covid

Sasquatch

sleepwello'nights
11 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

I think there are plenty of people out there all over the U.K. who would be willing to buy houses in all price ranges.......if only they had the money!

or a mortgage. :(

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

or a mortgage. :(

Yes, most folk need a mortgage to buy and a deposit.

Sadly it’s getting harder for younger people to achieve buying a house due to high rents and stagnant pay for many. 

4 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Sold!

Split the difference so £20K off in the end.

Hopefully I won't be reporting that they have pulled out in 3 days time.

Never sold until you're exchanged... Careful now. Don't spend it all just yet. 

9 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Never sold until you're exchanged... Careful now. Don't spend it all just yet. 

Don't worry. I'm a cynical bugger. My wife told me to lighten up today as I was being too negative and to stop hitting her with those negative waves man. 

4 minutes ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

I like the sound of the brown boobies!

Sounds cheap. You couldn't get a 1 room flat in merthyr for that price in the UK 😂

14 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

It's like mumsnet round here 🤣🤣🤣

Good luck. 

I've not looked but I can imagine they are going ballistic on the property threads there 😂😂

crashmonitor
3 hours ago, Green Devil said:

I've not looked but I can imagine they are going ballistic on the property threads there 😂😂

To cheer everybody on here up a bit, our chain might be in trouble. Everybody ready to move ( including stuff gone to storage) and should have happened Friday..now radio silence from the first time buyer leaving the four parties above in limboxD. Past caring really, happy to stay, happy to go. No food in the house, appliances disconnected, most of contents in storage. Good job we are at sister- in - laws looking after dog.

8 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

To cheer everybody on here up a bit, our chain might be in trouble. Everybody ready to move ( including stuff gone to storage) and should have happened Friday..now radio silence from the first time buyer leaving the four parties above in limboxD. Past caring really, happy to stay, happy to go. No food in the house, appliances disconnected, most of contents in storage. Good job we are at sister- in - laws looking after dog.

Best of luck! It's a truly horrible nerve wracking experience trying to move house in this country. 

1 hour ago, crashmonitor said:

Probably hoping for a discount along the chain. If you're the end of the chain, you may have to take it up the arse 😂

2 hours ago, Green Devil said:

Probably hoping for a discount along the chain. If you're the end of the chain, you may have to take it up the arse 😂

Probably been to fuck off by the bank.

21 hours ago, spygirl said:

Probably been to fuck off by the bank.

I'm pretty sure noone issues notices of sale these days without at least an agreement in principal in place.

Valuation survey booked in for Tuesday. So far things are progressing well. My wife is exchanging text messages with the buyers. They are dead keen to move as soon as possible partly because they are working from home in a small house at the moment and partly because they are worried about winter lockdowns buggering up the moving process. We sent back the property forms immediately. The weak link is likely to be the buyer's solicitor. They need to crack on with the searches.

Not a lot of rented property available at the moment. We're hoping that changes or we'll be living under the local canal bridge with spiced up neighbours.

Searches due back today or Monday. 2 week turnaround which is pretty impressive. Just shows what you can do with motivated buyers and sellers and efficient solicitors. The buyers solicitor has received the contract and has raised some queries. The mortgage offer is likely to be the last piece in the jigsaw - apparently at least another 10 days before that will be with our buyers. We don't think the LTV is particularly high though so hopefully that will help. Bizarrely we might be in a position to exchange by the end of the month which would only be 6 weeks from offer. I hadn't expected this. We don't have a rental property lined up yet O.o

We've got a strange housing market where we live. We have seen two detached 4 bed houses come on to the market and sell instantly (£550,000 to £600,000). These two being on very desirable roads and presumably selling to cash buyers. Lots of other properties are not selling and we are seeing price drops, even after only 1 month on the market. I think the marketplace in our area will be pretty dead by the winter.

On 19/08/2020 at 14:18, Sasquatch said:

Sold!

Split the difference so £20K off in the end.

Hopefully I won't be reporting that they have pulled out in 3 days time.

Sale agreed.

10 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Thanks for the clarification....I think!

You're welcome.

Its not sold til youve got this money.

I say this as, locally, I get tired of the same places being 'sold' several times over the last 15 years.

Loads have never sold once.

• 2 weeks later...

Buyers have had their survey back. A number of 'issues' have been listed and our buyers are popping round this evening to discuss. Everything still very friendly but I suspect they will be angling for money off. We don't want to lose the sale but equally I don't want to  get done up like a kipper.

Will report later.

Hope the discussion goes alright @Sasquatch :)

Trying to sell my late parents' house (3 bed ex-LA house). I have two elder sisters that I have mentioned in my topic in Stealth entitled "Family Feud" . The eldest L is alright but A (middle child) is a bit awkward. A initially got the ball rolling in instructing an estate agent because she's a bit of a Karen/Mumsnetter type that gets some sort of kick out of the house selling and buying process. She has thrown her toys out of the pram (again! Long story) and has passed responsibility to L and I. No firm offers of yet. Price dropped from £200k to £190k, has generated more interest.

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

Buyers have had their survey back. A number of 'issues' have been listed and our buyers are popping round this evening to discuss. Everything still very friendly but I suspect they will be angling for money off. We don't want to lose the sale but equally I don't want to  get done up like a kipper.

Will report later.

I had that 'treatment' on my last sale 10 years ago - Asbestos found. I told the guy that I'd already accepted his discounted offer and so I wouldn't discount any more. His wife did the rest!

Archived