DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Diary of a house sale....post covid

Sasquatch

Looks like that might be end of the first wave of viewings. Had 7 or 8 in total. General consenus seems to be the garden isn't big enough. 😢 Might need to sit on it a while or make a price reduction in a week or so. So much for the desperate purchasers, that's prolly the only thing wrong with the property, there are some fussy people out there. 

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Green Devil said:

Looks like that might be end of the first wave of viewings. Had 7 or 8 in total. General consenus seems to be the garden isn't big enough. 😢 Might need to sit on it a while or make a price reduction in a week or so. So much for the desperate purchasers, that's prolly the only thing wrong with the property, there are some fussy people out there. 

I'm one of those fussy people!

It will sell but you might need to drop the price get it done. We wouldn't have shifted ours without the reduction. 

3 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I'm one of those fussy people!

It will sell but you might need to drop the price get it done. We wouldn't have shifted ours without the reduction. 

I don't care if I can secure what I want. Pass the discount along the chain. Unfortunately the sort of thing I want to buy is hard to find and usually goes to bids. So no point in dropping the headline price at the moment. But prepared to negotiate. Interestingly the place I like had another viewing and another offer. The estate agent commented that the buyer is hoping to get a high % mortgage to finance which he seems to think are hard to get now. The market looks like the finance is becoming tougher to get. 

3 hours ago, Green Devil said:

Well the trail has gone dead. No offers from last week and the phone isnt ringing.

Looks like the market really is dead and ive missed the boat. 

Was it busy over the last few weeks?Which region are you in?

• 1 month later...
sleepwello'nights

At long last our buyer has exchanged. Well not until Monday technically, his solicitor received his deposit this afternoon but too late to pay it to our solicitor. Anyway the solicitors have confirmed with each other. 

Our seller has been informed and we're all set. We've booked our removal company, the earliest they can do is mid January. Whereas if  exchange had happened when we went and signed our contracts two weeks ago we would have been packed and on our way today. 

So I've now got to empty the garage, and force myself to discard the stuff I've kept that might come in useful one day. 

Its been a nerve wracking couple of weeks as questions from the buyer's solicitor kept cropping up making us think that the buyer might change his mind.  

Off to sunny? Cornwall in a few weeks time. Our new house is quite high up so no danger of being flooded if climate change continues :)

Archived