DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

BooHoo

spygirl

sancho panza
On 08/07/2020 at 17:51, haroldshand said:

I am as naive as many on this thread, a few years back I was seeing this wonderful lady who sadly had the scum drug dealing  gangster brother from hell who I suspected had a brilliant money laundering operation on the go as well in the Luton, Hitchin and Letchworth area. I never realised  what a huge low wage cash industry supported and topped up by welfare payments there was in the UK. Don't feel too sorry for many of those people you suspect are on £4 per hour, most of them are living better lives than those honestly earning £40,000 plus  per year

Take away food industry is full of uber low pay workers.ALso rife with moeny laundering,

• Agree 2

sancho panza
22 hours ago, gibbon said:

Import the 3rd world, become the 3rd world. Who'd have guessed?

They get fined, but they:

1. Don't give a shit.

2. Use a thousand different spellings of Mohammed.

3. Know that the vast majority of court/hmrc fines are never collected.

4. Know that bailiffs are scared shitless about collecting in areas with lots of Mo's and would rather go after weak targets like little old white women.

ANdrew Bridegn saying 1 in 8 in Leicester east is a modern day slave.....

As posters have said,there are a lot of people topping up bennies with £4 an hour, but also a lot of people being totally abused.

Leicester is run by Labour.The reason these people are allowed to be abused is because of teh connivance of Labour at various levels.

Edited by sancho panza
  • Agree 4

haroldshand
2 hours ago, sancho panza said:

As posters have said,there are a lot of people topping up bennies with £4 an hour, but also a lot of people being totally abused.

Leicester is run by Labour.The reason these people are allowed to be abused is because of teh connivance of Labour at various levels.

The image some Guardian readers might have of these "slave workers" are probably way off. Being on "slave wages" topped up with welfare can give a very nice comfortable lifestyle for many, I have seen it too often, throw a few babies into the mix as well and you have even more emotional currency.

I just wish this country did the most basic welfare payment  checks along with listing the sums of money some have claimed over a lifetime on welfare, there has to be loads that have taken  £millions out of the system and have f*** all wrong with them

• Agree 4

• 2 months later...

Scepticism as Boohoo bosses turn from fashion to Covid tests

Scientists worry about reliability and accuracy of a flood of private diagnostic kits

https://www.ft.com/content/2f6c4175-19e6-403e-ac7a-632d5df8fb5f

Yeeessss who associates anything from Leicester being - hygienic, trustworthy

Medusa 19, a biotech company created in March this year by Boohoo founders Richard Hughes and Mahmud Kamani, has started selling a test that works by users spitting into a tube and gives results in 10 minutes.

Gob-tech - applying the science of gobbing in the streets to Coivd ...

Avacta Group PLC - Wetherby, England-based pre-clinical stage biotechnology company - States it is not involved with the development of Medusa 19's Covid-19 antibody test. Issues clarification following information appearing on the Medusa 19 website regarding a SARS-CoV-2 antibody test on Friday, adding that performance figures appearing on Medusa 19' site relate to this antibody test and do not relate to Avacta's rapid SARS-CoV-2 antigen test.

• Informative 2

5 minutes ago, spunko said:

This Muz exploitation is rife, it's what they do in business. They even exploit their own grannies. 

For every boohoo there's probably five thousand companies getting away with it still.

I hope your not has anti paki has I am

hell I’ve even got a Mercian flag to hang off my house if the daft locals pester me to enter there local celebritions again .but to be fair they are moveing out a blacks are moveing in 

• Lol 3

27 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

hell I’ve even got a Mercian flag to hang off my house if the daft locals pester me to enter there local celebritions again .but to be fair they are moveing out a blacks are moveing in 

BLM mate BLM.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

9 hours ago, spunko said:

This Muz exploitation is rife, it's what they do in business. They even exploit their own grannies. 

For every boohoo there's probably five thousand companies getting away with it still.

In terms of bizzyness it tends to be limiting to curryhouses, taxis and clothing.

The othe busines tend to be illegal - heroin  smuggling, mass rape, murdering and feuding.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

9 hours ago, stokiescum said:

And this is it.

In he BBC eyes you are 'not London' so have limited exposure to other cultures like what Tarquin has,with his ethnic restaurant and nice illegal cleaning lady (much cheaper than the Mrs White...)

The realtiy is post industrial towns were stuff full of ethnic scum from the 70s.

The people living in those are well aware of what happen. And the BBC and South, as they dont get anywhere near the exposure bang on about diversity, whilst living in their white posh ghettoes.

And the people in Rotherham know that daft girls are being lifted off the streets in there 1000s and mass raped. Or the sudden disappearance when youg Aisha 'goes to see her family in Pakistan' and is never seen again.

• Agree 1

sleepwello'nights
3 hours ago, spygirl said:

In terms of bizzyness it tends to be limiting to curryhouses, taxis and clothing.

The othe busines tend to be illegal - heroin  smuggling, mass rape, murdering and feuding.

What about the dry cleaning businesses, you know for the money laundering 9_9

On 14/07/2020 at 14:07, sancho panza said:

Don't BOOHOO Get taken to court, asset stripped and imprisoned for slavery?

Or am i missing something?

10 hours ago, macca said:

Don't BOOHOO Get taken to court, asset stripped and imprisoned for slavery?

Or am i missing something?

Yes - there are people between Boohoo and the slaves to act as fall guys.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/07/2020 at 14:07, sancho panza said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/sep/25/boohoo-report-reveals-factory-fire-risk-among-supply-chain-failings

Levitt was also sharply critical of the authorities in Leicester and said: “If the law is not enforced, this sends a clear message that … the people affected do not matter.”

Leicester Labour MPs Liz Kendall, Jon Ashworth and Claudia Webbe issued a statement describing the findings as “unacceptable” and accused the government of “slashing the budgets of the very enforcement bodies that are supposed to keep workers safe”. They called on Lyttle to resign.

Andrew Bridgen, the Conservative MP for North West Leicestershire who has campaigned on the issue, said he had found Boohoo’s previous denials of issues in Leicester “laughable” and accused the company of “gaining huge commercial advantage” from turning a blind eye to conditions in the city.

Good old Labour, standing up for the downtrodden worker whilst the Cons side with evil factory owner....

• Agree 1

There's this boohoo song challenge doing the rounds on tik tok. I don't know if the company started this challenge, but it's a pretty clever marketing tool. I know Malibu Rum also tried this with their Coconut Challenge.

So yeh, get your brand viral on tik tok, which seems to be the new wave.

Edited by 201p
  • Informative 1

50 minutes ago, 201p said:

There's this boohoo song challenge doing the rounds on tik tok. I don't know if the company started this challenge, but it's a pretty clever marketing tool. I know Malibu Rum also tried this with their Coconut Challenge.

So yeh, get your brand viral on tik tok, which seems to be the new wave.

Watch those moves! It's about the clothes, the clothes. Oh this is for research purposes :)

ahh, makes me yearn for the good old days of the tidepod and freezing cold bucket of water in deep winter challenge, all those passing fads that disappeared overnight, those were the days, nostalgia aint what it used to be.

• Cheers 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-54509461

Insiders from within Leicester's textile industry told the BBC the demand for cheap clothes was fuelling fraudulent activity within the city.

With factories unable to make a profit from the low prices demanded by retailers, many suppliers were turning to VAT fraud.

Andrew Bridgen, Conservative MP for North West Leicestershire, said it was "absolutely endemic in huge swathes of the city".

"There are gangs of factory owners going around in brand new four-wheel drives and there are very, very poor exploited workers who are actually living in fear in the city, and you can feel it on the street," he said.

Again, thank God for those brave Labour MPs challenging the evil, fraudulent factory bosses.

The Cons should be ashamed, as they quaff sherry at the Conservative club with the owners.

• Agree 2

stop_the_craziness

I've just listened to that in the car on the way home tonight.  Was most surprised that such a story would make it onto the so-called BBC agenda these days.

On 26/09/2020 at 09:13, spygirl said:

landlords..allot of landlords round our way are asian..

• Agree 2