DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spygirl

• sancho panza

• leonardratso

• spunko

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s an interview in the Times today (which I can’t copy) with a chap running a clothes factory in Leicester who pays the minimum wage and actually puts the wages through the books. He mentions tha

I am as naive as many on this thread, a few years back I was seeing this wonderful lady who sadly had the scum drug dealing  gangster brother from hell who I suspected had a brilliant money laundering

One thing to come out of this is the realisation that pretty much all these neo fashion brands are owned or started by the Muz. Missguided, pretty little thing, boohoo, isawitfirst, Misspap, even

reformed nice guy
48 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

some sort of religion i wouldnt wonder.

They dont like bacon, thats the only similarity

• 3 weeks later...

So according to this article there is no such thing as bad news..

Papers report BooHoo Cloths made by slaves, sales go up!

Directors knew about low wages and bad working conditions, No crimes committed!

At this point i think the human race is done. The rich can do whatever they like..

Probably the MPs see nothing wrong with using the poor as cattle.. cant see what all the fuss is about, they paid them a couple of quid FFS

• 2 months later...
spygirl

Thisll be fun..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55974075

Online fashion firm Boohoo has told its Leicester-based suppliers that they must bring all clothes-making work in-house, either buying out or cutting ties with sub-contractors.

The demand has caused concern among some suppliers about how they will pay to hire new workers and rent space.

Boohoo has given them a deadline of 5 March to stop using outside labour.

The company says it is acting on recommendations of a highly critical report published last year.

Boohoo hired barrister Alison Levitt QC to investigate following concerns about worker welfare during the pandemic.

The report, published in September, said Boohoo had "capitalised on the commercial opportunities offered by lockdown" but took no responsibility for the consequences for those making the clothes they sold.

It recommended that "within six months Boohoo should reduce its approved suppliers to a list which contains a manageable number of companies, ideally without reducing capacity" with "the goal of reducing and ultimately eliminating sub-contracting."

Surely BooHoo should be doing the work inhouse instead???

stop_the_craziness
6 hours ago, spygirl said:

It recommended that "within six months Boohoo should reduce its approved suppliers to a list which contains a manageable number of companies, ideally without reducing capacity" with "the goal of reducing and ultimately eliminating sub-contracting."

There's many, many years of wriggle-room, pretending to improve things in that statement.  No mandatory actions and no deadline for completion of those actions.  Just a lot of should and aim to and reduce and maybe at some time in the future possibly try to do the right thing.

• 2 months later...