DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Just now, deathfunk said:

No problem with this. The quality of immigrant from Hong Kong is going to be much higher than Somalia or Afghanistan. Bravo!

Ideally we could do a swap with CCP - they can have 5 million of our muslim hillbillies and we will gladly have 300,000+++ of their Hong Kongers.

It's not the quality, it's the numbers and the lies from the government.

They will not stop the immigration.  For good or for bad, the concept of British or English is dying.

13 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

It's not the quality, it's the numbers and the lies from the government.

They will not stop the immigration.  For good or for bad, the concept of British or English is dying.

surely it's both?

We've been importing way too many people every year since 1998, but without any rules around the quality of them.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, deathfunk said:

For me, it is the quality.No problem with different races and I'm happy with the concept of Britishness evolving. I just don't want scum in my country.

Im happy with that if the infrastructure is in place ( it isn't ) and we can house our own people ( we can't ) and benefits  and access to the NHS aren't open to anyone on arrival ( they are ).

This is sensible, unless you have an entirely different agenda ( they have )

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Evidence we're not knuckle dragging racists on Dosbods on this thread, if we're going to have immigration we just want quality immigration. I'd have no problem with Hong Kongers coming in. Just a shame we can't get the lowlife Mirpuris/Somalis out that have infested most major towns and cities in the UK. They offer us nothing.

6 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

Evidence we're not knuckle dragging racists on Dosbods on this thread, if we're going to have immigration we just want quality immigration. I'd have no problem with Hong Kongers coming in. Just a shame we can't get the lowlife Mirpuris/Somalis out that have infested most major towns and cities in the UK. They offer us nothing.

Plus, Hong Kongers are incredible racist against blacks and indians.  trust me on that.  They won't give a fig about being called racist for speaking out about what low quality immigrants are doing.

win win

25 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I seem to remember back to 1997, the reason the HKers weren't offered full British passport, is preciseley because we didn't want all of HK turning up at Heathrow.

Yup.  It was the first sell-out: If fat Pangs deal with the CCP had been so great, why not give Hkers the chance for a British passport.  Instead they were happy to import hundreds of thousands of shitty ME and africans, as well as swathes of rapey pakistanis.

The situation with the whole 'British national overseas' is incredibly complicated -- I've no idea of how serious the consequences might be.

On the subject of the '300,000' -- I've no doubt that once people started coming over in earnest that there'd be wails of 'unfair' about families being split and the people left behind -- that number would soon be over 1 million.

23 minutes ago, dgul said:

The situation with the whole 'British national overseas' is incredibly complicated -- I've no idea of how serious the consequences might be.

On the subject of the '300,000' -- I've no doubt that once people started coming over in earnest that there'd be wails of 'unfair' about families being split and the people left behind -- that number would soon be over 1 million.

I don't know either. I used to work with a bloke from St.Helena. It's makes him British, but not UK, but he lives in Yorkshire. I don't think he will be "sent back".

12 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I don't know either. I used to work with a bloke from St.Helena. It's makes him British, but not UK, but he lives in Yorkshire. I don't think he will be "sent back".

But St Helena won't get invaded by anyone if we start making statements about allowing SaintHelenians to live in the UK.

I've no idea if they're from HK but there's been a definite uptick in Chinese round these parts in the last few years. I think peoples' attitudes may harden a bit if Canadian or OZ levels of Chinese started pouring in - as with anything immigration related, we can't seem to do anything in moderation. 

On 28/05/2020 at 16:47, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Thank god for the Coronavirus, there are probably 300,000 less people in the UK than there would have been without it.

Hang on, what's that you say....Hong Kong can move here....

Well, they're welcome to my `place`...after this whole Coronavirus debarcle I am planning my escape...in fact if they do move here it probably wont feel that much different to China taking over HK!

40 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

Well, they're welcome to my `place`...after this whole Coronavirus debarcle I am planning my escape...in fact if they do move here it probably wont feel that much different to China taking over HK!

Are they all bankers?

12 hours ago, maynardgravy said:

I've no idea if they're from HK but there's been a definite uptick in Chinese round these parts in the last few years. I think peoples' attitudes may harden a bit if Canadian or OZ levels of Chinese started pouring in - as with anything immigration related, we can't seem to do anything in moderation. 

They are tunnelling under the earth.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

There is no "need" for immigration; even "ponints based".

All that you require is a government that ensures enough people are trained, particularly doctors where there are current artificial limits, that benefits are at subsistence level, and that nobody is allowed to be on benefits when there is a local vacancy that they could reasonably fill and you then have a population that is both highly productive and self-sufficient.

We only "need" foreign labour for manual work because of the benefits system making it not worth British people doing such jobs and being able to make such a choice.

The ideal model is Japan with absolutely minimal immigration and a gently reducing population making the country that little bit better every day as nature has more space in which to grow.

True, but I wouldn't put a quota on new businesses and entrepreneurial types moving to the country. We desperately need to raise the tax base redress the GDP divergence from GDP per capita. 5th richest country in the world, 28th richest per capita. That must be among the worst disparity in the world.