DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Absentee Amnesty Thread

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've noticed that in this latter month of lockdown a few regulars haven't been posting; presumably owing to difficult personal situations. Rather than have threads going "Where is so and so?" it

I'm a bit bored of it, most of the damage is done now and it's clear the hysterics, either manipulated by the bankers/elites or not depending on how you see it, have won nearly everywhere except Swede

Thanks for checking in One percent. Good to see you are OK.   Let's hope everybody on here makes it through this awful time as unscathed as possible.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I've noticed that in this latter month of lockdown a few regulars haven't been posting; presumably owing to difficult personal situations.

Rather than have threads going "Where is so and so?" it would be appreciated if all of those not posting for whatever reason but still about and fine and will be back when whatever has been sorted out give a simple wave of hello here.

You are missed.

Cheers all.

Good thread Frank. I know that I’ve not been posting nearly as much. I’m putting it down to not wanting to rehash all the same cv stuff over and over. I’m guessing that some posters are feeling the same, they just want to avoid the madness. 

1 minute ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Thanks for checking in One percent.

Good to see you are OK.  :)

Let's hope everybody on here makes it through this awful time as unscathed as possible.

Im still posting. Not as much though and i see my rep count and therefore my piece rate has diminished. o.O  I feel part of the problem is that im just out of fucks to give. 

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I've noticed that in this latter month of lockdown a few regulars haven't been posting; presumably owing to difficult personal situations.

Rather than have threads going "Where is so and so?" it would be appreciated if all of those not posting for whatever reason but still about and fine and will be back when whatever has been sorted out give a simple wave of hello here.

Could some forum favourites be posting under unfamiliar names ?

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Perhaps folk are giving up on this forum because it is becoming very repetitive and boring..?

XYY

No, it isn't.

But the current monomania has engendered all manner of personal crises so I wanted to provide a simple thread for people to say "ads" ( = adsum  = I am here) without any attempt at navel-gazing that may be difficult at the current time.

For example my old deputy has gone off with stress; I would never have thought that he would be affected in that way but he has.  These are strange times.

28 minutes ago, One percent said:

Good thread Frank. I know that I’ve not been posting nearly as much. I’m putting it down to not wanting to rehash all the same cv stuff over and over. I’m guessing that some posters are feeling the same, they just want to avoid the madness. 

Some of us have been busy waiting for a skip. 

I've really switched off from the news. The DC stuff is mental. 

8 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Perhaps folk are giving up on this forum because it is becoming very repetitive and boring..?

XYY

Is this the fate of every forum? Like the popular club, which ends up empty after a few months?

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Is this the fate of every forum? Like the popular club, which ends up empty after a few months?

1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

No.

Wot Sarah said.

There is no lull.  Thsi forum is as interesting as it has ever been but some people have vanished.

I think that threads headed"Where is XXX?" put overmuch pressure upon people to return to normality so this is so that that they can say that they are fine but rather pre-occupied at the moment.

Though it has so far failed in that ambition as nobody has done so!

9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

No, it isn't.

But the current monomania has engendered all manner of personal crises so I wanted to provide a simple thread for people to say "ads" ( = adsum  = I am here) without any attempt at navel-gazing that may be difficult at the current time.

For example my old deputy has gone off with stress; I would never have thought that he would be affected in that way but he has.  These are strange times.

Yes, it is.

Same old drivel every day.

It is especially full of people looking for complex answers where simple and very obvious ones exist...

XYY

12 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Ultimately yes.

The sheer scale of tedious American politics on here is a prime example.

People talking shite about shit that has nothing to do with them, and that no average British person gives a flying fuck about.

The demise of this once decent forum was guaranteed from the moment that spunk-breath initiated those insidious "likes" - or "reps" as some folk prefer to call them.

From that moment onwards we were doomed to descend into a cess-pit of tedium and mediocrity...

XYY

23 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

No, it isn't.

My work routine has only changed slightly.

I only tend to deal with customers/coworkers remotely,  via a head.

I miss the Aeron chair - I have a flat arse n dead legs after 7h on finding table.

Even before the virus I used to think I was one of the very few who works FT on my street.

Since late March I'm pretty sure I am.

Ultimately yes.

People talking shite about shit that has nothing to do with them, and that no average British person gives a flying fuck about.

The demise of this once decent forum was guaranteed from the moment that spunk-breath initiated those insidious "likes" - or "reps" as some folk prefer to call them.

From that moment onwards we were doomed to descend into a cess-pit of tedium and mediocrity...

XYY

Have a 'like', chuckles.

And there we have it in two words. Don't criticise, or be ridiculed.

I don't give a shit if this forum eats itself. 

But eating itself it surely is...

XYY

Haven't you been predicting the downfall of DOSBODS since the day it started?

One day you'll be right, I suspect... Even a broken clock etc.  xD

5 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Ultimately yes.

XYY

Start some threads on something else then. Please not about taking photos of clapped out old bangers though. 

Just now, spunko said:

Haven't you been predicting the downfall of DOSBODS since the day it started?

One day you'll be right, I suspect... Even a broken clock etc.  xD

Yet he is still here.  Funny that. xD

6 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Ultimately yes.

XYY

Rep for the American politics which leave me baffled but the likes system is so much better than lots of "+1, totally this, top post" reactions as it compresses them into the attributes of the single post.