• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Turned Out Nice Again

Life/ youth extension

In the quest for renewed youthful vigour, I've been researching health tonics for the older gentleman and have so far invested (at some expense from the USA ) in one Dr. Gundry's "Vital Reds", a polyphenol-rich mix of superfoods and probiotics claiming to boost energy and am now considering purchasing an NAD/NADP precursor branded as "Niagen" which at least has mouse studies to support its restorative claims.

Anything else I should be aware of (while money is burning a hole in my pocket)?

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

3 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

In the quest for renewed youthful vigour, I've been researching health tonics for the older gentleman and have so far invested (at some expense from the USA ) in one Dr. Gundry's "Vital Reds", a polyphenol-rich mix of superfoods and probiotics claiming to boost energy and am now considering purchasing an NDP precursor branded as "Niagen" which at least has mouse studies to support its restorative claims.

Anything else I should be aware of (while money is burning a hole in my pocket)?

I have some excellent snake oil I can sell you. Guaranteed to make you live forever. It is in very short supply thus commands a significant price. B| 

11 minutes ago, One percent said:

I have some excellent snake oil I can sell you. Guaranteed to make you live forever. It is in very short supply thus commands a significant price. B| 

I'll take it if there are mouse studies.

7 minutes ago, NTB said:

I can supply a special cream that has a high zinc content and is very good for the skin. PM me for prices O.o

I've tried that gambit myself except I didn't charge.

There was I hoping to kick off a reasoned discussion of the current state-of-play in Life extension research and what do I get?

15 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

In the quest for renewed youthful vigour, I've been researching health tonics for the older gentleman and have so far invested (at some expense from the USA ) in one Dr. Gundry's "Vital Reds", a polyphenol-rich mix of superfoods and probiotics claiming to boost energy and am now considering purchasing an NAD/NADP precursor branded as "Niagen" which at least has mouse studies to support its restorative claims.

I bought a years supply of Niagen.  About 6 weeks into it.  Nothing to report yet but I have also been on a low carb diet and a one meal a day diet (lost 2 stone), so difficult to tell if there have been any noticable benefits.  

Good thread though to post updates.

Edited by montecristo

3 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Well there were mouse studies but the snakes couldn't keep their fangs out of them.  

Never mind that though, there is hardly any left.  I have to milk the snakes individually for the oil and it produces hardly anything. Best to get your order in. 

Now I have advertised it on dosbods it is bound to go quickly 

11 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

There was I hoping to kick off a reasoned discussion of the current state-of-play in Life extension research and what do I get?

You should know by now... xD

8 minutes ago, montecristo said:

I bought a years supply of Niagen.  About 6 weeks into it.  Nothing to report yet but I have also been on a low carb diet and a one meal a day diet (lost 2 stone), so difficult to tell if there have been any noticable benefits.  

Good thread though to post updates.

If you are anything like me, the LC/IF will have a massive energising effect on its own so it's going to be difficult to separate the influence of the Niagen. Please keep us updated nonetheless.

I figure Niagen and the polyphenols (Krebs cycle cofactors etc.) can't hurt (except obviously in the wallet).

On a more serious note, I did try some Salvestrol based product a few years ago. It didn't make any appreciable difference to how I felt so I stopped bothering.

Just now, NTB said:

On a more serious note, I did try some Salvestrol based product a few years ago. It didn't make any appreciable difference to how I felt so I stopped bothering.

However, have you tried snake oil. I can guarantee that it works. 

2 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

If you are anything like me, the LC/IF will have a massive energising effect on its own so it's going to be difficult to separate the influence of the Niagen. Please keep us updated nonetheless.

I figure Niagen and the polyphenols (Krebs cycle cofactors etc.) can't hurt (except obviously in the wallet).

TONA take a look at the longecity forum if you haven't discovered it yet.  Lots of personal reviews of longevity supplements.

http://www.longecity.org/forum/forum/489-nr/

4 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Good call! I'd forgotten about them. Didn't they re-brand as the Imminist forums?

Not sure.  Just found the forum a few months ago.  A lot of information to go through.  Seems that there are ongoing clinical trials of NR with results to be released this year.

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/96025-is-chromadex-the-only-seller-of-nicontinamide-riboside-have-any-of-you-bought-any-of-its-shares/

Edited by montecristo

2 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

How much are you guys paying for Niagen, and where are you getting it from?

I looked into it a while back, and decided that it was just too expensive to take a punt on. 

Yeah it's bloody expensive.  Mine was $363.19 for a years supply.   

8 minutes ago, montecristo said:

Yeah it's bloody expensive.  Mine was $363.19 for a years supply.   

Is that the 250mg dose?

The science is still a bit sketchy, but when I looked into this I remember coming to the conclusion that I'd want to take more than that, which obviously ups the cost.

Edit: too slow posting there, so you've already answered! 

I must be getting old xD

Edited by SpectrumFX

Just now, SpectrumFX said:

Is that the 250mg dose?

The science is still a bit sketchy, but when I looked into this I remember coming to the conclusion that I'd want to take more than that, which obviously ups the cost.

No 500mg a day.  A Year supply is 12 bottles of 60 x 250mg tablets in each bottle.  2 tablets a day.