DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Samsung A6 camera not focussing?

My 18 month old phone is on the fritz, specifically the camera which doesn't focus.

I've consulted the net, which is shit now for this kind of thing but that's a different thread, and done all the clear cache, resets, twatting it and testing it in safe mode 

Does any one understand these beasts, is there something mechanical that has 'gone' or is it firmware?

There is no such ap in play store only Google Lens and Google Photos.

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Download Google Camera from the store, use it to take a picture to determine whether it is a software issue with your Samsung camera app.

1 hour ago, ashestoashes said:

Cheers, just tried that and it does alter the focus but doesnt give a clear image.

What does this indicate?

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Download GCamator, run it and then download the camera it recommends for your phone.

Use that to take a picture as my first post.

Couldnt get that to work, just hung while installing.

This sounds like I'm taking the piss but I'm not... try tapping the camera quite hard with your fingers. As hard as you can. I had the same issue with my old Galaxy S9 and it's a common problem. The camera lens protector isn't always sealed properly.

33 minutes ago, spunko said:

This sounds like I'm taking the piss but I'm not... try tapping the camera quite hard with your fingers. As hard as you can. I had the same issue with my old Galaxy S9 and it's a common problem. The camera lens protector isn't always sealed properly.

Still no better but i also have a sore finger now.

Cheers.

28 minutes ago, mattydread said:

Have you tried cleaning the lens?

I'm also not taking the piss:)

Not the lens itself but the lense protector, can you access the lens to clean it?

3 hours ago, GBDamo said:

My 18 month old phone is on the fritz, specifically the camera which doesn't focus.

I've consulted the net, which is shit now for this kind of thing but that's a different thread, and done all the clear cache, resets, twatting it and testing it in safe mode 

Does any one understand these beasts, is there something mechanical that has 'gone' or is it firmware?

Someone will be along shortly to explain that smart phones are the work of the devil and that you really shouldn’t have one. :)

1 hour ago, GBDamo said:

Cheers, just tried that and it does alter the focus but doesnt give a clear image.

What does this indicate?

Couldnt get that to work, just hung while installing.

Oh well. You could try any free camera app just to see whether it is the Samsung camera app. That would save you faffing around with the lens.

The lens can suffer all sorts of problems and sometimes need replacing. Not looked in a while but there used to be lots of videos on YT showing how to do it. Harder on some makes than on others.