DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

6 minutes ago, Royston said:

In mid March I couldn't use most of my regular dog walking routes because the footpaths were more flooded than I've ever previously seen them, now everywhere is parched and bone dry.

Allotment was ankle deep in water through February. Now it's like the Sahara

1 hour ago, A tremendous # on the lung said:

No you are right. We've turned into a nation of useless dense whingers 

who've been so screwed over by our govrnment that people in far off places can make stealth boasts about having a [beautiful] pub which you are actually allowed to drink at.

A family member who works at a fairly senior operational level in the local water company tells me that their customers have been suffering from low water pressure quite frequently. They just can't pump enough to satisfy the demand which is unsurprising in the South as there have been about 10 million immigrants since 2004.

4 hours ago, snaga said:

when the reservoirs are full, it doesn't matter how much extra rain we have, we can't store it. All that rain just washed away.

when's the last time a water company invested in new reservoirs?

Reservoirs dont have the same ROI as the many pigeon slaveboxes they can cobble together much easier for the worker scum.

It hasn't rained here, apart from for about 2 hours on 1st May, since 18th of March. And I'm not exaggerating. I can only assume that other parts of the UK have been much wetter because I've never known it this dry before. The past 2 summers have been hot and dry but not like this.

1 hour ago, the gardener said:

A family member who works at a fairly senior operational level in the local water company tells me that their customers have been suffering from low water pressure quite frequently. They just can't pump enough to satisfy the demand which is unsurprising in the South as there have been about 10 million immigrants since 2004.

My water pressure has been low for about 3 years, which is coincidentally when ~200 houses went up in the village. It's unusable at times, I have to get up at 5.30am to use the sprinkler.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Bkkandrew said:

Just ban life in the U.K. it would be easier by all accounts.

(sorry, drunk from pub: probably will delete or further apologise in the morning)

If it's quality of life there wasn't much left to ban - then came the lock down. 

For many people they were doing them a favour - a temporary improvement from a very low base.  That would be unintentional of course.

Edited by twocents
12 hours ago, spunko said:

It hasn't rained here, apart from for about 2 hours on 1st May, since 18th of March. And I'm not exaggerating. I can only assume that other parts of the UK have been much wetter because I've never known it this dry before.

No, same here.

17 hours ago, NewryH said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-52873612

Jeez - a few dry days and the water warnings come out.  I can remember torrential rain a few weeks ago.  

It's Northern Ireland - not the outback.

We will never run out of water as we have Lough Neagh 

What we lack is the capacity to turn stored water into drinking water during times of increased demand 

The real issue is why are we using drinking water to fill large temporary swimming pools and water gardens imho ?

2 hours ago, Malthus said:

We will never run out of water as we have Lough Neagh 

What we lack is the capacity to turn stored water into drinking water during times of increased demand 

The real issue is why are we using drinking water to fill large temporary swimming pools and water gardens imho ?

I don't think there is an issue, I think it's an excuse to put prices up..... Or rather it makes enough of us blame ourselves for the rise in prices, that there aren't enough people to put together any kind of substantial resistance to it.

Every year we seem to get these warnings, and every year it comes to nothing.

Posted (edited)

I do my bit each evening by weeing on my grass.

I put a small glass bowl of water out yesterday for the birds. A few minutes later I noticed a few ants trying to scale up it to get at the water. They knew the water was there. 

Then they climbed inside the bowl and precariously balanced trying not to fall in. I made them some bridges from twigs and also some tiny water wings and a surfboard.

Edit: 

Some of this is not true.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

If there is one thing to really get my piss boilng it is this shit with our water supplies.

We live on a planet 70 odd percent of which is covered with the bloody stuff to an average depth of 2.3 miles.

We ourselves live on an island surrounded by it where it can frequently piss it down with the stuff for 360 days of the year.

We do not need to start rationing due to climate change or lack of resources, or whatever the fucking excuse is this week, we just need decent long term investment and managment of the countries critical fucking infrastructure.

The Chief execs of the water companies, their shareholders, their boards and all the other fuckers with their snouts in the trough need to be told to just fuck off, or else blindfolded and stood up against a wall.

Nearly every year they wheel some cunt or other out to tell me to "take less showers", effectively that I should reduce my levels of personal hygene as at the same time cunts are trousering millions of pounds a year whilst water is leaking out of pipes up and down the country like a fucking sieve.

Victorian era engineers would piss themselves laughing.

I ever get diagnosed with a terminal illness, these cunts are at the top of the fucking list.

What makes me laugh is all the cunts who think watering a lawn every night is a good idea.

Have non of the ever seen a documentary on the prairie or savannah grasslands, burned to a crisp then as if by magic it rains and there are meadows everyhere.

Leave the fucker alone its a waste of time.