DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

How much are you dropping your salary by?

A law passed in France in 2017 that nobody took much notice of (law Penicaud) has a provision that your boss can ask you to decrease your salary for a period of 5 years in the case of a major change in the economic situation. Your firm can also abolish the 35 hour week provisions.

It all seems a bit planned - create a crisis then use laws you passed a bit under the covers to screw everyone.

If you refuse you can be fired, no compo.

7 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

My friend had his salary reduced by 20% at the start of the lockdown. They told him it was because he would not be doing as much work at home.

Yeah it seems like it will be around 20% in France too with some holiday going as well. Some TV companies have begun firing their highly paid presenters.

That's going to be a lot of cash sucked out of the economy and would put a lot of people onto minimum wage subsistence living.

20 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

A law passed in France in 2017 that nobody took much notice of (law Penicaud) has a provision that your boss can ask you to decrease your salary for a period of 5 years in the case of a major change in the economic situation. Your firm can also abolish the 35 hour week provisions.

It all seems a bit planned - create a crisis then use laws you passed a bit under the covers to screw everyone.

We're all in the race to the bottom, France has just held on to her employment rights a little longer. They're going though, one way or another. Take what crumbs they offer you or starve.

21 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

The French had a revolution don't you know where they guillotined the elite, I wonder how the nouveau peasantry will react.

13 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

The French had a revolution don't you know where they guillotined the elite, I wonder how the nouveau peasantry will react.

The nouveaux peasantry rely on criminality so will probably be unaffected.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

Yeah it seems like it will be around 20% in France too with some holiday going as well. Some TV companies have begun firing their highly paid presenters.

That's going to be a lot of cash sucked out of the economy and would put a lot of people onto minimum wage subsistence living.

Please say they've fired this cunt with the face like an aggressive monkey. 

image.jpeg.0f60b0aa391da18829bc95a3039c6e3d.jpeg

Somehow I don't think they'll manage to get the public sector in France to take a 20% pay cut anyway! 

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all
7 hours ago, OurDayWillCome said:

My friend had his salary reduced by 20% at the start of the lockdown. They told him it was because he would not be doing as much work at home.

I'd be taking three hour lunches if they did that. 

I'm counting each additional day employed as a bonus at the moment. Consultation period and three months notice can hopefully take it into the 2021 boom. 

Sadly my newish female boss wants the whole team to be 'more visible' so the sort of important work I do to keep everything ticking over is likely to be deemed unnecessary. 

How do you deal with twats like this? Those that think perception is more important than reality... 

2 hours ago, Stuey said:

I'd be taking three hour lunches if they did that. 

I'm counting each additional day employed as a bonus at the moment. Consultation period and three months notice can hopefully take it into the 2021 boom. 

Sadly my newish female boss wants the whole team to be 'more visible' so the sort of important work I do to keep everything ticking over is likely to be deemed unnecessary. 

How do you deal with twats like this? Those that think perception is more important than reality... 

Two ways...get upset, and they win OR be seen to `lose the battle but win the war`.....they want 10 hours per day instead of 8 they get it, but only 5  full on task hours instead of the original 8.

1 hour ago, MrXxxx said:

Two ways...get upset, and they win OR be seen to `lose the battle but win the war`.....they want 10 hours per day instead of 8 they get it, but only 5  full on task hours instead of the original 8.

Fortunately with a decent FU Fund, I could just walk and despite being in a part of the country I don't intend staying in, it is pretty well paid. Absolutely no hiring going on at the moment though... 

11 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

Public or private sector?

Or both?

Posted (edited)

Well there's no bonuses (boni?) or pay rises for us this year, which equates to around a 12-16% pay cut. Large FTSE 100 manufacturing company. Would imagine that's going to be the case across the board. 

I'm assuming our exec will be in the same boat? No? 

Edited by Craig
Speling
Posted (edited)

Aon: 20% paycuts for 70% of staff

Those on over 40k I heard. 

I believe Aon are in the process of Willis Towers Watson takeover as well. Wonder if the cuts will affect Watsons too. 

I remember KPMG asking for a cut in exchange for working fewer days per week 11 years or so ago. Not sure how that worked out for them but this seems harsher. 

Edited by Bear Hug
13 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

Hmm one for the corona-conspiracies. But they did know the end was coming by the every fact interest rates couldn't be taken back up to normal levels.