DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Emergency Budget

TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

By all accounts, Mr Sunak ( who quite frankly shouldn't be in charge of his own bank card ) is going to have an emergency budget in July  (4 months after  the emergency )

I'll guess:

MORE TAXES

MORE TAXES 

MORE TAXES

MORE MONEY TO PROP UP THE HOUSING PYRAMID

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
goldbug9999

This is a hard one to call. Cant see that he is suddenly going to turn round and tax the people hes been doling out money and loans hand over fist to.

A Cyprus style bail in (seize x% of all deposits over a certain amount) is possible but highly unlikely.

He could maybe go for some windfall tax on online companies who have been making out like bandits perhaps (amazon being the obvious target).

Probably just plumb for a 90% wealth tax on white computer programmers living in rented.

As this whole farce has been to protect the oldest members of society then an immediate one off wealth tax (5%?) on anyone over 70 with over £500k worth of cash or property assets.

If their wealth is all tied up in property and they have no (declared) cash then put a charge on that property.

3 hours ago, Royston said:

As this whole farce has been to protect the oldest members of society then an immediate one off wealth tax (5%?) on anyone over 70 with over £500k worth of cash or property assets.

If their wealth is all tied up in property and they have no (declared) cash then put a charge on that property.

No chance they'll upset their core demographic. More than likely the most productive section of society will need to bear the brunt, as per fucking usual.

TheCountOfNowhere
1 hour ago, Craig said:

No chance they'll upset their core demographic. More than likely the most productive section of society will need to bear the brunt, as per fucking usual.

The core demographic just died.

5 hours ago, Royston said:

The dont need to do that. QE is their preferred solution.

TheCountOfNowhere

If you look at the persimmon share price I'd say it's safe to say we're about to see the biggest set housing pyramid props in history.

Castlevania

Combine employee NIC’s into income tax and cut the overall effective tax rate by 2%. Give all workers a tax cut. Get the better off pensioners to pay for it.

TheCountOfNowhere
45 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

Combine employee NIC’s into income tax and cut the overall effective tax rate by 2%. Give all workers a tax cut. Get the better off pensioners to pay for it.

Tax cuts....

image.jpeg.7153f69c9f5dca0921de82e428eb65b0.jpeg

Bus Stop Boxer
On 03/06/2020 at 08:32, Craig said:

They only do that when they have a majority that needs blowing on purpose.

#grannytax

I reckon he'll close the dividend earnings loophole. There's enough support from the population, mostly idiots, who think self employed people are just tax dodgers who should be on paye. 

sancho panza
On 04/06/2020 at 10:10, gibbon said:

NI will undoubtedly be going up to pay for all those NHS "Heroes", they need to get well remunerated for their Tiktok dances. 

Over the last few years I've had less and less downtime at work(ambulance service).

Then covid came and I've had shifts such where we've done two jobs when we'd normlly be runnign all night and do 6 and 8.

I've jsut psoted a comment from a doctor on the sceptics lockdown thread.read it.

people should be raging at what these idiots have done to us as a society.The only and I mena only silver lining is that it would have been way way worse under that wannabee stalinist than Bojo being guided by Professor Magoo

Wight Flight
1 hour ago, spunko said:

I reckon he'll close the dividend earnings loophole. There's enough support from the population, mostly idiots, who think self employed people are just tax dodgers who should be on paye. 

That would be risky. The people paying themselves low wages and dividend top ups have had the least help. They are very pissed off and there are quite a lot of them.

Wight Flight
29 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

Then covid came and I've had shifts such where we've done two jobs when we'd normlly be runnign all night and do 6 and 8.

Near to my office there is a place you can park up out of public view.

We have had an ambulance crew hiding most days since lockdown.

I guess parking all day in full view going nowhere isn't a good look.

Long time lurking

I reckon it will be more free money, tax breaks for companies, debt repayment holidays even taking private debt onto the government books directly 

But the reality will be the same spivs will gain the most,the lobbying has already started  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/personal-banking/personal-loans/return-bailiff-banks-hire-hundreds-chase-wave-credit-defaulters/

Regarding the self-employed there will be changes that was stated when he  included them in the furlogh scheme my money is on NI contributions will be aligned with PAYE  at the very least, all in the name of protecting the NHS

1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

Near to my office there is a place you can park up out of public view.

We have had an ambulance crew hiding most days since lockdown.

I guess parking all day in full view going nowhere isn't a good look.

I think they do that to improve response times.

Wight Flight
14 minutes ago, gibbon said:

I think they do that to improve response times.

Response to what?

Most days they don't go anywhere.

3 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Response to what?

Most days they don't go anywhere.

Yeah fair enough. I'm no paramedic fan. My girlfriends dad got permanently paralysed and the cunts took hours to turn up because "it wasn't an emergency". They park up at a secluded side street by me sometimes, if you go back a couple hours later they are still there same paramedics. They just sit there fucking around on their phones.

sancho panza
37 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Yeah fair enough. I'm no paramedic fan. My girlfriends dad got permanently paralysed and the cunts took hours to turn up because "it wasn't an emergency". They park up at a secluded side street by me sometimes, if you go back a couple hours later they are still there same paramedics. They just sit there fucking around on their phones.

Which region are you in?

haroldshand

You can only look the dogs bollox living on a credit card for so long before you are eventually found out. I have seen it up close so many times. The Guy you thought was some kind of success story as he jets off to Vietnam constantly  for a break who returns home to pump every good looking girl on the scene as he takes them to good London West end restaurants, then over night it ends as the banks say no more.

They have got zero ammo to pump into the housing market this time, and to be honest I am not even sure the powers that be even want to try, C-19 is now the perfect scapegoat to crash the property market and where nobody will be held accountable, in My view Tony Blair and Gordon Brown should go down in history as the two that f****d up the housing market and over populated the UK.

2 hours ago, haroldshand said:

You can only look the dogs bollox living on a credit card for so long before you are eventually found out. I have seen it up close so many times. The Guy you thought was some kind of success story as he jets off to Vietnam constantly  for a break who returns home to pump every good looking girl on the scene as he takes them to good London West end restaurants, then over night it ends as the banks say no more.

They have got zero ammo to pump into the housing market this time, and to be honest I am not even sure the powers that be even want to try, C-19 is now the perfect scapegoat to crash the property market and where nobody will be held accountable, in My view Tony Blair and Gordon Brown should go down in history as the two that f****d up the housing market and over populated the UK.

All good points and true, but I have 'Hope Fatigue' from decades of watching the inevitable results of this get delayed. 

haroldshand
36 minutes ago, Loki said:

All good points and true, but I have 'Hope Fatigue' from decades of watching the inevitable results of this get delayed. 

That I can totally get, there has been an unfairness in the property market system now for the last 20 years, but I was personally  as certain as I could be that this bubble was only going to pop come a black swan event, that's why I also thought housepricecrash.com was a total joke, and I have now been proved right.

It is now ingrained in so many peoples DNA that things cannot change, even when pure logic says it just cannot go on anymore, and it can't. Just get your self a beer or malt or whatever, get a big notepad and just do the sums one afternoon, It really is happening this time.

Archived