DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Emergency Budget

TheCountOfNowhere

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Iamcynical
1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

I hope it isn't. And also hope that people don't expect it.

That is 15% directly on the bottom line of pubs. Which is probably good enough to allow them to survive at 50% capacity.

And the grief of reprinting all the menus  - nah. Let them keep it. look upon it as a compulsory tip.

That's a good point actually - lots of people don't tip, so they will do now:o.  I always tip between 10-15% and probably still will do.  Although, if my experience in a pub/restaurant etc has been made shit by overly zealous application of 'rules' then they'll not get any tip.  It might not be entirely their fault, but I cannot tip if i've not rated the service/experience.

haroldshand
1 hour ago, Harley said:

TalkRadio now has Jonathan Davis for comment.  Going to be good......

Is he the guy that was the original housepricecrash.co.uk owner who sold it on to a commercial bunch?, bunch of w*****s in my view

30 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

Is he the guy that was the original housepricecrash.co.uk owner who sold it on to a commercial bunch?, bunch of w*****s in my view

Really?  Didn't know that.

stop_the_craziness

We are doubling the number of work coaches at a cost of nearly £900m this year. Work coaches are the first point of contact for someone who loses their jobs and comes for help. They provide invaluable personalised support to help people work. #PlanForJobs

Yay!  I briefly worked as a "work coach".  My job was to do the maths for the largely-innumerate clientele to show that getting a job would result in them getting less money than they were currently getting on benefits.  These people weren't bright, but they were bright enough to know that my job was stupid and so was I for doing it.

stop_the_craziness
On 02/06/2020 at 14:43, stop_the_craziness said:

Free Nandos.  For Everyone.  For Ever.

Do I get half a Mystic Meg prediction point for this?

King Penda
2 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

We are doubling the number of work coaches at a cost of nearly £900m this year. Work coaches are the first point of contact for someone who loses their jobs and comes for help. They provide invaluable personalised support to help people work. #PlanForJobs

Yay!  I briefly worked as a "work coach".  My job was to do the maths for the largely-innumerate clientele to show that getting a job would result in them getting less money than they were currently getting on benefits.  These people weren't bright, but they were bright enough to know that my job was stupid and so was I for doing it.

I had to go see them every morning at 9am for 2 weeks after I left amazon .I asked why the long term unemployed didn’t have to do this,I was told it was because they had a far higher chance of someone recently employed geting another job in other words they don’t want your realising you  won’t be that much worse off not working if your on minimum wage

1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

I had to go see them every morning at 9am for 2 weeks after I left amazon .I asked why the long term unemployed didn’t have to do this,I was told it was because they had a far higher chance of someone recently employed geting another job in other words they don’t want your realising you  won’t be that much worse off not working if your on minimum wage

It's probably more to do with having something to sanction you with if you don't turn up to cut your bennies than to actually help you find a job.

haroldshand
4 hours ago, Harley said:

Really?  Didn't know that.

Not certain about the story of how it happened or who owned it, but it was taken over, housepricecrash once had a open free speech forum, now it is just run by a bunch of c**nts with a bunch of cult like c**ts as members who stick to one mantra, god knows what it even stands for anymore.

They were invited onto mainstream TV to justify their stupid dumb views and bottled it, even that obnoxious pig Kirsty Allsopp made them look stupid

Castlevania
On 08/07/2020 at 14:15, Wight Flight said:

I hope it isn't. And also hope that people don't expect it.

That is 15% directly on the bottom line of pubs. Which is probably good enough to allow them to survive at 50% capacity.

And the grief of reprinting all the menus  - nah. Let them keep it. look upon it as a compulsory tip.

Turns out alcohol will remain at 20% VAT. 

Wight Flight
57 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

Turns out alcohol will remain at 20% VAT. 

No great surprise.

It would have caused a backlash if they had done otherwise.

Wight Flight
Just now, Sasquatch said:

Maybe they'll serve nano-food, designed to be sucked through the mask whilst still wearing it. 

I would write and complain, but having just got back from a splendid unmasked lunch out, I can't be arsed.

Castlevania
27 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

No great surprise.

It would have caused a backlash if they had done otherwise.

I was hoping that I could buy two pints and have change from a tenner. Guess I’ll stick to not drinking.

"Like us, you might have wondered why it is that the biggest contracts to purchase PPE have gone not to manufacturers or professional suppliers but instead to pest controllers, confectioners, and opaque family offices."

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/a-river-to-my-people/

Note: I am not promoting the above cause, I came across after a doctor told me about this. It just made me even more angry at the whole system.

Gloommonger
13 hours ago, logana said:

"Like us, you might have wondered why it is that the biggest contracts to purchase PPE have gone not to manufacturers or professional suppliers but instead to pest controllers, confectioners, and opaque family offices."

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/a-river-to-my-people/

Note: I am not promoting the above cause, I came across after a doctor told me about this. It just made me even more angry at the whole system.

Isn't this what the opposition party is for? This should be raised in Parliament. I guess, like the failed tracing app also linked to Cummins, it will be brushed under the carpet and I'm sure Labour were as guilty when they were in power. We're as corrupt as Latin America, just do it more politely. 

Archived