DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Basically it's to support the Saudi pipeline, An American and Saudi project (both rogue states), on which I declined to work on some years back, as being too much of a shithole, even for me.

10 hours ago, sarahbell said:

They want 2.3 trillion dollars of aid.

How many people are there?

Is it a new range rover each?

BEIRUT, Lebanon — International donors pledged about $1.35 billion in humanitarian aid for Yemen on Tuesday, far short of the $2.4 billion the United Nations had said was needed to pull a country shredded by years of war, hunger and disease from the brink of further disaster.

1 hour ago, Lightly Toasted said:

BEIRUT, Lebanon — International donors pledged about $1.35 billion in humanitarian aid for Yemen on Tuesday, far short of the $2.4 billion the United Nations had said was needed to pull a country shredded by years of war, hunger and disease from the brink of further disaster.

Good spot.

Yemen wants a thousand times more aid than Lebanon.

There is a simple answer here and it ends with "off".

Posted (edited)

The original request was for $2.4bn which is about $79 per Yemeni. In practice they've been pledged $47 per Yemeni by potential donors. It's not uncommon for promises of international aid not to be kept so the final figure of how much actually gets spent will probably end up lower. I don't think that will buy a Range Rover each.

Under the Marshall Plan the UK received about $33bn (inflation-adjusted) from the US, almost all in the form of grants and not loans. Per capita works out to about $700 per British person, around 20 times what Yemen is likely to receive.

Edited by Darude
28 minutes ago, Darude said:

The original request was for $2.4bn which is about $79 per Yemeni. In practice they've been pledged $47 per Yemeni by potential donors. It's not uncommon for promises of international aid not to be kept so the final figure of how much actually gets spent will probably end up lower. I don't think that will buy a Range Rover each.

Under the Marshall Plan the UK received about $33bn (inflation-adjusted) from the US, almost all in the form of grants and not loans. Per capita works out to about $700 per British person, around 20 times what Yemen is likely to receive.

But we paid it off and dismantled the two biggest fleets in the world pre war after the war .coincidence not .ps Royal Navy and the maritime navy.

28 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

I feel sorry for the Yemenis but ultimately its Saudi Arabia and the UAE who fucked the place up with British and French bombs sold to them unlawfully.  

FTFY

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, stokiescum said:

But we paid it off and dismantled the two biggest fleets in the world pre war after the war .coincidence not .ps Royal Navy and the maritime navy.

This is not correct, almost all of the Marshall Plan money the UK received was grants and not loans. There were loans outstanding from wartime which did need to be paid back (and were) but these were separate from the Marshall Plan.

Edited by Darude
2 hours ago, Kurt Barlow said:

I feel sorry for the Yemenis but ultimately its Saudi Arabia and the UAE who fucked the place up. They should pay. 

Saudi Arabia have pledged the largest share ($500m), makes sense as it's in their back yard. UAE pledging nothing, I imagine they'd be quite happy for Yemen to cause Saudi Arabia trouble. US and UK have also pledged some money, as major targets for Islamist terrorism it's not in their best interests to have another lawless training ground on the go.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Darude said:

This is not correct, almost all of the Marshall Plan money the UK received was grants and not loans. There were loans outstanding from wartime which did need to be paid back (and were) but these were separate from the Marshall Plan.

According to the wiki article they were a mixture of loans and grants. Of course, the reason they were handed out was because the US was worried Europe would go Communist.

Edited by Virgil Caine