• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
MrPin

Temporary Hospitals

22 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

They were used for photo ops.  Did they have another purpose as well then?

I suspect that is the case.

9 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

The ones following the Black Lies Matter protests?

No, the ones actively engaging in it. My farcebook is suddenly filled with it. I’m wondering whether I should point out that they are largely bent on destruction and looting.  

8 hours ago, MrPin said:

Were they used at all, or were the ordinary hospitals big enough?

For a few token cases only. This is why, when the dust settles and the detailed research is done, I’m certain that the UK’s death statistics from covid-19 will be somewhere in the middle of the pack not at the top end. If it was otherwise, we’d have seen the same overflowing hospitals that northern Italy, New York and Wuhan all had.

4 hours ago, One percent said:

No, the ones actively engaging in it. My farcebook is suddenly filled with it. I’m wondering whether I should point out that they are largely bent on destruction and looting.  

best to stay out of social media on this one.  There are no facts or logic that can shift peoples minds at a time like this.

I think the London hospital treated about 50 patient in total, with about 20 there at anyone time. 
They seemed to be set up under a false premise that everyone with covid would need to be put on a ventilator, would stay on it for weeks and then would recover. 

6 hours ago, One percent said:

We can't call it that, because the English stole that word from India in the 18th Century and now have to give it back.

We've now got recovery hospital where people can recover from the treatment.

Rehabilitation and recovery.

4 out of 150 beds used. Hospital could accommodate 300.

Old people.

One has lost five kg. And looks like a skeleton. He must have been chronically thin to start with. 

Bradley court. Seacole centre. 

What a nice thought to name it after Mary.

6 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

For a few token cases only. This is why, when the dust settles and the detailed research is done, I’m certain that the UK’s death statistics from covid-19 will be somewhere in the middle of the pack not at the top end. If it was otherwise, we’d have seen the same overflowing hospitals that northern Italy, New York and Wuhan all had.

A slightly different situation, Italy was a proper outbreak starting from one area, affecting that most initially ours was a pre-meditated import, airports wide open and somewhere between 1,000 and 10,000 carriers imported and spread across the country. Enough to cause chaos trying to clear hospitals of patients first and then run isolated units at each  one for the infected / not infected afterwards.