DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Posted (edited)

Continued to speak in the Commons yesterday while farcically wiping his face with a handkerchief and scratching his temples (who does that when ill, really?). Now supposedly suspected of Corona.

Middle aged, chubby and ethnic - how useful. What are the odds of him joining Jo Cox on her Carribean island of fake martyrs? 

Edited by Stuey

It does show the government to be a complete bunch of numpties at the moment.

This was on the BBC news this morning.
Along with:
UK people can not go to the Lake district for a holiday but people are potentially going to be allowed to come in and go on holiday to the Lake District as long as they "quarantine" 
Schools not deemed safe by teaching unions but air crewe unions ok with people flying? 
One of the cheap flight blokes was crying how bad it is for UK tourism to have this stupid and pointless quarantine as people will be allowed to go in a taxi, bus, supermarket during their "quarantine" 

11 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Along with:
UK people can not go to the Lake district for a holiday but people are potentially going to be allowed to come in and go on holiday to the Lake District as long as they "quarantine" 
Schools not deemed safe by teaching unions but air crewe unions ok with people flying? 
One of the cheap flight blokes was crying how bad it is for UK tourism to have this stupid and pointless quarantine as people will be allowed to go in a taxi, bus, supermarket during their "quarantine" 

Teachers hoping they will still get paid for 'working from home', air crews know they are going to lose their jobs. It's going to be interesting to see how the lockdown narrative plays out over the coming weeks now that it is being indirectly challenged by the marxist anti-populism loot fest narrative which has buried the covid story in the US and is trying to gain a foothold in the UK. Haven't a load of MPs 'had' the coof? Can't see that many will take much notice if another one gets it unless he dies.

29 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Along with:

Amongst many bonkers inconsistencies within this current badly written episode of Dr Who through which we seem to be living this half-baked quarantine idea seems to be the most bonkers inconsistency.

Lockdown / social distancing has been entirely abandoned by most under fifties (Southend beach, the snaking queue down to the Durdle Door beach, anywhere you walk on a sunny day) so the medical effect of this quarantine will be zip because, as Sarah said, you can still go out on a bus.

The only effect will be to continue to cripple airlines and travel companies because people will leave off booking their holidays until they don't need to become an expert upon the current government guidance to know what they can and cannot do.

I'd tremendously respect whichever of Boris / Pritti / Hancock / Gove stood up in the early evening press conference and said that quarantine was both wholly impractical and mostly pointless so was being dropped immediately.

30 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Amongst many bonkers inconsistencies within this current badly written episode of Dr Who through which we seem to be living this half-baked quarantine idea seems to be the most bonkers inconsistency.

Lockdown / social distancing has been entirely abandoned by most under fifties (Southend beach, the snaking queue down to the Durdle Door beach, anywhere you walk on a sunny day) so the medical effect of this quarantine will be zip because, as Sarah said, you can still go out on a bus.

The only effect will be to continue to cripple airlines and travel companies because people will leave off booking their holidays until they don't need to become an expert upon the current government guidance to know what they can and cannot do.

I'd tremendously respect whichever of Boris / Pritti / Hancock / Gove stood up in the early evening press conference and said that quarantine was both wholly impractical and mostly pointless so was being dropped immediately.

We need to quarantine people arriving from the USA but can't be blunt about it because it will piss off President Trump and Boris and co need a trade deal (it's almost any trade deal but they need something). And if we restricted just the USA and the few other places with REAL problems, Trump would take offence.

So we make ourselves look like idiots and destroy the travel industry because there is zero other ways of doing it.

UK Column have been pushing the idea that Cummings is part of an effort to create an atmosphere of chaos during which subtly radical changes to government and the nature of the British Constitution can be implemented behind the scenes. To their credit, they admit they don't know who is leading or exactly what is happening although they do claim to have sources inside government. In the context of this thread, an MP with likely covid symptoms speaking in the house could be used to re-invigorate the push for remote working / online voting which had been pushed as part of 'the new normal' and although MPs have now returned to the house, they are making a big performance out of the inconvenience and slowness of queuing to vote 'and follow the distancing guidelines' rather than the conventional pile-on in the lobbies. The implication is that remote working would be a significant step away from the accountability of government created by the physical presence of MPs being in the same place and open to debate and questions from journalists. Ultimately the implication is that diminishing visibility and accountability allows the important 'big brains' like Cummings to get on with governing the country without the tedious business of dealing with journalists, explaining or justifying things or being accountable to constituents. If there is any truth in the idea, it is ironic that the government that gained a large majority on the manifesto of doing away with unaccountable centralised government is trying to do just that itself.

9 hours ago, eek said:

We need to quarantine people arriving from the USA but can't be blunt about it because it will piss off President Trump and Boris and co need a trade deal (it's almost any trade deal but they need something). And if we restricted just the USA and the few other places with REAL problems, Trump would take offence.

So we make ourselves look like idiots and destroy the travel industry because there is zero other ways of doing it.

If we dont get the virus under control, countries wont let our holidaymakers into their country anyway. So its nada. Fix it or youre screwed. TBH its too late. Weve had the airports open for the past three months. The country is riddled with the virus. Now. Its a shambles start to finish. We should of locked down the borders, closed the airports and implemented the lockdown. After a few months, the country would now be disease free and we'd be over this crap. Instead, were the sick man of europe and they wont let us in now anyway. The politicans have fucked up big time. Its as simple as that. 

On 04/06/2020 at 16:08, Caravan Monster said:

UK Column have been pushing the idea that Cummings is part of an effort to create an atmosphere of chaos during which subtly radical changes to government and the nature of the British Constitution can be implemented behind the scenes. To their credit, they admit they don't know who is leading or exactly what is happening although they do claim to have sources inside government. In the context of this thread, an MP with likely covid symptoms speaking in the house could be used to re-invigorate the push for remote working / online voting which had been pushed as part of 'the new normal' and although MPs have now returned to the house, they are making a big performance out of the inconvenience and slowness of queuing to vote 'and follow the distancing guidelines' rather than the conventional pile-on in the lobbies. The implication is that remote working would be a significant step away from the accountability of government created by the physical presence of MPs being in the same place and open to debate and questions from journalists. Ultimately the implication is that diminishing visibility and accountability allows the important 'big brains' like Cummings to get on with governing the country without the tedious business of dealing with journalists, explaining or justifying things or being accountable to constituents. If there is any truth in the idea, it is ironic that the government that gained a large majority on the manifesto of doing away with unaccountable centralised government is trying to do just that itself.

I quite like UK Column. It sort of bridges the gap between more mainstream Youtubers like Mahyar Tousi, Talk Radio etc and the far-out oddballs like David Icke. That said, they do tend to go on a lot about what anonymous 'sources' have told them, and all roads tend to lead to Common Purpose. (IIRC it was Brian Gerrish who started the anti-Common Purpose campaigns on the internet years ago).

30 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I quite like UK Column. It sort of bridges the gap between more mainstream Youtubers like Mahyar Tousi, Talk Radio etc and the far-out oddballs like David Icke. That said, they do tend to go on a lot about what anonymous 'sources' have told them, and all roads tend to lead to Common Purpose. (IIRC it was Brian Gerrish who started the anti-Common Purpose campaigns on the internet years ago).

They've been veering onto dangerous ground recently with increasing reliance on anonymous sources. In the past they've been very good (I suspect better than some MSM) at verifying information. It's difficult to be sure with the myriad  vaguely named organisations of unclear purpose and obscured funding sources and they are most likely seeing conspiracy where there isn't any at times - we see plenty leap to the conclusion that 'inter dimensional lizard people', 'the illuminati', 'the jews' or whatever did it. Common Purpose is one of these strange influence organisations where it is difficult to pin down what they are really trying to achieve and I think Brian Gerrish often confuses their actions with a technocratic mindset already present in some civil service and government personnel that challenges democratic principles and sees general population as a herd to be managed, not employers to be represented. I'll keep on watching their videos because their balancing of  the plausibility to mad shit ratio is often thought provoking even if it causes hours of wasted time online, just like dosbods xD

37 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

They've been veering onto dangerous ground recently with increasing reliance on anonymous sources. In the past they've been very good (I suspect better than some MSM) at verifying information. It's difficult to be sure with the myriad  vaguely named organisations of unclear purpose and obscured funding sources and they are most likely seeing conspiracy where there isn't any at times - we see plenty leap to the conclusion that 'inter dimensional lizard people', 'the illuminati', 'the jews' or whatever did it. Common Purpose is one of these strange influence organisations where it is difficult to pin down what they are really trying to achieve and I think Brian Gerrish often confuses their actions with a technocratic mindset already present in some civil service and government personnel that challenges democratic principles and sees general population as a herd to be managed, not employers to be represented. I'll keep on watching their videos because their balancing of  the plausibility to mad shit ratio is often thought provoking even if it causes hours of wasted time online, just like dosbods xD

Good analysis I think. Common Purpose is, I think, just one of many 'steering' organisations/think tanks which subtly promote cultural marxism/Gramscianism behind the scenes, it's not really middle management's answer to the Bilderberg Group. Oddly enough, years ago they approached me to join them as one of their 'leaders of the future' but I was a bit suspicious so declined. I wish I'd joined as a DOSBODS double agent now!

Unity News Network is also quite good, though they have some unintentionally hilarious 'Brass Eye' type production errors which can be forgiven as the whole thing is done by one man.

On 04/06/2020 at 09:54, Frank Hovis said:

Did that happen? I have not been keeping up with anything they say as they seemed to be changing things hourly? Plus we get told entirely different things in Wales.

Did they say that or are you being tongue in cheek?

9 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Did that happen? I have not been keeping up with anything they say as they seemed to be changing things hourly? Plus we get told entirely different things in Wales.

I'm saying that that is the reality of the travel quarantine but that they are all afraid to admit that and drop it.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Presumably you're waiting for the First Minister to stand up and truely say the National Assembly is "wholly impractical and mostly pointless"!  Oh, and despised!

Edited by Harley