DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Law and order, government, Police etc

2 minutes ago, ccc said:

I'm not going to actively go out there and choose to break the law. But if a situation arises and it's in my best interests to do so ? Then I may well.

The police themselves have literally told us it's ok to pick and choose. I'm just following their orders. xD

It's a slippery slope. When some rules/laws are unreasonable, its easier to convince yourself that other laws are unreasonable. It all started with my broadly Dominic-like interpretation of lockdown rules. Now I am considering cycling on parts of a towpath with 'no cycling' signs. 

5 minutes ago, ccc said:

This is a huge moment for the UK imo.

I've thought that throughout the entire UK coronavirus lockdown. They're almost begging people to rise up and say fuck off we're tired of this confusing shit. The police know they can harass the odd picnicker but they're not up for a full on US-style battle which they know they would lose.

Just now, Bear Hug said:

It's a slippery slope. When some rules/laws are unreasonable, its easier to convince yourself that other laws are unreasonable. It all started with my broadly Dominic-like interpretation of lockdown rules. Now I am considering cycling on parts of a towpath with 'no cycling' signs. 

Yep fully agree. 

If the police can come out with waffly nonsense to try and justify their illegal actions - then why shouldn't we :Old:

The police are actively involved with the facilitation of an illegal activity. It's all in plain sight. 

1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

I've thought that throughout the entire UK coronavirus lockdown. They're almost begging people to rise up and say fuck off we're tired of this confusing shit. The police know they can harass the odd picnicker but they're not up for a full on US-style battle which they know they would lose.

It's all very strange. I'm just unsure what's behind it. What's the end game ? 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ccc said:

It's all very strange. I'm just unsure what's behind it. What's the end game ? 

I don't think there is a game per se, that credits them with the intelligence of a plan

It is just complete ineptness

TPTB are out of their depth

Many of their civil servce advisors also either want TPTB to fail or they have their own agendas

TPTB have no knowledge of science (if we are talking about the virus) and no balls to face down SJW agendas

TPTB have also surrounded themselves by sycophyants so the advice they are getting is worthless.

Edited by Hopeful

Surely there are many laws in place with which everybody disagrees, not necessarily the same ones, and therefore they only obey them within circmstances in which they believe there to be a reasonable likelihood of being caught by the police and fined / imprisoned.

Speeding is an obvious one.

Breaking lockdown a more recent one.  I drove a forty mile round trip when it wasn't allowed to visit a particular shop; I balanced the likelihood of being caught and fined £60 against the roads I was driving which did not allow police to be carrying out spotchecks as there was no dual carriage way or big laybys.

That something is law is not sufficient to make me obey it; I will obey it either if:

i) I was obeying it anyway because it aligns with my personal code of behaviour; or

ii) the sanction for breaking it combined with the likelihood of being caught are not worth the risk.

A good example of (ii) for me is guns.  I would absolutely love a collection of working WWI / WWII handguns and because I know that my desire for holding them is legitimate - simple collecting and target firing - I see no problem in my having them.  The sanction for holding them is however huge so I don't.  I object to the law but obey it because of state force.

For other people it can be drugs, illegal distilling whatever.

9 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

This was the thing with the Dom Cummings drive to his parents. I thought he was up to some meta strategy stuff around lockdown / wanting to get infection rates up in the hot weather.  Obvs not. I cannot believe the changes which we have made as a family and community (cancelled wedding for my niece, not funeral to speak of for uncle) and then to learn about the Romanian lettuce pickers, the 100k a week flying in and then the blind eye turned to rioting and protesters. Grrrr.

8 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

In fact, there aren't many people left that I hold any respect at all.

A handful of colleagues, about 5 friends,

Donald Trump and Putin xD

I had my doubts in people due to brexit, then coronavirus response, now it's black lives matter everywhere. You are doing well with 5, I think I am down to zero pretty much)) 

Well I have found some newly arrived fencing. To complete the containment of my home.

Civil unrest was always penned in.

And...one of my siblings will be around tommorrow to help me collect.

During what might be a low period in the virus fuck em.

My home had been penned is the one if ever unrest happened...would be the one where we all stay.  Free tin hats too.

They are making it up as they go along. Will stick to the plan. Family plan and a few associates.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ccc said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52909814

BBC trying to justify it too. Whilst even clearly stating it's illegal. Utter cunts. 

From your linked article,

"Ms Mogan argues the police should approach these protests in the same way that officers would consider a park full of sunbathing friends."

xDxDxD

Yeah right, they know damn well that if they steamed into an illegal BLM protest like they steam in to break up a bit of sunbathing, they would be handed their arses on a plate. Nothing if not cowards.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/03/met-feared-serious-disorder-if-lockdown-rules-were-enforced-at-racism-protest?fbclid=IwAR0QonseA_1mASrXrC8XikTTsGVfiq8InSWDXKYqR0xOHq77qhEdV2oJ8uY

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 18.22.05.png

Edited by Mirror Mirror
add link to Guardian article and pic.
7 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

"Ms Mogan argues the police should approach these protests in the same way that officers would consider a park full of sunbathing friends."

xDxDxD

She's talking shite and knows there is zero chance this bullshit would stand up in a court of law. 

It's almost like they are just pushing further and further as some sort of test to see just how much shite and lies the public will take. :ph34r:

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

xDxDxD

Yeah right, they know damn well that if they steamed into an illegal BLM protest like they steam in to break up a bit of sunbathing, they would be handed their arses on a plate. Nothing if not cowards.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/03/met-feared-serious-disorder-if-lockdown-rules-were-enforced-at-racism-protest?fbclid=IwAR0QonseA_1mASrXrC8XikTTsGVfiq8InSWDXKYqR0xOHq77qhEdV2oJ8uY

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 18.22.05.png

Cressida Dick says

"Look violent and we'll [the Met] melt away"

"Cressida, why the fuck should I care two hoots about the death of an ex crim in the US at the hands of the police ? Why? - But I'll tell you, I do care about your one rule for one and another rule for others, I care about that very much indeed, all I see from the police is double standards these days".

Edited by Hopeful
3 hours ago, ccc said:

So we now have the police and government blatantly telling the public they are going to pick and choose when the law applies or not. Depending on how they feel.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-52897532

They are meant to be our servants. They have a duty to protect and uphold the law. It's their job and we pay them for it. 

People have had their business destroyed. 

People haven't been allowed to see their newborn grandchildren. 

People have been arrested for going to the beach. 

The police have been called to people sitting in their own garden.

People have not been allowed to do all the sports and activities they enjoy. 

And all of this supposedly in.the name of health. 

Yet some folk literally tell the police the time and location for an event that is illegal and give them a weeks notice ? The police say ah no bother then on you go - and even engage with them. What the actual fuck. 

Well if they can pick and choose when the law applies then so can we. 

This is a huge moment for the UK imo. The government/police social contract has now been broken. In plain sight.

If they can pick and choose when the law applies. Then so can we. 

Fuck them all. This is their choice. 

I'm not going to actively go out there and choose to break the law. But if a situation arises and it's in my best interests to do so ? Then I may well.

The police themselves have literally told us it's ok to pick and choose. I'm just following their orders. xD

So, I’m taking it from the protests that some person of colour has been killed by plod in Scotland?