DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They seem to be coming thick and fast now. What I noticed is that they are always kicked off by some emotional image or video. No attempt to put things in context, or look at the figures or

I think it's the start of the fall of civilization.

People are bored because urban life has no soul; theatre, pubs cinema, facebook friends are all shallow in the end People have no imagination and are desperately looking for a purpose for their l

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, One percent said:

You are not including dosbods in this are you?  o.O

Let's say certain things are repeated, which I think may be of dubious origin. It's all out there, and there are some jokers.

Saw a program about a "Social Media Influencer", basically a prankster, who targeted mugs for a laugh.

Edited by MrPin

Sometime in the Middle Ages a nun in a French convent began to meow like a cat, shortly leading to the other nuns in the convent also meowing. Eventually all the nuns would meow together for a certain period every day leaving the surrounding community astonished.

This did not stop until the police threatened to whip the nuns.

Years later this was the basis for The Sound of the Music and the much-loved comic book Hot Pussy Leather Bitches At the Convent.

I made up a bit of this.

21 minutes ago, Loki said:

This is one of my favourite books, it's incredible to think it was written in the 1840s. It should be compulsory reading for all Dosbodderers.

It really helps to put all the Covid nonsense into context. What we are seeing now is a mass delusion pumped up on the steroids of mass communication.

It's like when people started drinking gin instead of wine or beer. All the previous problems of alcohol were magnified ten-fold.

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

People are bored because urban life has no soul; theatre, pubs cinema, facebook friends are all shallow in the end

People have no imagination and are desperately looking for a purpose for their life

People have gained no life experiences to show them the way because the state has looked after them too well.`

People are looking for someone to blame for their boring lives and for being faliures when actually, they need only to look at themselves.

The state hasn’t looked after me. o.O

We find that whole communities suddenly fix their minds upon one object, and go mad in its pursuit; that millions of people become simultaneously impressed with one delusion, and run after it, till their attention is caught by some new folly more captivating than the first.

this is a quote from the book. It says it all I think.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

The state hasn’t looked after me. o.O

I'm sure it has

But I probably know what you mean.

Because the state has never looked after me either* as I've never asked it to do so, and it would be my place of last resort, I'd have to me completely desperate and have exhausted every avenue.

*Except for provision of roads and rail, fixing a broken wrist, taking care of concussions, quite a few stitches at various times, `and dentistry as a child, oh, and my bin collections, and I did hear the bin man exclaim 'Ugh, bloody hell this one stinks' as he approached my bin this week.`

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Popuplights said:

I think it's the start of the fall of civilization.

No not the end of civilisation but the end of a historical cycle in time.
Empires come and go. Sumerians, Mesopotamian, Babylonian, Assyrian, Egyptian, Greek, Roman.
In a way we should feel privileged/unfortunate (whichever way you look at it) that we’re seeing the destruction of ours in real time in this generation or soon after.
Politics, bureaucracy, underhandedness, in-fighting, weakness and war is always the reason for the demise in the end. There’s nothing new under the sun after all.

I’ve posted this way too often.1514597154612.thumb.jpg.bc6c7d566495b7186ed86e1e7b818a63.jpg

Edited by Sideysid
9 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I'm sure it has

But I probably know what you mean.

Because the state has never looked after me either* as I've never asked it to do so, and it would be my place of last resort, I'd have to me completely desperate and have exhausted every avenue.

*Except for provision of roads and rail, fixing a broken wrist, taking care of concussions, quite a few stitches at various times, `and dentistry as a child, oh, and my bin collections, and I did hear the bin man exclaim 'Ugh, bloody hell this one stinks' as he approached my bin this week.`

Agree but re the bold, that is paid for out of tax, NI and road fund licence. Oh wait, no it’s not. That money is given to the feckless and unemployable so that they can have a higher standard of living than sap taxpayers. 

22 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

People are bored because urban life has no soul; theatre, pubs cinema, facebook friends are all shallow in the end

People have no imagination and are desperately looking for a purpose for their life

People have gained no life experiences to show them the way because the state has looked after them too well.`

People are looking for someone to blame for their boring lives and for being faliures when actually, they need only to look at themselves.

I think people need jobs. Those kids wouldn't be rioting if they were tooling propeller shafts in Eugene, Oregon, like the chap in Band Of Brothers. 

1 minute ago, eight said:

I think people need jobs. Those kids wouldn't be rioting if they were tooling propeller shafts in Eugene, Oregon, like the chap in Band Of Brothers. 

Exactly - that comes under my 'people are bored'

Too much food and not enough work.

If people are knackered they wouldn't be interested in crime

1 minute ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Yes, but I think the types of jobs available to some now are part of the problem.

After twenty odd years of it, I never want to see the inside of another corporate cubicle farm again. After having taken some time out I don't think I'd last an hour or two now of corporate bullshit generally without decking someone to be honest.

A large swathe of the workplace has become a souless ghastly place, and has been for some time.

Twenty years you say?  You are lucky to have got out with that sentence.