DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

“I want a nice, peaceful TEOTWAKI”

Posted (edited)

For many years, myself, along with many, many other posters on here and TOS have been encouraging the end of civilisation as we know it, exemplified  by phrases such as let it all burn. 

And this year we’ve had the great Coronavirus depression, or we will do shortly, and other people have had anarchy, looting and elevation to sainthood of criminal lowlifes.

And lots of whining.

Similarly the US preppy types have stockpiled guns, ammo, beans and hopefully bog roll in their basements for years yet when they’re asked to forego a haircut and a burger for a few weeks they lose their shit.

There’s  nothing in the system for us and so we want to smash the system. Yet when blacks do the same we get all uppity. Is it jealousy that they’ve done what we don’t have the balls to do, being mere keyboard warriors?

So in the words of Russel Crowe in Gladiator, are you not entertained?, 

Edited by Melchett
9 minutes ago, Melchett said:

For many years, myself, along with many, many other posters on here and TOS have been encouraging the end of civilisation as we know it, exemplified  by phrases such as let it all burn. 

And this year we’ve had the great Coronavirus depression, or we will do shortly, and other people have had anarchy, looting and elevation to sainthood of criminal lowlifes.

And lots of whining.

Similarly the US preppy types have stockpiled guns, ammo, beans and hopefully bog roll in their basements for years yet when they’re asked to forego a haircut and a burger for a few weeks they lose their shit.

There’s  nothing in the system for us and so we want to smash the system. Yet when blacks do the same we get all uppity. Is it jealousy that they’ve done what we don’t have the balls to do, being mere keyboard warriors?

Good point, I remember talk of riots if brexit was cancelled. Don't think it's jealousy though, just people caring about their own interests. 

Just now, MrPin said:

All the answers are on daytime freeview, and cable.

When the woman with the deep voice and square jaw starts talking you know it’s going to be about Nazis. Although, TBF, the chances that it was ‘nazi’ this or that were good regardless. 

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

The distinction that I would draw is that the clear support of most of the media for these twats reveals that they are furthering their globalist agendas by weakening the moral authority of the nation state.

This is not a "let it burn" but the march of globalisation via its one world foot soldiers.

Unfortunately they employ a lot of mugs, who will get a criminal record, unless they are posh.

33 minutes ago, Melchett said:

I am not entertained, I despair of the futility of it and the effect it will have on the  seriously injured and their families for the rest of their lives

This phase of global events will pass. Calm and order will return to the fire damaged and looted streets. Reprisals will come, the authorities will in time arrest and prosecute many of the rioters and the ring leaders, as happened in the UK after our riots a few years ago. Politicians will be ousted for their ineffectiveness by the majority who could only look on in horror as events unfolded.

I fear that a possible outcome is the change of mood from one of appeasement to one of hostility and anger from the peaceful majority and the gathering speed with which our liberty is being taken from us will accelerate. 

Revolutions rarely, if ever, bring about the nirvana hoped. 

I think there's every chance the loot fest will fizzle out by the end of next week and events relating back to the china flu will remain the bigger story. In the background the '08 / '09 financial grab part II is starting to take place and as before the changes will be subtle, incentivised, slow and incremental as before so as not to spook the herd.  The bigger worry is the response of the more extreme technocratically minded authoritarian globalists that probably do believe in some Georgia Guidestones type loonery who have found their way into many positions of power around the world and we have recently seen glimpses of the mask slipping. Emboldened by the meek acceptance of lockdown what will they push for next? However, the likes of Bill Gates do seem to have realised they were being too bold in their assertions and the creepy fucker has largely disappeared from the public eye now the fear of covid narrative has declined. Now some of the more extreme global health narrative has been shown to be based in dubiously funded, politically motivated made up science, there might not be so much 'you must believe all the science' for a while. Politicians jumping on dodgy bandwagons like the 'wasn't George Floyd a great guy'  is probably going to backfire as more leftists get looted and constituents get more of a chance to reflect. Unlikely we'll see an end of the world type  big change scenario without some loon getting the codes to the nukes or the category 1 lab at Porton Down or Fort Detrick. They'll carry on boiling the frog.

1 hour ago, Caravan Monster said:

However, the likes of Bill Gates do seem to have realised they were being too bold in their assertions and the creepy fucker has largely disappeared from the public eye

Bill Gates was on tv yesterday with Boris signing off on some new global vaccine fundraising effort, billions had already been pledged  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Caravan Monster said:

I think there's every chance the loot fest will fizzle out by the end of next week and events relating back to the china flu will remain the bigger story. In the background the '08 / '09 financial grab part II is starting to take place and as before the changes will be subtle, incentivised, slow and incremental as before so as not to spook the herd.  The bigger worry is the response of the more extreme technocratically minded authoritarian globalists that probably do believe in some Georgia Guidestones type loonery who have found their way into many positions of power around the world and we have recently seen glimpses of the mask slipping. Emboldened by the meek acceptance of lockdown what will they push for next? However, the likes of Bill Gates do seem to have realised they were being too bold in their assertions and the creepy fucker has largely disappeared from the public eye now the fear of covid narrative has declined. Now some of the more extreme global health narrative has been shown to be based in dubiously funded, politically motivated made up science, there might not be so much 'you must believe all the science' for a while. Politicians jumping on dodgy bandwagons like the 'wasn't George Floyd a great guy'  is probably going to backfire as more leftists get looted and constituents get more of a chance to reflect. Unlikely we'll see an end of the world type  big change scenario without some loon getting the codes to the nukes or the category 1 lab at Porton Down or Fort Detrick. They'll carry on boiling the frog.

Politicians and big corporations don’t mind virtue signalling so long as it does not impact their careers or hits the bottom line. They will happily shed crocodile tears for the likes of George Floyd while grinding the majority of the populations faces in the dust. Anything that keeps the suckers divided by race, generation or sex is fine by them. Let’s see what happens if the mobs move from looting small shops to trying to get their hand on the wealth of Bill Gates and company. The live ammo will be dished out to the goons and free fire zones authorised pretty fast is my guess.

Edited by Virgil Caine
3 hours ago, Melchett said:

And lots of whining.

"There’s  nothing in the system for us and so we want to smash the system" is a false equivalence, it's not typical prepper behaviour (preppy means something else :)). Prepping is usually a response to an economic/societal trajectory that's believed to be unsustainable; in that context "let it burn" comes from the fear that the longer it continues, the worse the collapse will be.

Here's an acid test to distinguish motivation and desire: bring up the idea of territorial partition. If the target group jumps at it, they want a new system and believe (rightly or wrongly) that they will be able to make a go of it.

If instead they scream that you're racist/supremacist for wanting separation, then there's another agenda in play. They're more interested in looting the existing system, than burning it down and re-booting. The mindset reminds me of a mentally-ill family member who told me I was attacking him by wanting to establish boundaries. Mind you, he did burn down our relationship so these things don't always turned out as planned.

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

The distinction that I would draw is that the clear support of most of the media for these twats reveals that they are furthering their globalist agendas by weakening the moral authority of the nation state.

This is not a "let it burn" but the march of globalisation via its one world foot soldiers.

This - if we did this then we would be immediately crushed.  However, we need this to happen - not that this will be it, this time.  Our only chance is for the globalists to become too bold too soon, to overplay their hand.  Otherwise, the slow erosion of our way of life by replacement from without and leftist propaganda from within will finish us over time.

4 hours ago, Melchett said:

And lots of whining.

Massively entertained, I just wish they would attack elements of the state beyond the odd police station when I see council and government buildings burnt to the ground politicians and civil service employees hanging from lamp posts then I will be even happier 

4 hours ago, Melchett said:

And lots of whining.

Rioting, looting  protestors are not doing anything I want to do.  I want to change the system, not smash it.  You don't speak for me.

And I am not entertained,  I am depressed, concerned and appalled.

Mostly for my daughter, who, God willing, will be around a lot longer than me.

As others have already said, the changes I want aren't coming.  On another thread someone said about "don't look, be or act like a cunt".  That isn't happening any time soon and that's the world I want to live in.

However, the Coronavirus nonsense (coupled with a massive over-reaction from my workplace) has enabled me to do the physical disengagement from our bollocks society that I have previously only been able to do mentally.  I am now truly in my own universe, working from home (possibly for ever), setting my own timetable/focus agenda and not having to listen to Karen & Karen's utter drivel in my ears all day long.

I'll take that for starters.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lightly Toasted said:

"There’s  nothing in the system for us and so we want to smash the system" is a false equivalence, it's not typical prepper behaviour (preppy means something else :)). Prepping is usually a response to an economic/societal trajectory that's believed to be unsustainable; in that context "let it burn" comes from the fear that the longer it continues, the worse the collapse will be.

Here's an acid test to distinguish motivation and desire: bring up the idea of territorial partition. If the target group jumps at it, they want a new system and believe (rightly or wrongly) that they will be able to make a go of it.

If instead they scream that you're racist/supremacist for wanting separation, then there's another agenda in play. They're more interested in looting the existing system, than burning it down and re-booting. The mindset reminds me of a mentally-ill family member who told me I was attacking him by wanting to establish boundaries. Mind you, he did burn down our relationship so these things don't always turned out as planned.

Precisely.

If the current system ends John Frum won’t bring anymore Cargo for the mobs to loot.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Frum

Edited by Virgil Caine
Posted (edited)

I see various factors at play.

The protests/riots fit the lefty/woke agenda so they are being cheered on by the legacy media.

People are emboldened by the large scale flouting of government edicts (all the lockdown bollocks) without apparent consequence.

There seems to be a large cohort of people are susceptible to some sort of large scale collective emoting which transcends any actual logic or proportionality (think princess diannas death).

Edited by goldbug9999
2 hours ago, Lightly Toasted said:

The mindset reminds me of a mentally-ill family member who told me I was attacking him by wanting to establish boundaries.

I bet most of this lot are on head meds, funnily enough.

Worth doing some research on serotonin's effects on learned-helplessness, aggression, rigid thinking.

Of course, the doctors would not give them out like sweets if they weren't benign and wonderful.

I love are NHS.

Talk above about rioters and mobs is scary sounding but always possible despite what idiots like Steve Pinker says (in his book better angels of ourselves he argues we are moving away from violence - although I'm stealing from nassim taleb for calling him out in particular - taleb sees his upper middle class golden yeared (boomer!?) academic sitting in his ivory tower coming up with this codswallop that sounds fancy written down but apparently completely flawed)

Anyway yes I don't think there is massive cause for concern yet but like others have commented mob rule and justice is still possible wherever you live.  Just human nature lord of the flies type stuff.  Not something your country club rotary member maybe thinks possible outside a shit hole in Africa, a war torn South American bananna Republic, or of course the damn Indians with their strange ways.