DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

So the next best alternative is camping I’m not risking booking anything anywhere yet but camping should be the safest option .just need the rest of the shit now my idea of camping is very basic so looks like I will need a lot more tat will scour eBay and selling sites for the rest the only good news is I will only need to buy it once .i might have gone over the top mind you .

F77909F3-40FD-45E8-846F-D88071F42624.jpeg

1C0721EC-3D7F-4518-BD00-1C8A36FDE279.png

You have my sympathy.

Mine was cancelled a few weeks back - my plan to get in just before the school summer hols was my downfall.

If this carries on and they cancel the main holiday season, or even make it unworkable with 2 week quarantines when you come home, and nobody knows anyone who is sick far less dead and all the MSM are full of backstories saying how it is really just a problem for BAMEs/the terminally unhealthy its going to be a long, hot summer for the ruling classes and their stooges.

1 hour ago, Popuplights said:

Get one of these camp tables. They are fantastic, can be a bit rickety, but nothing beats s sitting with the family in the evening sun eating the dinner you have just cooked on your gas stove.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7925119?clickSR=slp:term:camping table:15:20:2

Quite good that is .looks like I’m going to need two cars or buy a trailer her civic has a tow bar.need to look out for people selling there shit now 

Posted (edited)

I picked up a belter 5ft trailer from down your way last summer, £100. Along with a roof box it makes all the difference once you don't need to squeeze all your gear in the car with the bin lids. Hoping to get to Shell Island this summer, not ticked it off yet, it's huge apparently so no probs with distancing should any squawking Karens be knocking about 

Edited by lid
Squawking
57 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Quite good that is .looks like I’m going to need two cars or buy a trailer her civic has a tow bar.need to look out for people selling there shit now 

You should come here

You can stay in a helicopter (amongst other options)

https://www.windmillcampersite.com

The cheap gas canister stoves are fine.  If you want 'more' buy two.  Get 'more than enough' canisters (which will be about two packs of 4) and you'll know how much you'll use them after your first trip.

The head torches from Poundland are fantastic (they're blue if that's any help).  You should have one for every person, and then a couple spare because you'll lose some and they only cost a £.

Paper cups and plates are handy, even though they'll make Greta cry.  Morning cereal should always be in a proper bowl, though.

If you can find a cheap pack of tent pegs that's always useful (as there never seem to be enough).  You'll need a rubber mallet for peg bashing.  A longish screwdriver is useful for taking out the plastic tent pegs that are standard these days (there's a hole at the top for this purpose).

Sleeping bags are always either too hot or too cold.  Young children don't like this and moan continuously.  Take extra blankets for them.

IME inflatable camp beds always deflate in the middle of the night.  Get camping beds.  I like the old springy leg ones, but it is a bit of an art to assemble them so practice (hint, push against the ground to compress the leg so that it'll get in the hole).  Camping mats are fine if you're okay with that sort of thing (most aren't).

I used to be fine sleeping on camping mats, but my back won't let me now.  Anything more than one night and can't sleep.

Someone suggested a fishing chair/bed.  Absolute luxury, I sleep better than at home now, but the damn thing weighs a tonne and takes up most of the car.

5 hours ago, lid said:

I picked up a belter 5ft trailer from down your way last summer, £100. Along with a roof box it makes all the difference once you don't need to squeeze all your gear in the car with the bin lids. Hoping to get to Shell Island this summer, not ticked it off yet, it's huge apparently so no probs with distancing should any squawking Karens be knocking about 

Strange you mentioned shell island 

42 minutes ago, horridbloke said:

Practise putting the tent up in your garden, or a mate's garden, before your trip. This is extra-essential if the tent is borrowed or bought second hand. You do not want get to a campsite miles from anywhere and only then find the thing has a massive rip in it / no pegs / smells funny.

I’ve got two brand new ones .the other is a 4 man got it for metal

detecting rallies but it’s not going to be big enough I never got around to trying it out .in spite of going camping I have little kit because I only take tins of beans and sugar puffs for breakfast and an inflatable bed and a pillow and 1 spoon I eat the beans cold .im also pissed up for 3 days straight