DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Video Editing Software - An Image with some MP3's Playing Behind It

Was trying to do this last night on my windows 10 computer.

Gave up in the end - fair enough it was late and I was tired. Gonna try again now but just in case there's a really easy (free) way to do this that anyone knows of I'm posting this here in case they can help me out before I figure it out myself.

I have an image, I have a series of MP3's. I wanna have the image as the ..... well Image on the video, and the series of MP3's in the background. Simple, no?

I did this 15 years ago but windows seems to have made things harder, their new apps are shit.

I'm guessing there's probably some open-source video editor I should be grabbing?

Funny you should mention this, I needed the very same a couple of weeks back. Found OpenShot on a free download, seems to do everything I need, took me half an hour to get my head around.

(im assuming you're using Windows, as if you had a Mac you d already be producing your own 'content'!) 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Craig said:

Funny you should mention this, I needed the very same a couple of weeks back. Found OpenShot on a free download, seems to do everything I need, took me half an hour to get my head around.

(im assuming you're using Windows, as if you had a Mac you d already be producing your own 'content'!) 

Cheers will give that a shot.

Oh and I like your user icon. Mark Hollis was a genius. RIP.

Edited by JoeDavola
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Was trying to do this last night on my windows 10 computer.

Gave up in the end - fair enough it was late and I was tired. Gonna try again now but just in case there's a really easy (free) way to do this that anyone knows of I'm posting this here in case they can help me out before I figure it out myself.

I have an image, I have a series of MP3's. I wanna have the image as the ..... well Image on the video, and the series of MP3's in the background. Simple, no?

I did this 15 years ago but windows seems to have made things harder, their new apps are shit.

I'm guessing there's probably some open-source video editor I should be grabbing?

Use windows 10 video editor.

Edited by XswampyX
2 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

Use windows 10 video editor.

Yep I think I've got it almost worked out now. (Haven't watched your video yet)

- Drag in the photo

- set the 'time' to the total length of the mp3's

- add the custom audio

.....only annoying thing is with multiple mp3 files there's no way to 'snap' them together in the timeline one after the other, you have to drag them with pixel accuracy on the UI and it's figety. Anyways I think I'm almost there.

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Yep I think I've got it almost worked out now. (Haven't watched your video yet)

- Drag in the photo

- set the 'time' to the total length of the mp3's

- add the custom audio

.....only annoying thing is with multiple mp3 files there's no way to 'snap' them together in the timeline one after the other, you have to drag them with pixel accuracy on the UI and it's figety. Anyways I think I'm almost there.

Use Audacity and create a massive single mp3?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, XswampyX said:

Use Audacity and create a massive single mp3?

:D

Literally just done that! Giving it a listen now to see if the stitching has worked ok. :)

Seems to be fine so far - it's important that the music doesn't have any gaps at all between it.

Edited by JoeDavola