DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Other than his re-writing history to suit his beliefs you mean.

Well,  I guess technically if it was purely ideological we would have continued into Russia and wiped out the Fascist Communists too..  but I guess you could argue that they only protected us from the immediate threat of German fascism.

But there’s no point denying Germany was a fascist police state,  they probably would have eventually tried to invade us,  and it would have been pretty shit living under that regime.  So I think his point,  no matter how insincere,  probably still stands.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Well,  I guess technically if it was purely ideological we would have continued into Russia and wiped out the Fascist Communists too..  but I guess you could argue that they only protected us from the immediate threat of German fascism.

But there’s no point denying Germany was a fascist police state,  they probably would have eventually tried to invade us,  and it would have been pretty shit living under that regime.  So I think his point,  no matter how insincere,  probably still stands.

You can make a better argument that Germany protected us from the Soviet Union

Edited by AQUAMAN
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Libspero said:

100% preferable to staring down the barrel of being a hated ethnic minority in your own homeland with nowhere left to run to.

Edited by Boglet
3 minutes ago, Boglet said:

100% preferable to staring down the barrel of being a hated ethnic minority in your own homeland with nowhere left to run to.

You’re only hated by white lefty middle class extremists..  the ethnic minorities probably think you’re ok. 

I have a feeling that Nazi-ism is the only pure 'bad' thing left, and it's therefore completely safe to criticise -- no-one out there will defend Nazi-ism in any way*.

I note that I've not really heard Starmer's opinion on anything else, particularly our response to coronavirus (well, there's the odd venture into current affairs on occasion ('they've made poor decisions!', but he's careful to not actually suggest any solutions other than 'something must be done!').  Pretty lousy politics, really -- ie, doing his best to become elected next time by ensuring that there's nothing out there to catch him out in the future; he's not actually offering any value at the moment.

[* I want to say something like 'as it should be', but it is a bit weird -- eg, people will say about Mussolini 'at least he made the trains run on time'.  Really we should say about the Nazis 'well, their industrial complex was amazing' or 'they really pioneered rocket engineering', but they're completely bad (the definitive absolute badness) and thus have no redeeming qualities at all**.]

[** apart from the excellent uniforms]

7 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

We dismantled Nazism throughout Europe, at great cost.

Shame the Nazis weren't completely wiped off the earth but anyhow, I'm proud of what my Dad and others in my family did on D-Day and afterwards.

Nazi apologists can just fuck off.

No we didn’t. It just renamed itself as the EU.  

My late father was a fan of George C Scott and the film Patton.

As I have aged I know really understand it was Patton he liked and what he had wanted to do in Europe. A four star cunt as a person seemingly. The Great Cause was stopped with blocking of Pattons ideas.  Making The Great cause, as Frank say, ju56433f71bd86ef1b008c9079.thumb.jpeg.7c7a1fe5771c8b40f55aa1053d862eb3.jpegst another European baby spat.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Boglet said:

99% of the men who went to 'liberate western Europe from fascism' would have held beliefs, values and a worldview that would have qualified them as 'Nazis' by today's standards.

But by the standards of the time, the British Empire and Soviet troops were the SJWs e.g. black GIs being treated better by the British than they were in their own country, communist ideology requiring toleration of other ethnicities within the multiethnic states like the USSR and Yugoslavia. The Americans definitely had a bit of Nazi-style racial theory going though, especially the ones from the South. And although in theory the USSR was meant to be a happy ethnicity-blind family in practice it was run by Russians.

Edited by Darude