• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
MrPin

Toilet Paper

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, t_v 🏅 said:

Prep for the second wave.

Sounds more like bent money propping up a Welsh industry.

I have NOT seen a toilet roll shortage. The local shop is stuffed with large packs of the stuff.

Edited by MrPin

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

Sounds more like bent money propping up a Welsh industry.

That too but we also don't want societal breakdown over bog roll so stock should be aplenty come Oct/Nov.

1 minute ago, t_v 🏅 said:

That too but we also don't want societal breakdown over bog roll so stock should be aplenty come Oct/Nov.

Nobody will use it on their bottoms. It will be thrown at protests.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Melchett said:

Surely there’s no need for more bogroll in Wales, what with all the sheep?

Don’t you just wipe it on their woolly back ¬¬.

Edited by Battenberg

“...and will prove to be of major significance for generations to come."

Possibly. Pre and post the second production line of toilet rolls. Waiting for the virtual toilet roll the biggest thing to happen in toilet rolls since we’ll ever!

22 hours ago, MrPin said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52947072

Coronavirus: Bridgend toilet roll mill expansion

This seems to be ,er, well, nonsense.........

Are people crapping more during shutdown, of have they stopped nicking the work bog roll?

Either way it has to be manufactured somewhere.

It because so many people panic bought way more than they needed and stockpiled large quantities at the start of the lockdown.

We now have the depressing and yet expected scenario where the Welsh people that filled their cupboards with bog are now throwing it away because its out of date.

Perhaps a more appreciative use of this commodity and its manufacture should be considered before we commit to creating a post virus bog roll mountain. 

For instance as a family we were so skint we used hand me down/second hand/used toilet roll.

Other than chronic dysentery, a few hospital stays, no friends and stunted growth I have never looked back. Mind, thats partly due to the mineral malabsorption and consequent deformed cervical vertebrae so I could turn my neck.

We ought to be selling used leaves instead as a substitute. Clever...would then lead to more tree planting..more leaves and remove the inevitable Chinese out of the supply chain. Keeps the Greenies happy and the air fresh.

National security secured. 

On 06/06/2020 at 14:30, MrPin said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52947072

Coronavirus: Bridgend toilet roll mill expansion

This seems to be ,er, well, nonsense.........

Are people crapping more during shutdown, of have they stopped nicking the work bog roll?

Either way it has to be manufactured somewhere.

Different types of bog roll. Demand for the domestic stuff (fluffy, two ply, texture of a puppy’s fur) is still way up and demand for the commercial stuff (thin, dispensed from huge rolls stored in a machine) is still way down for obvious reasons. Factories that make one type don’t tend to also make the other.

3 hours ago, invalid said:

It because so many people panic bought way more than they needed and stockpiled large quantities at the start of the lockdown.

We now have the depressing and yet expected scenario where the Welsh people that filled their cupboards with bog are now throwing it away because its out of date.

You're shitting me. Bog roll has a wipe-by date...?

So if you don't polish your chocolate starfish by this deadline, then your Andrex loses its efficacy - and you are left with terrible tagnuts and dangleberries...?

Fuck off...!

;)

XYY

Nothing to do with wipe by dates but got a free packet of crisps from work (we are fed some slop in these trying times).  Lo and behold the crisps had a best before of 6/6/20... Some company probably trying it on or at least getting rid of old stock.

Anyway I was told that every crisp best before date comes out on a Saturday.  Completely useless -and unchecked- fact of the day for me though.

On 07/06/2020 at 22:19, Dogtania said:

Nothing to do with wipe by dates but got a free packet of crisps from work (we are fed some slop in these trying times).  Lo and behold the crisps had a best before of 6/6/20... Some company probably trying it on or at least getting rid of old stock.

Anyway I was told that every crisp best before date comes out on a Saturday.  Completely useless -and unchecked- fact of the day for me though.

If you have a crisp which is irregularly shaped but one side is a straight line then it means it came from a larger potato which the machine decided to cut. If your crisp is brown instead of goldy then it came from the wrong sort of potato with too much sugar which then caramelised. Saw it on the box last night.

Posted (edited)

They could make a fortune by putting short expiry dates on toilet roll. Cha ching.

The worried well will obey.

Edited by 201p

7 hours ago, Funn3r said:

If you have a crisp which is irregularly shaped but one side is a straight line then it means it came from a larger potato which the machine decided to cut. If your crisp is brown instead of goldy then it came from the wrong sort of potato with too much sugar which then caramelised. Saw it on the box last night.

A while back I saw something similar regarding how the "humble" pot chip is made.  Think it's nitrogen that keeps them fresh - still would like to try one of the olden days crisps that only lasted a day or two but probably dressed in beef dripping.

Anyway the program I saw had a giant monster munch that was never ending and each piece was sliced off the one strand.  Admittedly corn but uniformly monster shape.

52 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

Anyway the program I saw had a giant monster munch that was never ending and each piece was sliced off the one strand.  Admittedly corn but uniformly monster shape.

Pickled Onion flavour?? My favourite!

8 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

Pickled Onion flavour?? My favourite!

Almost! A bit of a perinnial bugbear or personal 'Mandela effect' for me but I vividly recall my favourite being the orange coloured one. Years ago I'm sure I investigated online and found info saying it contained some food colouring or flavouring that was banned for turning kids orange.  Never seem to find anyone that remembers the packet no it's not the spicy flavour, think that eventually replaced it.

Roast beef not too bad either